306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-12-2016, 10:44 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]I have 0 respect for anyone who doesnt get it at least tested. I want it to be safe. More than happy to have a pair of eyes over it to ensure it wont kill me or someone else

Good man, Smile its the same here, I would much rather the MOT station not do me any favors, and fail, then do me a favor and potentially hurt some one. Its not worth the risk.

If the cabby was to fail on anything, then it is something i have not seen, and therefore needs sorting. So i sort it, then she passes Smile
Potential new owner coming for a test drive next saturday...
So tidying things up asap lol
(10-12-2016, 06:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Potential new owner coming for a test drive next saturday...

Anyone on here?
(10-12-2016, 07:02 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2016, 06:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Potential new owner coming for a test drive next saturday...

Anyone on here?

Sort of... it may not happen yet so will keep things quiet. 

I'm quite excited about the idea though as it will mean it stays around... also making me feel positive about fixing up bunch of little things
So got a long list of things to tidy up... tackled a couple this weekend when I had a spare 5min here and there...

First, IAT gauge, been cable tied in for a year :lol
Now recessed into the main clocks and its own dedicated plug (with spare connections if needs be in future)

[attachment=29172]
[attachment=29173]

Also need to tidy the interior up, adding couple switches, couple supports for dash, no pics. 
Want to do something with doors but not sure yet, needs to be simple and lightweight. Got an idea but will see... 

However Did use some sticky automotive thin insulate on roof, with the weather you get a wet roof and it rains inside when driving lol

[attachment=29174]

Doors may get similar treatment too to help the insane road noise and dampness

Fitting AD08Rs back on tomorrow too... just simply better imho than the rsr 595s

Insulate added about 30grams for the roof...if you were wondering
Back to ad08r tyres... Look so good...

[attachment=29180]

Tinyest weeniest bit of stretch... note above the height of the stack due to wider wheels

[attachment=29181]
Fog killed the possible new owner having a play... 

But still spent a while doing few jobs.

Door straps to shut them without slicing fingers off or having to get out your seat.
New switches. (Fan. Arduino. Charging docks.)
Also a switch to dim all the gauges (blinding at night)

Interior light strip. On simple switch on roof. Weighs sod all, nice n bright. 

Piggy proper job bodge breather can.

Pics:

[attachment=29208]
[attachment=29209]
[attachment=29210]
[attachment=29211]
[attachment=29212]
Update:

Hit pheasant. Then another.

Sums up January so far
This thing just eats up the miles. Needs tidying up asap though. not washed it in months.

Friends are organising Santa Pod in may.... have a feeling my excessively torquey turbo diesel fwd motor is guna be shamed by mitchells 4wd r32.... but we'll have fun.

plus it will be the last time I take it on a track in my ownership....so a good farewell.
This did proud at Santa Pod. See the video for me bearing the faster R32 on the last run... Broke the downpipe though. So Tiggy' made a nice stainless one.

Starting to fix niggles and tidy it up for its sale. Wants an oil leak sorting Put an MOT on in next month too. Not much to do, just tidying and cleaning really. Fixed two gauges today.

Got 60mpg too on a blast to Taunton and back.
Got any pics of pod slips? be interesting to see what 0-60ft times this thing is capable of, especially with an open diff and this much torque Tongue
Yeah, on the Piggypower page. Instagram too.

0-60ft rubbish lol. Couldn't launch it lol
I thought this was sold on!
(08-10-2017, 09:16 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this was sold on!

Nope. Not really tried to sell yet. Want it to be right.
What happened with the possible new owner.

What is the status of this now then? still tractoring on?
(09-10-2017, 05:53 AM)Dave Wrote: [ -> ]What happened with the possible new owner.

What is the status of this now then? still tractoring on?

His circumstances changing.... Bought a repmobile and got a girlfriend. Fool  Rofl

It's technically for sale. I'm tidying some bits up I've always meant to do... Then full service and MOT and it will be plastered everywhere as officially for sale
Price for complete car?
(09-10-2017, 07:27 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]Price for complete car?

Messaged you

Tyres all swapped round, new valves, balanced up. 

[attachment=30961]

Fuel lines tidyed up, some wiring too needed tidying. Was just hose through bulkhead with a grommet, never liked it, had the brass fittings for years! Lol

[attachment=30962]

Also sorted some switches and guess who got a new label maker lol gauge switch turns them off....nicer for the eyeballs when cruising at night time

[attachment=30963]
Cant believe we are on 126 pages! Good work with the label maker!
Yup....I don't suppose I'll make it 130.
Gearbox blown 4th this morning.

Because I needed that right now
Fuxake man.
That sucks.
Lightweight door cards fitted.
New earth's.
Lemons gearbox fitted. (Stripped 4th)
Brakes all stripped and serviced.
Lower arms stripped and regreased.
Rear damper adjusters freed off.
Gear linkages readjusted.
New clocks (beacause fuel gauge has failed) and a clean and fluids check and its ready for MOT next week.
yaahh back up and running. I do truely miss my 2.1
MOT pass.
Happy days!
https://youtu.be/IUB84kTxW3M

this just continues to be ol faithful, always putting a smile on my face when I need it, working hard when i need it, starting when I need it, doing 55mpg when I need it,

Guna miss her.
This is likely to be written off before end of month. Builders bodge on the roof resulted in tiles hitting bullseye on it today. Roof/boot/wing/door/windscreen all damaged. Slight scuffs on bonnet too.

Rather brokenhearted
Oh bl***y hell mate you have some crap luck! Sad
Can't you get them to pay out at all towards the repairs? :/
Full roof skin, new wing,, bonnet rewrap and repair bonnet...new windscreen, repair door... Then full respray... Cost more than car is worth.