306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yeah PAS pump on top Smile

(22-01-2015, 05:09 PM)2.1dturbo Wrote: [ -> ]Brilliant work! Haven't been on here in ages, great figures! Had you any issues with derv knock when u wound the fuel up?

Also I have the 406 box/clutch has been taking my 300 ftlbs with no problem, just the hassle of hyd clutch and shorten the shaft

thanks fella.

Nah, once fiddled with, just normal clatter lol

yours still going strong then!?
Got seats yet ???

You going for 3 or 4 point harnesses and using a harness bars??
Nah sam. As with all things its still on a tight budget so nothing at a good price. And yet to sell my recliners buckets to help fund some FG ones.
3 or 4 point...whichever pop up cheap first lol
I got a red sparco 3 point I'd be open to offers on. VGC.
(23-12-2014, 10:01 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_inf...s_id=13655
Bugger me they have put their prices up, I bought a set for the lack HDi at £99.50 each +17.5% VAT. They are now £119.50 +20% VAT

They look an awful lot like Sparco Fighters??

http://ltbautosports.com/sparcofighter.html

What do you think ?
I've been looking for another sparco for 4 years on ebay with a watched search. One has never come up.
Great seat for those with a comfy rear.
(23-01-2015, 08:50 AM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]I got a red sparco 3 point I'd be open to offers on. VGC.

Pm me buddy Smile
More parts hoarding...will update soon!
It also started rather well even after two weeks of cold and no running!
March is the start of the striptease

Still no idea why its overboosting which is peeing me right off
More parts acquired. Annoyingly got scammed out of £50 on FB for some harnesses so will have to do with some tatty ones for now Sad

Hope this week to find my boost issue, although I am wondering if my vanes arent all that good for some reason as when doing a vane stop, they dont feel very good  Confused 
but as I have exhaust gas leak sooting up my engine bay I will have a good look on wednesday when I whip the snail off. Hoping something simple or repairable  Undecided

anyway, did a mega vane stop:

[attachment=21691]

also rubbed down some bits in readiness for their coat of "8yr paint" lol

[attachment=21692]

Almost got all the bits I need now for the March transformation! Getting a bit excited!

Also.......got me another GTB2056....and am in talks with a company over a nice billet GTX 11 blade comp wheel to suit Inlove
its a bastard when you lose money by been f*cked over!
Are you going the full stripped out and cage now?
Mind I have been thinking, this has been a procta, a build up, a reshell and now a change.
Can't believe how many people are copying Procta these days, where has all the imagination gone?
So the sun came out and I had half a day free. So got stuck in to whipping the turbo off.

Thought I would time myself... 6minutes and 21seconds! lol
gotta love gearbox mounted turbos!

Glad really as I removed/refitted/removed as it wasnt just the gasket. A weld had broken. So ground all the welds back and did them again and reinforced them.

Gave me chance to clean n paint the metal supports and vac can bracket. so they should look better for it.

Also found the vanes to be rather coked up and thus causing the sticky points in their movement. So simple fix. Also pleased to find no oil in hot side and still perfect amount of shaft play despite it having overboosting and choo'd a lot due to control issues.

So next step will be refit the painted parts and start testing the arduino system for why she isnt bringing the boost under control.

And now only one more bit to get I think for the march diet.
(17-02-2015, 08:33 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: [ -> ]Can't believe how many people are copying Procta these days, where has all the imagination gone?

Danny a procta is the way forward! Street Sleepers are hard core! Even you re doing a procta with the 205! Tongue
you cannot stay in your max power days for ever pal, those days died out in the 90s/00s Tongue
When did Danny buy an awful car, fail at rebuilding it, then bleat about it non-stop for the next four years? Must have missed that... Did i mention nobody cares?

Do you reckon the coaling issues could be part of the boost control problem?
(22-02-2015, 08:56 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]When did Danny buy an awful car, fail at rebuilding it, then bleat about it non-stop for the next four years? Must have missed that... Did i mention nobody cares?

RoflRoflRofl  

Repped.

That made my hangover instantly better.
Coaling issues?!
(22-02-2015, 08:56 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]When did Danny buy an awful car, fail at rebuilding it, then bleat about it non-stop for the next four years? Must have missed that... Did i mention nobody cares?

poodle just a second, I never said that danny bought an awful car, I might happen to like the 205s. 
Another thing, me and my dad never failed at rebuilding it, we succeed it with it. I called it a day with the shell, as it was going be more cost effect doing, dropping the full works into a better shell. Continue with a shell that the inner sill subframe mount on the verge of failing? 
Even though it wasn't a show winner, but I learned a f*cking lot in the process! It even took me from sunderland right down to sliverstone, with out a bother.  But it tell you what pal, you pull a car that's getting rare a part, right down to what I did, ( shell stripped bare, bar only the roof lignin and outer panels) Mod it like I have done, go through the hurdles of getting rare parts, filtering through loads of shite info on car forum, getting it running again, asking people who race these cars questions.
Haven't seen many people on here do that mind, seen a few good builds on the two forums, that pushed me on, with my own project.  Dum dum when he had his black HDi, Tuned the f*cking arse off that, darrenjlobbs 306 build, and also Piggys which I am following now.
Also for the record, I couldn't not give to shit, pal if no gives a f*ck, as its only the internet. But with comments like that, saying failing to rebuild a car, is a pop at me and my dad.

Sorry piggy for highjacking there.   

I have no idea whats happening here

None. Whatsoever.

Anyway. Booooosssst! Haha
(22-02-2015, 08:40 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]Also for the record, I couldn't not give to shit, pal if no gives a f*ck, as its only the internet. But with comments like that, saying failing to rebuild a car, is a pop at me and my dad.

Sorry piggy for highjacking there.   

Ok that was a bit harsh, sorry, troll hat was on and that was a comment intended to get a reaction, my bad. There was no disrespect meant to the work you and your put into that car, fair play to you for sticking with it and achieving what you wanted. I'm just a bit sick of hearing about it in everybody elses threads...
[Image: cats_fighting.jpg]
Got me steels wrapped in me michelins.

Geeky coolness moment, michelin tyres and michelin steel wheels! the 205 tyres sit lovely in the arches too

Just need a pair of bolt on hubcentrics ThumbsUp

Updates tomorrow too..
(23-02-2015, 10:41 AM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ][Image: cats_fighting.jpg]

Ey? When did I get involved in this !?! 

Awesome commitment with this Piggy, and some great YouTube videos. 
More videos please; mainly changing track rod ends on a '6 and also cleansing an engine bay! Thanks! Smile
Track rod ends....really!? C'mon, you can do them!

Engine bay...bbq or oil stain cleaner...jetwash!
Just look up any cars track rods ends. They are more or less all the same unless you choose something really obscure.
Michelin wheels
Michelins tyres

Opinions on the caps??

[attachment=21967]

My cousin suggested the lion needs to be black perhaps...I'm tending to agree.
yeah I like those piggy!
(28-02-2015, 07:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Track rod ends....really!? C'mon, you can do them!

Engine bay...bbq or oil stain cleaner...jetwash!

Ah, meant to put track rods. Fullstop. My bad!

And I daren't put water into an engine bay! There must be a better method ?
Coke.
the CocaCola type! Works well. Still need water to rinse whatever you put in!

Tbh matey, when I did mine on the XTDT and on this one, was just easier to drop the back of the subframe and slide the rack out! Sounds extreme, but serious! Either that or the special tool you can buy.

However there is usually a spanner edge to undo them or you need to wack with a chisel to get it undone. However I don't like to do it that way in fear of damaging the rack itself
I took the top of my finger off last year on valentines day doing an inner rack joint. Wasn't fun. Lesson learned and I now have a squashed finger with a big scar to show for it. The tools are fairly cheap to be honest. Invest in one.
We all like pictures...

[attachment=22015]
[attachment=22016]
[attachment=22017]
ooh weight saving, nice - when are you loosing the back doors?

they sound redic with a vnt and no backseat