306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-08-2015, 12:54 PM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]I struggle to find the need, time, effort spent in lightening a car? Surely, if you're just after a lightweight, pokey car, take the current engine and drop into a stripped 205 - will probably be safe also given you won't need to cut every support and chassis piece going?

Out of principle perhaps?

Bla bla bla

Why havnt you just got a 3dr? Why havnt you just got a gti6? Why havnt you just bought a fast car? Why havnt you just bought a 106 gti? Why havnt you just reshelled into a 205? Why havnt you just got a megane sport like everyone else?

Ive heard it all before dood. Yawn.

No safety supports or chassis pieces have been cut and a 205 is like driving a match box as regards safety!
Do you have a cage fitted??
(09-08-2015, 02:36 PM)fatlapit Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a cage fitted??

Behave that weight lmao
(09-08-2015, 02:36 PM)fatlapit Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a cage fitted??

Do you SEE a cage fitted!?  Confused
Strange about going on about safety but no cage
(09-08-2015, 02:58 PM)fatlapit Wrote: [ -> ]Strange about going on about safety but no cage

When have i "gone on about" safety!?
there Tongue

(09-08-2015, 02:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]No safety supports or chassis pieces have been cut and a 205 is like driving a match box as regards safety!
Thankyou
Thats "going on about"...a brief mention in ONE sentence!? :/

You obviously don't know how I "go on about" stuff!!
yeah we do, this is page 94 lol

that engine must be a bit of an anchor, my mate AdamB's xsi (phase 1 with a 6 engine) is under a ton with heavier wheels and a proper big cage in it and quite heavy seats, still has heater too.

cage weighs 55 kilos roughly!
I think like dynos weigh bridges are great for comparisons, i.e before and after weight but are not very accurate and results vary wildly
(09-08-2015, 03:25 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]yeah we do, this is page 94 lol

that engine must be a bit of an anchor, my mate AdamB's xsi (phase 1 with a 6 engine) is under a ton with heavier wheels and a proper big cage in it and quite heavy seats, still has heater too.

cage weighs 55 kilos roughly!

Yeah its about same tbh BUT add on manifold and turbo and fmic and that all adds up

My goal is to try and get down to 950ish so I can add a cage and still be hovering around a ton.

Struggle is going to be a 5dr cage  Huh

(09-08-2015, 03:28 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: [ -> ]I think like dynos weigh bridges are great for comparisons, i.e before and after weight but are not very accurate and results vary wildly

Yeah

Would like to get it on more bridges to compare ThumbsUp
after my HORRIFIC choice of music and me not being careful to check content... here is same video but take 2!...

https://youtu.be/CFPfAWlnwy0
Yeah piggy. Buy a proper motor to put the 2.1 in. Who would put a fast engine in anything but a 3 door hatch. Its completely ridiculous..............
Or buy gti6 or rallye and be like all the other track boys
There's no shame in owning a rallye track car. I did what I wanted to do, you did what you wanted to do . I looked at it as saving a rallye from scrap tbh.

I'm not really understanding what the driving force is anymore with this but each to their own.
All im gonna say is boost n broken gearboxes ftw
Thats fair enough C2K

The driving force for me is that I just love it. I love striving for it to be different, lighter, torqueyer, grippier, more fun to drive, trying mods I never have before and didnt think I would ever do Smile

(10-08-2015, 09:17 PM)fatlapit Wrote: [ -> ]All im gonna say is boost n broken gearboxes ftw

Aye true Smile
If you wanna just be cool reshell it into a 406 coupe Smile
Loving this build. Keep going, I loved my 5dr but there were just to many little things wrong with the shell itself. Plus I had it for 8 years so was due a change.
But I don't wana just be cool.

I have also found this a really theraputic hobbie tbh.

I have learnt SO muvh in this project. And I hope some future plans/changes will help continue the learning process
(09-08-2015, 02:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2015, 12:54 PM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]I struggle to find the need, time, effort spent in lightening a car? Surely, if you're just after a lightweight, pokey car, take the current engine and drop into a stripped 205 - will probably be safe also given you won't need to cut every support and chassis piece going?

Out of principle perhaps?

Bla bla bla

Why havnt you just got a 3dr? Why havnt you just got a gti6? Why havnt you just bought a fast car? Why havnt you just bought a 106 gti? Why havnt you just reshelled into a 205? Why havnt you just got a megane sport like everyone else?

Ive heard it all before dood. Yawn.

No safety supports or chassis pieces have been cut and a 205 is like driving a match box as regards safety!

Christ, you know how to make friends ey! No wonder everyone thinks you're a douchebag. It was a simple question with no animosity involved. 

I was going to create a constructive response but if you have not the decency to answer a simple question then so be it.

to help weight save; you could possibly try losing the arrogancy from your personality.

Best of luck.
I'm completely on Piggy's side with this, if you'd spent hours upon hours working away at a project that you love and are really enjoying, and people keep turning round saying you should have put it in this and that and you shouldn't have done this, of course you're gonna get pished and give blunt responses. He's doing it the way he wants to do it, it's his project after all.
(12-08-2015, 08:03 AM)KrisCampbell Wrote: [ -> ]I'm completely on Piggy's side with this,  if you'd spent hours upon hours working away at a project that you love and are really enjoying, and people keep turning round saying you should have put it in this and that and you shouldn't have done this, of course you're gonna get pished and give blunt responses. He's doing it the way he wants to do it, it's his project after all.

I'd never tell anyone want to do to their car. 
Asking for the purpose of a modification isn't anything new. 
I've done the modifications which people question, and I never respond with anger and rudeness.
Maybe you'd need to re-read your original post and think through how it comes across.

Fair enough I can see where you're coming from with it, and yes it probably would have been much lighter to use a stripped 205 or whatever other suggestions people have come up with, but the objective of the build is for a stripped out lightweight 306 under 1000kg, not any other car.
Tbh your original post came across pretty rude to me ginge

And its getting old.

Apologies for any offence caused.

But sod off with your silly ideas about a 205 Tongue
[Image: opinion.png]
[Image: no%20idea.jpg]
[Image: 4460134192_510149f9e0_o.jpg]
Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has them, nobody likes anybody elses.

We don't always have to shove our arseholes in everybody's faces... But that's just my opinion Wink
tbh, Ginge's post didn't come across as rude to me, mind you it did seem to get your back up a bit - thats just my opinion of course (which should be taken 'as fact' imo)
(12-08-2015, 12:07 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]tbh, Ginge's post didn't come across as rude to me, mind you it did seem to get your back up a bit - thats just my opinion of course (which should be taken 'as fact' imo)

LOL

I suppose that its hard to express attitude and tone of voice when it is just text that we all see and read, its taken how we read things so, naturally, we might rise to something that didn't call for a reaction. Lets just hope we can get along, we all love our projects and taste is personal.

Piggy is doing something he wants, the way he wants. Some people may not like that but they have their own car/taste/choice.

Here, on this forum we all have common ground. We are passionate about what we do and how we do it...even Dum-Dum in his own special way Wink

Let us make love, not war Makeup Heart Cool