306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well what was it?
I had a Ferrari f430 on the ring... He had a lot more to lose than me though! Smile
(02-10-2014, 05:21 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Well what was it?

Not 100% sure yet but a couple wires I was using for power and earth got me wondering...I had got them off two rolls I had found all dusty in back of a shed.
Turns out they are dog control fence circuit wire. IE the wire isnrun around the perimiter of a garden and current is passed through and emitted so the dog collar picks it up when dog is near and buzzes.

So the wire is designed to 'give off' a signal so to speak.

Sacked those off and things are looking a lot better.

(02-10-2014, 08:08 PM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]I had a Ferrari f430 on the ring... He had a lot more to lose than me though! Smile

I was all over him on the B roads Im pleased to say...but yeah he had a lot to lose. I just hope it was Clarkson and I pieved him off a bit.
Although he doesnt own a 430 so unlikely.

Tried chasing him in his Ford GT44 special once...in the old green turd. That was epic...and epic fail! Haha
I hope that's the fault of your silly problems with arduino !!!!!
lmao
(02-10-2014, 08:58 PM)akuma406 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope that's the fault of your silly problems with arduino !!!!!

After reading up about smoothing caps I still want to fit them into the system though
Well. Erm.

[attachment=19351]

[attachment=19353]

It wasnt that wire!!!

N75 is back feeding. So we are running a FET to control a FET to control the N75.

Baffling afternoon and the legend that is Ruan is still at it. We nearly there.....
Cant work round the fault at the minute.

So we leaving and coming back to it at a later date. Need a solution for the back feeding really.
That is a n75 solenoid a vnt, or a egr?
They have a white head the n75?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrAhl2CkqlAimNhk4duw3...jXbY3Boq3o]
[Image: 16kdhk61.jpg]
(02-10-2014, 08:26 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2014, 05:21 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Well what was it?
I had got them off two rolls I had found all dusty in back of a shed, turns out they are dog control fence circuit wire. IE the wire is run around the perimeter of a garden and current is passed through and emitted so the dog collar picks it up when dog is near and buzzes.

So the wire is designed to 'give off' a signal so to speak.

Sacked those off and things are looking a lot better.

Best description of an electrical problem ever.

Shame it didn't actually solve anything.
(05-10-2014, 09:55 AM)akuma406 Wrote: [ -> ]That is a n75 solenoid a vnt, or a egr?
They have a white head the n75?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrAhl2CkqlAimNhk4duw3...jXbY3Boq3o]
[Image: 16kdhk61.jpg]

Duno actually.

Black head iirc

Although I have a white head one and it seems to do the same
N18 and n75 are basically the same, slight bit different internally but they can be swapped around.
Thats what I thought!?
Not being funny mate but cable is cable. You shouldnt need shielded cable for a simple earth line so its not that. As i said, as a simple solution, try a noise isolator.
Yeah as said its not the cable.

Something is a miss with the solenoid, when its under load we get the feedback
Niall, remember that a solenoid is an inductive load, when the circuit is broken you'll get a massive spike of EMF from the coil, hence the need for the flyback diode - which theoretically should sink the kickback into the coil as the power is removed.

However - for some reason, possibly as we've now figured the diode MAY not be fast enough or there's not enough smoothing on the power to the other sensors - so next task is put a cap on and maybe a faster switching diode and see whether this is a help or does feck all.
I wasn't questioning anything to do with the solinoid. Was talking about when he thought he had cracked it with the dog fence wire lol.
try a bag of these filter caps on the sensor lines Wink
ignor the resistor thats for defult setting a lamda on a scooby Wink

1uF 35V Tantalum Bead Capacitor

A 5mm tantalum bead capacitor which is ideal for use where high reliability and small size is required at low cost. Suitable applications include coupling, decoupling, filter and timing circuits.

[attachment=19422]
Got some concerning coolant issues at the moment.

Hoping the huge amount of air, cold heaters and small coolant loss is the matrix.
But doesnt explain the temp gauge which is now stuck at 81/82degrees....even with ignition off!? Bizarre
Temp issues seem to have fixed themselves. This car does have its moments...I swear its female and has PMT!!!

In other news the arduino is SOOO close. We are now intereference free. And have control over the N75.
However...

http://youtu.be/6tIyd-RUqhQ

As you can see in the sweep test, a large part of the "sweep" is vanes held closed. So need to figure out how to change the range of the signal given and we should be looking better. Which I dont know how to do Undecided haha

Then its full service, stat change, oil cooler and tune up for the RR!! Smile
wahay its all working, what as the issue, she boosting yet?
(08-10-2014, 06:18 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]wahay its all working, what as the issue, she boosting yet?

It LOOKS like it is.

But she wont move the vanes under driving conditions. Not sure why.
If you rev it stationary, she will shut the vanes completely and then hold them shut until my bravery/EMPs stop the engine!!

So...duno. Lol

Got a bit of time tomorrow I hope to have a play. But I have obviously not got something right!

(be very appreciative of any ideas from you Tom Smile )

In other news....Ive got the arduino bug and am learning how to write own code. Got a 8 channel switching board and bluetooth unit on order and fiddling with using my Android device to operate my spare Arduino ninja
[attachment=19454]
that looks broken!
hmm not good, i hope you get it sorted soon tho
Good news partner finally eliminated the signal noise. . .
So what were the problems and how do I fix it?
Nope...
Thats me gutting a 2.5bar (1.5bar max boost) map sensor and fitting a MPX6400 thus making a 4bar (3bar max boost) map sensor Smile ThumbsUp

(09-10-2014, 08:48 PM)akuma406 Wrote: [ -> ]Good news partner finally eliminated the signal noise. . .
So what were the problems and how do I fix it?

Put the FET for the N75 as close to N75 as possible. Not on the shield. I need to tidy my loom up but mine is basically dangling in the engine bay by the N75 screwed to a heatsink.

Did some more to the fine tuning today. Got it sweeping bang on but struggling with map sensor readings...hence me ripping apart the renault MAP sensor and fitting the MPX6400 chip. Resin is curing. Tomorrow we begin again!
MPX6400 is working a treat.

Getting proper frustrated with arduino though today - had some time due to rain stopping my work.

Set back to standard settings and started again. Started making progress then it wouldnt make boost at all...along with a weird noise.

......pop the bonnet.....and the engine has blown. Knackered, dead.

only kidding lol
plastic manifold has died!!! Couldnt take it anymore! lol
so alloy one is being fitted in a little while after my chemical metal on the boost nipples sets.
new inlet on....have to whip it off again to take even more material off for M/C clearance and a proper shine up as I had only just started polishing. So it looks bit naff.

But thats cured the huge boost leak.

Ive given up for the day now as I cant go flat out in torrential rain, standing water, limited visibility and at same time trying to watch 3 gauges, an LCD screen and the laptop....just not happening!

Its getting close now. At motorway cruising speeds I have about 4/5psi EMPs and about 6/7psi of boost. So thats good.

Still get a spike of EMPs going on to full boost when i boot it...about 3bar. Not sure if that can be dialled down a bit. Open to advice on that sort of EMP figures.

And I hitting 1.5bar of boost then it hits 3k rpm and drops down to 1bar. But I just cant watch everything and adjust on the fly while driving. Hoping for a pity visit this week from Ruan or maybe Tom Wink love you guys Wink

then I can get it all serviced, oil cooler in, and maybe even whip out the matrix and get that swapped as thats putting air into the system.
So anyone wana put bets in for what this might make on the rollers??

Anything over standard power and im happy! lol