306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do you not link to youtube but put actual video from youtube on this thread??

better?
Congrats on getting it running chap, satisfying feeling.
thanks.

Sorted the fans issue out today. I was very annoyed but at same time overjoyed how simple it was...

Ruan took one look at the engine bay after I told him the issue and said I needed a brown coolant sensor as I was missing one due to using the 2.1 front coolant housing....found one today in me box of bits and fitted it...

works a treat. So can remove temp switch tomorrow and have properly working fans Smile

need some ph2 dturbo dials...on the way hopefully...and that will solve my rev counter issues too according the Ruan.

ordered some LEDs and osrams today as current bulbs are diabolical.
Osran nightbreakers, put a set in every car i buy, best 12quid ever.
yeah had nightbreaker plus H4s in the ph1 for 3yrs.

but they dont fit a ph3...so they went into the mrs 106!

annoying though as you have to buy two sets for the ph3 twinoptics!!
(15-09-2013, 10:43 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]annoying though as you have to buy two sets for the ph3 twinoptics!!

Very annoying lol

The dials are perfectly fine as bought them off Cj , he said it all worked. The rev counter hasn't been tested because..the reason my dials don't work is the car and not the dials itself lol I have no need so they're yours Smile
(15-09-2013, 10:32 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Osran nightbreakers, put a set in every car i buy, best 12quid ever.

This, got some in the DT now, fantastic bulbs and make a huge difference.
Sounds beasty! Love the sound of a lazy engine Smile
two runs of 30-70.

Need some more practice, as it bogs a bit still.

but here you are:

PS I properly owned a sline a4 v6 tdi this afternoon....gave me shizzles all over. He was very much not expecting it. hehehehe lol

I make them around the 6.75seconds mark...let me know what you all think. nothing amazing but still on pretty much standard boost and low fuel!

thinking about it...with the hdi box I can understand now why its so slow off the mark at 30 compared to the 1.9 with a t2...which was amazing 30-40 but sucked 55-70!
Seems plenty fast too me!

HDI box is a bit of a pain for 30-70, 1.9xud box kicks more ass in that department.

I think mines a little faster 30-70 with a gear change.
(16-09-2013, 07:17 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]Seems plenty fast too me!

HDI box is a bit of a pain for 30-70, 1.9xud box kicks more ass in that department.

I think mines a little faster 30-70 with a gear change.

thanks. Smile
Theres a lot more in her. Feels really sluggish till 40mph. I rekon 2nd gear at 30mph into 3rd would be miles quicker!

Still not used to HDi box, esp without a rev counter, I keep trying to cruise at 30 in 4th up hills etc...and it dont like it so much!!! lol

PS changed videos to youtube, for all those that moan!
Thought you was bedding it in? 30-70 Times don't seem like your hanging around lol
It's quicker than the sedan ever was
Well thats all good to hear.
I thought it was a bit slow.

bedding in....well Im not flooring it in any low gears and those two runs are the first real hard 3rd gear pulls I done. Im not labouring the engine ever too and trying to ensure Im not coaling!
What are your spool times like on the 2.1, and what boost are you running?

Now i've fixed a load of boost leaks i'm hitting 20psi by 2krpm and 24psi soon after. Found a hose that was half hanging off the other day and it still made 10psi lmao
running about 15psi of boost. upped it last night to 18psi. but not going any further until I got some working gauges...and rewired my fans.
Dont know about spool times as Im new to the hdi box and have no rev counter.
is that hitting 20psi at 2krpm in 3rd, foot flat to the floor or feeding in the power?
Feeding in the power, still manage to get it to bog, although the 10mm is nowhere near as bad as some say the 11mm is.

It's crazy how much they flow, like I said I had a pipe disconnected as in it was just pointing at the next piece of pipe, wasn't actually attached, and the gauge still hit 10psi. I had a moment where i was going "hmm this is awfully down on power", looked at the gauge, stopped to check for leaks and saw a pipe that had completely blown off. Oops.
lmao
I need some mikalors but all seems to be holding 18psi at the mo
Yeah I bought a load of Mikalors but got the wrong size for the 2" bit that comes off the turbo and up to the master cylinder. Raging, the rest are all spot on.
ruddy expensive though. so will have to wait for next upgrade ninja
lots of boring pics of before and afters with bulb changes...(rude not to!)

so before and after with n/plate bulbs:

[Image: 20130918_194903_zps0db5d827.jpg]
[Image: 20130918_195331_zps2f1da5eb.jpg]

before and after front side lights:

[Image: 20130917_141512_zpscedd6672.jpg]
[Image: 20130917_141818_zps63ed52a0.jpg]

and at night (just sidelights):

[Image: 20130918_195351_zpsac1f5171.jpg]

also heres a pic of me brake light 306 sticker

[Image: 20130918_192912_zps681d9ce8.jpg]

also got some night breakers in the dip beam...had a before and after, but go find the nightbreaker thread to see those!! Tongue

debadged the rear too....just got to decide if I put ona GTd badge, where to put it and also need to get rid of 'meridian' on the sides.
Popped on me front pressed plate too.

I went out to attack my boot lock issue...but surprise surprise it works fine now...french electrics. So will get loom open at some point and have a look.
...yawn ....

Where's the 0-60 vids Tongue
(18-09-2013, 08:37 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: [ -> ]...yawn ....

Where's the 0-60 vids Tongue

I know, tiz a bit boring...but until I get my dials and rev counter working and a egt gauge, I dont fancy any more tuning and thus no 0-60 yet.

I tried one hard pull in 2nd gear today....have to hold on hard as it torque steers quite well!!!! Confused
...Just yanking your chain Doris Tongue
Does it spin spec 2's up in damp? Tongue

Come dyno day october shud be bed in by then lets see what this 2.1 is all about Smile and il show u corners on rails ha
(18-09-2013, 09:09 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: [ -> ]Does it spin spec 2's up in damp? Tongue

Come dyno day october shud be bed in by then lets see what this 2.1 is all about Smile and il show u corners on rails ha

difficult to know...want to buy me some and I can report back?

a renault...yawn.

Cant make it pal, Im down in somerset the day you are all blowing engines on a dyno!
Looked good at Combe matey, nice to meet you finally. Have you had the geometry done since the rebuild? Probably find getting that sorted will fix the torque steer. Smile
its pretty parallel to be honest...and theres even some camber on the fronts, but I believe dumdums suffered with some low end torque steer too...just something I need to get used to I guess!
U seen dumdums arms get to the gtm!! Haha

Shame wuda bin good to see this in flesh make sure u get a dyno soon

A cars power isnt much without a printout bud

Leds are so much better cant believe my megane came with shit bulbs just changed over makes the car imo
In my experience of 'dyno printout proof'....all it does is cause arguments over the dyno/operator/calibration/heat soak/load etc.

but I would like to have it on a dyno soon...more for setup than a bhp figure