306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, HG is fried.

Hot heaters but she is running at 90degrees all the time! Oil temp is too.

So need a reinz HG and some arps asap.

Bad timing as mrs car is without a wheel due to collapsed wheel bearing Sad

Also got tugged by the cops on way to alton towers today.

Bad couple days Sad Sad
How come they pulled you dude??
(22-10-2014, 08:14 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]How come they pulled you dude??

Duno. Kinda rountine I guess.

They were digging for something.

Did all the usual checks including asking for ID from the male passenger I had. Oh, and royally offended us all!! But other than that, seemed to annoy the coppers more as they couldnt find anything wrong!! haha
Sounds sh't.

I don't get why they'd pull you for absolutely no reason?
(22-10-2014, 08:58 PM)silverzx Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds sh't.

Sometimes they just do. Random stop and searches that apparently the police only do on black people!
He was proper full of himself...think he thought he had a gooden!! His face dropped over the course of time
Been pulled over twice in a week in mine, I guess a young lad with a tatty 306 with 13inch steelies is a bad combo haha? Routine checks apparently...

On another note, this car is fookin awesome
Piggy, then you have to change the head gasket?
I overtemperature or need APR bolts?
Between 3500 and 4500 rpm, you have some small explosions in the exhaust, sounds exploding fuel collectors, known as the dynamic advancement does not fail?
I received a private message from me?
Hare & Tortoise piggy Wink

Sorry to hear about it, I'm sure you'll be back boosting in no time though Smile
I'll get to your PMs soon akuma. I got a lot on my plate matey.
Jajajajajajaj ok
(22-10-2014, 09:00 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]

Sometimes they just do. Random stop and searches that apparently the police only do on black people!

lol And modified cars tbh! Especially with a shifty looking driver... lol

On topic though, 90c sounds fine for coolant temp!? Confused
Running at 90-92 constant isnt right.
Should be around 80, stat opens at 83.

And considering she has always run around 78degrees, running at 90 at a steady speed isnt good.
Heaters are quite sporadic too.
Is it putting pressure into the coolant? As in, bring it on boost, pull over, top rad hose ROCK hard / if you removed the rad cap (super carefully with a rag) does it shoot everywhere?
Yeah blasts everywhere out the cap even an hour after stopping.
Plus its drinking coolant a bit too now Undecided

Oh yeah, pressurising too

ARPs ordered. Ouch that hurt the bank. Hey ho. Had to be done.
Ordering HG now and another cam seal as thats been the cause of my main oil leak!! Weirdly I am more excited about fixing that irritating oil leak!! Confused

So hopefully my back wont give out again this weekend and i can spend couple hours bent over me engine bay ripping the head off.
Remember to add a photo to see how this head!
ok, do me best!

I have had to go for a Elring HG in the end, even the ones listing or showing stock for Reinz, when you got to buy it or ring them they say its not in stock! ARPs orderd off Tom too, thanks pal. And a FAI cam seal to stop the oil leak!

So 250bhp is gotta be my target me thinks.
It was making 206 at the wheels...and I have a sneaky suspicion that I have more than 5% losses through transmission, so I suspect it is making a bit more than 218, plus as seen on the graph and video, it does die after 3k rpm, where as on the road, she keeps pulling!

So with ARPS, new HG, I think we will up the boost to its ideal zone, 1.8bar ish, and I rekon maybe I will sort some water injection too, and I think 250 is within reach! Smile
(23-10-2014, 08:18 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-10-2014, 09:00 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]

lol And modified cars tbh! Especially with a shifty looking driver... lol

On topic though, 90c sounds fine for coolant temp!? Confused

Am I the only person on 306oc who has never, ever been pulled over by the police in the UK? Everyone at the mids meet was going on about the million times they'Ve been pulled over in the last month.

Got 99 problems and the rozzers ain't one.

Sucks about the HG piggy, but hopefully there will be an eventual end to chasing the issues around the car, you'd think/hope that eventually you'd have everything totally sorted for peace of mind. HGs can and do go and at least if you've done virtually everything on the engine it will be reliable for many years to come hopefullly.
(23-10-2014, 04:40 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only person on 306oc who has never, ever been pulled over by the police in the UK? Everyone at the mids meet was going on about the million times they'Ve been pulled over in the last month.

Got 99 problems and the rozzers ain't one.

Lol, no I haven't been so far in over 5 years driving now, don't want to be either though! Confused
First time for me for 9yrs tbf!

Just when I was thinking nothing else could go, the mrs used the car to get to work as i still havnt heard from garage who are pressing the bearing in for me, and got back all ok, smelt of oil though....turbo oil return had split!! What a mess underneath! Angry grrrr
You should be used to cleaning up oil now tbf... lol

Which wheel bearing was it? If its a drum bearing with the daft inaccessible circlip they might've been trying all day to get that bugger out lol. I learnt a good tip from the ex Peugeot tech, Bash....just break the clip with a hammer and punch. lol
I can do the rears meself...front one!
Ah ok, should be easy enough then!
Well she is back to behaving herself!! Take it steady and she is warm and normal!! Haha
If you were local id press it in for you man. The hammer and the punch trick never fails Wink

Im glad this is back to.behaving itself for you. Loooking forward to next years show season to see this one.
The inner race is still on the hub so that needs a press and I would usually just smack the old bearing out but i couldnt even do that!!
When the inner race get stuck on the hub use a grinder cut most the way through put it in the vice. Cold chisel and hammer will fracture down the cut and pull of freely. Easy as pie.
Rather just a press. Doesnt damage the stub then. Anyway, got someone to do it for me! Haha
try and find out why its gone, seen a few cars on other forums just fix the engine but don't check why it went in the 1st place.
Massive boost/emps and cylinder pressures perhaps!? lol

351ft lbs of torque probably did it!! Once the head lifts its game over really. Be interesting to see how she looks though. Good chance to clean it up a bit