306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how long till you flock your (gear)knob?
(01-04-2014, 09:46 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]how long till you flock your (gear)knob?

lmao
Hehe.

Would like to RR this...tdoc were doing a cheap one soon but I cant make it Undecided

PS new intake filter is flipping throaty!!
(01-04-2014, 09:46 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]how long till you flock your (gear)knob?

Your knob is real let down lol

Should be oe at the very least Smile
No body likes a furry knob lmao
More cushion for the pushin...
I like my gear selector. OEM+ Smile
(01-04-2014, 05:10 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]More cushion for the pushin...

...flocked knob

lmao
Looking good looks like the same grey as mine.
So....
In the pouring rain, or between showers at best, I set to work fitting me 10mm fuel lines this evening...

Result:

[attachment=15084]

Comprises of the 10mm fuel lines which slot straight onto the 10mm outlet on the fuel tank pickup, to a 12mm primer bulb as the 10mm was actually more internally restrictive than a 8mm one, then to a modded bosch fuel filter housing:

[attachment=15086]

Thus still heating fuel pre filter...then to the filter itself:

[attachment=15087]

Smile
Looks like a tidy job mate
Very nice Mr OCD lol

Tidy install
Good idea there to retain the heater element, presumably it looks like it'll flow ok through that? Can keep right on veg'ing along!

Same with primer bulb, I ended up ditching mine altogether
Yup...not quite perfectly sealed yet though...need to redo it tomorrow...got bored of getting wet.
It runs through two 10mm banjos and its just a lid with a gap effectively.

Got a nice eye wash of diesel though as the new primer really puts the system under strain, think thats why it keeps leaking in odd places
Cant wait to see if this cures the starving on veg issues
Curious as to why the PSA engines have the primer.
I've run a few diesels on veg now and even with running dry, just crank over till it primes.
Loosening the injector feeds helps of course. As said above, primer sounds more like a restriction than "help" ?

If there is a problem with starvation, why not have a pump serving up veg into essentially a swirl pot in the engine bay and feed off that ?
Then also easier to heat and retain heat into a small reservoir and of course wrapped up nice and warm.

What temps are you running the veg up at?
Any FHPE in there too, or just the stock heat exchanger?
Looped return ?
Cranking over a dry pump for that long will do damage.

Theres no pump in the tank, so need to draw it up somehow. The primer I have used won't cause any restriction and prevents backflow as its a one way valve.

Custom heat exchanger now.

And after spending 40mins trying to prime a modern diesel after doing a fuel filter change on a 2.0tdci, I think ALL diesels should have a primer, such a simple device that makes jobs so much easier
(08-04-2014, 09:34 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Cant wait to see if this cures the starving on veg issues

It does...
Tbh I havnt had veg starving issues with the 2.1...but the 2.1 standard filter housing is bigger and I have been mixing my veg differently and not yet done 100%...or ever will I hope
I don't understand.
(08-04-2014, 05:39 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand.

life?
First drive with 10mm lines...

Tiz good Smile
Liking the tidiness in the bay....well all round really.

Definitely one for the dyno.

Will be interesting what she will pull!
(08-04-2014, 06:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]

life?

What you've done to the fiel filter housing, what the external ones all about etc!
(09-04-2014, 09:40 AM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2014, 06:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]

life?

What you've done to the fiel filter housing, what the external ones all about etc!

So 10mm fuel line from tank, via primer, into the heat exchanger. Standard one is extremely restrictrive, so I have used a truck filter housing top, with two 10mm banjos, now the fuel is warm, it then goes to a truck filter, located by the PAS res. Then to the pump Smile
Nice work Smile
Finished off some interior bits after finding a niggly fault with the vdo audi gauge circuit board...so all lights up nice now...also found a panel I had forgotten I had flocked, so fitted that too:

[attachment=15644]
[attachment=15643]
[attachment=15645]

Please ignore dirt...will be sorted soon.

Gave a patch of leather the 'kiwi' treatment, came up a treat, so will do the rest after given the fabrics a good wet vac
Looks cool i like it Smile
Not sure about flocking the centre spokes of the steering wheel Undecided
(21-04-2014, 06:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about flocking the centre spokes of the steering wheel Undecided

Do it, what could go wrong...