306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(15-08-2016, 10:35 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]not seen a price your aiming at yet?

See for sale thread...been up for a while Wink

(15-08-2016, 09:21 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Have fun with them, I have had nothing but issues with GAZ suspention components.

I keep on top of them tbh...removed and greased reg n adjusters used reg with bit of oil to keep them good.
They were rebuilt before I bought them too
What was the suspension knock in the end?
(16-08-2016, 03:59 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]What was the suspension knock in the end?

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...266&page=2

ThumbsUp Smile
(16-08-2016, 05:47 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2016, 10:35 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]not seen a price your aiming at yet?

See for sale thread...been up for a while Wink

(15-08-2016, 09:21 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Have fun with them, I have had nothing but issues with GAZ suspention components.

I keep on top of them tbh...removed and greased reg n adjusters used reg with bit of oil to keep them good.
They were rebuilt before I bought them too

I had my set rebuilt also, fitted them to my DT, which has done nothing but sit in my workshop, and not covered a single mile, and one is leaking again already....Personally havent drove on a set that feel that great either, but willing to be prooven wrong.
i nearly bought some gaz golds glad i didnt, throwing my money at bilstein now
Hmmm. I like the way they feel for my car...but with all the weight out...it could feel very different for someone else...
I also noticed after it sitting for a while a little misting on one rear damper...was a bit worried...cleaned it off...driven it...and since, never come back again. Odd that.
Looks the tits Piggy! Smile
Any joy with a buyer for it?
(05-10-2016, 06:08 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]Any joy with a buyer for it?

Not advertised it properly tbh.

Wana tidy up a couple areas first, rear beam strip ans service, rear brakes, wiring, paint boot/rear floor and tidy engine bay a little.

Then advertise properly ThumbsUp

(05-10-2016, 06:07 PM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks the tits Piggy! Smile

Thankyou...

Although as a comparison...I know what I prefer.

Note new rims and rubber. Pro race2 and federal 595 rsr

Also note skewiff bumper...close inspection sees that someone scuffed that corner in a carpark. Gits.
Hmmm. Think maybe the shorter 300lb springs are going coil bound. Bit firm for my liking too. Need to clean up the 275s I think.
But ruddy ek.... She goes so flipping well and never breaks a sweat doing it!! Guna miss.it
Ahhh I agree! Didn't know they were shorter, explains alot
how short are they?
(21-10-2016, 08:00 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]how short are they?

6" I think. 275 ones are 7" iirc cant remember exactly. 300lb ones are shorter for sure. By an inch.

(21-10-2016, 07:45 PM)Anton Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhh I agree! Didn't know they were shorter, explains alot

Agree with what?! Lol
crikey that is short, I think I'm on the same or higher rate but a much longer spring.
They bottom out
Yh. It only on a big bump but as you know if its happened to you, its horrible

What length you reccomend welshy?
geezzz ive got 9" on mine.
(25-10-2016, 04:24 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]geezzz ive got 9" on mine.

Hmmm.

I see my issue. Lol. 

May just clean up the 275s
I cant work out if your cleaning this up to sell or keep. Seems you gonna make a loss and theres no end to you piping money in

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I havnt spent anything on it other than fuel in months tbh.

My target is ready for official sale 1st of December. Not a great time of year...but thats my plan
Ok...so the old springs were 8". So the new 300lb ones are 7".
Still think they are going coilbound Undecided
still dont think youll sell it! Big Grin
(27-10-2016, 12:44 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]still dont think youll sell it! Big Grin

If I dont sell it... then project 16v and kev wont happen and will be sold.

Cant let that happen.
Can't quite get the damping right now. Rather bumpy journey on the M40 yesterday. Going to put 275lb springs in again and reset things.

In other news:

She sounds hellish in Westfield Carpark...oh my.

[attachment=28956]

Also, obviously was cold yesterday eve, but recorded my lowest intake temps. 3.5degrees cruising on motorway. 2.7 degrees at 30-50mph.

...and 595Rsr tyres don't like the cold/increase in engine performance due to cold. Lite them up rather easily on overtakes lol
Sounds like incredible fun dude Smile
(08-11-2016, 03:25 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like incredible fun dude Smile

I felt 17 again, blasting through an underground carpark for lolz...keeping one step ahead of the valet security
my exhaust now sounds horrific... amazing but horrific lol
I still keep quiet exhausts on all my builds. i feel like i should branch out at some point and maybe get something a little louder. its gonna be a shame when you get rid of this. yours and dum dums where the ones that got me into the 2.1 and a major contributing factor for me bening into 306s amoung other builds on here.