306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I havn't had abs on it...since...well...when I built it...2yrs ago
Hate abs!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Finished camera mounts...tried a few out this evening on a good run to Cirencester... Cant get oil up to thermostat opening temp though despite trying hard!

Also added rubber pad for less heel slip...esp as forecast looks like rain Undecided

[attachment=27847]

[attachment=27848]

[attachment=27849]

[attachment=27850]
sick so youll be able to film me as i drive past. cant wait!
(02-06-2016, 07:58 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]sick so youll be able to film me as i drive past. cant wait!

And the comment of the week award goes to.... Rofl Rofl Rofl

Genuinely struggling not to burst out laughing in the quiet zone on the train.
How many SJ's have you got? Three?
(02-06-2016, 08:18 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]How many SJ's have you got? Three?

I've got two. Third coming as one was bit crap sound...so they sending another.

However the plan is to have one internally all the time., plugged in, so wont die...

Then the second I'll move about during the session to get different angles

(02-06-2016, 07:58 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]sick so youll be able to film me as i drive past. cant wait!

And the award for most obvious comment of the week..... Nospeak
(26-05-2016, 05:45 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-05-2016, 08:42 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]Might want some mesh in front of the oil cooler?

Why? Undecided

Just to protect it from large stones. I know people put things in front of the rad etc. but they are still usually behind the mesh of the bumper.

It will probably be fine but just a suggestion for peace of mind. You could put mesh over the cooler rather than over the hole if you like the hole as it is.
My heart not into making it all shiny this year...but I gave it a bit of time today as its going to be on front row...
Threw some soap at the interior/door shuts and some metal polish in the engine bay. Will try n find time to wash n wax tomorrow...

Also did final tidying up jobs...think need new pads and to sort a mesh though...bugging me now
Mesh done. You'll love it...pvc coated garden mesh.

Also fitted new pads... Wasnt feeling happy about how low the current ones were for track use.

Wash it... Drive it to fcs.
Well, she did me proud me thinks.

Coolant and oil temps under control...I did however cook the brakes...the DS2500R pads/brembo discs. Like...smoking/onfire.

Also...the occasional knock thing is now BAD and rather constant when in light load 1200-1800rpm in any gear

...but felt very good on track, had lots of confidence in it Smile
She went well piggy bud
I tried as best I could...

Brakes hindered me, well, cooling to the brakes I guess due to those C5s

[attachment=27870]

As seen by rear tyre, I did get a move on as best I could:

[attachment=27869]

And in other news...cant find any play in any joints/mounts/hub/shafts/bearings...

I think the gearbox may have crapped itself. Undecided
A friend cooked his brakes whilst using c5 steeloys on track, not enough ventilation
You were utterly flying on track dude and you car was making an awesome noise down the main straight. Hold on for a video.
Your motor was consistently flying, looked like it felt when I was in it the other week, very useful with loads of grip :-)
thanks for the nice comments guys...she is going well for a gravel drive build!

Here is a video of the knock I am left with after fcs though...

https://youtu.be/qBqdRdEc9Ns
Sounds like a house brick in a washing machine

Does it get faster with speed or revs, could it be you have found the limit of the bottom end?
(07-06-2016, 09:08 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a house brick in a washing machine

Does it get faster with speed or revs, could it be you have found the limit of the bottom end?

Its not engine. Very much n/s/gearbox area.

No, is dissapears at other rpm, but in any gear, at that rpm, it makes that noise.

I just held it there for the purpose of showing the sound
Be a mount or the box itself then
Gotta be box rather than diff if its RPM related and not speed related? Does sound pretty awful though lol!
Just MAY have found the issue...

Blush 

[attachment=27944]

Rofl

So exhaust is smacking against manifold and the subframe.
...badly supported being the issue and a too small of a flexi hasnt helpd... Plus lots of heat no doubt from track time.
Lasted just over 20k miles.mind
just a thought. is it possible to add a duct from front aimed at brakes?
(07-06-2016, 06:34 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]just a thought. is it possible to add a duct from front aimed at brakes?

Yes and no.

There is space on nearside...but not offside due to an engine/coolant piping. Possible if could run it from above, like 
Headlight-top inner arch-down strut
holy crack...... thats huge.....

think this calls for more weldings Smile glad its nothing too serious for you fella.
(07-06-2016, 06:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2016, 06:34 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]just a thought. is it possible to add a duct from front aimed at brakes?

Yes and no.

There is space on nearside...but not offside due to an engine/coolant piping. Possible if could run it from above, like 
Headlight-top inner arch-down strut

a bit like an F1 duct, yes? how about a 'reverse profile' scoop from bonnet or wings?
Just a thought piggy, the Mk1 clio 1.8 16v (the early ones with 'turbine' wheels) used to have brake coolers that attached to the underside of the bottom arms and directed air at the bottom of the discs, the later ones with 'vegas' wheels (more open 5 spoke design) did not. Might be worth looking at seeing how effective they were? they were developed on the mk1 cup cars in the very early 90's after they had brake cooling issues on track i believe.
Hmmm yeah not a bad call, think theres a few like that. Need to get under and look ar clearance
206's with solid discs have those deflectors too.
(08-06-2016, 10:30 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]206's with solid discs have those deflectors too.

Yeah I think this is what I am thinking

Can get some with deflectors on back of caliper too