306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ahhh thats a shitter about the turbo Sad
hows the turbo mounted? is it slightly tilted back ? on the hot side?
Turbo has made rough love to itself.

Shaft play and oil in compressor and turbine.

Big fail
(09-09-2014, 07:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Sad

TBF I have had alot of practice of lashing stuff together so am kinda an expert in doing it to a level where it works, like a hugely over engineered lash up.

I've seen the plenty of experience, where's the bit where it works? :p

Shitter about the turbo Piggy, any ideas what's caused it?
No idea.
Which is worying.

Can anyone confirm for my worries that this restrictor.is ok?...

Fuzzy pic:

[attachment=18911]
(11-09-2014, 07:22 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]No idea.
Which is worying.

Can anyone confirm for my worries that this restrictor.is ok?...

Fuzzy pic:

Is it a ball bearing turbo think I can rember somet about the later garret turbos needing a 1 mm restrictor or somet like that the garret website has some pretty usful stuff on it
No journal on the 2056. The 2260 has ball bearing.

You can see in that pic a restrictor in the oil way?!
if thats the garrett restrictor and the same as the new turbo it should be fine? only other thing is see what oil pressure the car the turbo came from is and see if yours is pushing to much pressure? i may be talking crap tho lol
From the gauges, I defo dont have too much pressure
(11-09-2014, 07:59 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]From the gauges, I defo dont have too much pressure

Yep I see it in the pic did your old turbo have one if not do you have enought oil pressure to get through the restrictor just a thort or try bodging up a guage on the turbo feed to see what pressure you have at it just trying to think of possible causes
Same on both turbos.

Only thing I can think of is compresser stall a couple of times when out on first run and setting up
(11-09-2014, 08:13 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Same on both turbos.

Only thing I can think of is compresser stall a couple of times when out on first run and setting up

Bit odd cus mine compressor stalls lots if you let it and so does mr fish 206 and they both running fine but when I got my first 2256v it was fine had engine running out the car just to check and it started pissing out oil think it's luck of the draw with secon hand turbos bit of a bugger hope your new one last longer
Yeah me too.
I may rebuild the spare or flog it for spares/repair and save up for a new/very low mileage unit
Piggy cant you just get a new chra? Theres ones on ebay for my alfa which has just eaten itself for about 150 brand new.. im pretty sure it's a 22** on that so should be able to get 1..
Cant find any for less than 200 for the GTB.
Surely thats better than spending 100 or so on a turbo every few months?
(11-09-2014, 10:36 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]Piggy cant you just get a new chra? Theres ones on ebay for my alfa which has just eaten itself for about 150 brand new.. im pretty sure it's a 22** on that so should be able to get 1..

That's not a genuine item...

Garrett DO NOT supply any parts for Variable Nozzle turbochargers due to their inherent complexity and how they are set up... If they did I can quite assure you that a GTBxxyyVLK chra will NOT be £150 lol! Maybe stick another 0 on the end of that and you'll get close...

These are NOT cheapy units.
Exactly.

I have emailed garrett direct regarding new bearings and seals...yet to get a reply
Do these turbos have a rep for being strong?
what a f*cking nightmare! are you going to put a upgraded one on? bare this in mind I am not clued up on turbos.
(11-09-2014, 01:11 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly.

I have emailed garrett direct regarding new bearings and seals...yet to get a reply

They'll more than likely tell you to feck off lol...

I must admit, I didn't realise quite how expensive decent turbo parts are new! Makes the ~£300 I paid for a recon GT1749v seem cheap now, obviously not gen parts used in that though lol. That was a blown exhaust oil seal as well. Dodgy
(11-09-2014, 03:04 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]what a f*cking nightmare! are you going to put a upgraded one on? bare this in mind I am not clued up on turbos.

No need man. 1bar of boost by 1500rpm is plenty. Plus it will flow to 250bhp if I wanted it.

Its perfect for all my wants and needs. I'll just find a mint low mileage unit at some point.

Anyway....

New(ish) CHRA is on. I swapped housings as the new ones were nasty cruddy.

All plumbed in with more brackets, improved welds and a better actuator bracket aswell. Not quite finished as I ran out of welding wire...sums up my week!!

Fire it up tomorrow and hunt down the arduino fault once and for all.
glad its getting there.
I think this may be the end.

New turbo is buggered.

Think bottom end is knocking too.
(12-09-2014, 03:51 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]I think this may be the end.

New turbo is buggered.

Think bottom end is knocking too.

Maybe oil starvation?

Duno.
Not sure.
Not sure I care.
Just totting up what its worth in parts.
Private video is private.
Sorry....

Any better?
Doesnt sound right, doesnt sound terminal IMO though?
Sounds pretty termimal in person
Its f*cked.

Just plug PP2K in to see whats up...oh wait... Tongue

Seriously though, it doesn't seem that bad on the video, just looks like its missing, not really good enough for an online diagnosis. Confused