306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Doesnt sound bottom endy to me.. oil pressure etc ok?
I assume it is.

Oil pressure has always been low on the gauge but consistent on the gauge. I just the gauge reads low.

Dont forget this did dump its oil twice. Once at 70(ish!) in the 3rd lane of the motorway....which the mrs dealt with by ramming it in 3rd gear.

I got a mint GTB on its way to me.

So I got 3 options.

Break this, buy a tidy hdi and GTB the hdi.
Find a 2.1 engine and swap.
Find a XUD9 engine and forged rods/arps it

4th option I suppose is bolt the GTB on this and wait till a rod makes its way lose
Buy a tidy hdi, make some decent power....
4th for now
4th option I'd say, doesn't sound like engine on pics, there's no air got in fuel why it's been sat as there?
Honestly piggy, I genuinely think you worry too much. Sounds a bit knocky to me, but so what? Its still going. Just get after it!! It'll be 'reet as we say up north!!

JP
We'll see.
I think I will go for 4th option for now.
Then perhaps keep an eye out for a tidy hdi.

I like what you been doing with hdi's recently. I rekon a GTB2056vlkr hdi be a weapon.
I reckon its fueling not engine, have a fiddle with the pump or swap for a known good one.
A known good one is fitted thanks very much!
is there any other option for an xud owner but number 4?
Buy my HDi, use your moonstone parts to replace the damaged ones. Whack a massive turbo on it and be sorted. Wink

Well, for a month until that breaks as well. lol
if it was a reasonable price I would tom Tongue
Price is open to offers, as it says lol... Tongue
And I'll map it for beer money and we are all laughing Smile
[attachment=18948]

Seems a shame to give up on this. I cleaned it today.
I love this car. One of my favourites on here amongst others be a shame to get rid or break. Drop another engine in maybe or find a donor hdi and put it in this one
Doesn't sound big end like to me.
I know it's not the same at all due to mine being on the correct fuel but here's a vid of mine when it shat a big end bearing just to give you an idea of the noise.

http://youtu.be/ZHVi1_pwvvw
Whatever happened to "I hate all hdi engines, but idi is far better, veg, tuning with a spanner" etc etc :p
Haha. Next thing hdi will be amazing and everything else is shit. Smile
Who said anything about running a hdi as a hdi?!
How do you allow that splitter to stay on there? Would bug the hell out of me, it doesn't fit and is badly faded! Confused

Though the rest of it looks good for Moonstone I must admit!

Common rail is the way forward, progress happens for a reason. Tongue
(12-09-2014, 08:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]How do you allow that splitter to stay on there? Would bug the hell out of me, it doesn't fit and is badly faded! Confused

Though the rest of it looks good for Moonstone I must admit!

Common rail is the way forward, progress happens for a reason. Tongue

Why not call his mum a fat slag whilst you're there Tom?

Also, progress isn't always good.....But on this occasion id agree with you lol
Where's his Mum on the picture? Confused

That splitter just looks so out of place compared to the attention to detail on the rest of the car though, maybe it came across more harsh than intended. Tongue
It would be mtdi if I went for hdi lump.

Thanks for video niall Smile

Hoping Ruan will pop by tomorrow to have a listen.

(12-09-2014, 08:20 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Where's his Mum on the picture? Confused

That splitter just looks so out of place compared to the attention to detail on the rest of the car though, maybe it came across more harsh than intended. Tongue

Buy me a mint one then!!!!

It gets mullered on the roads round here.

My new adjustable dampers and coilovers should stop that happening though...then Im guna find a tidy gti one
Piggy its not bottom end, stop being such a f*cking tart and fix your fueling

Also stop being a fanny and talking about getting rid cos you know youll love it better than a 3-some when its working.
(12-09-2014, 08:21 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]...then Im guna find a tidy gti one

Good, I approve of that! Big Grin

Conveniently, there's one attached to my bumper... Itwasntme
Then remove it tom and let it be on a decent moonstone Tongue
Removed the screaming banshee turbo this morning.

Not very happy with what I found...

[attachment=18957]
[attachment=18958]
[attachment=18959]

Now Im really worried about the oil pressure.

I really dont wana fit my latest mint GTB and it blow the oil seal on that.

Coincidence or something else is wrong?

Confused Undecided
Test the oil pressure then before you stick it on. Use the turbo oil feed pipe as its already off and stick a gauge on it. If you were closer you could borrow my set but im sure if you dont have one someone will lend you it. If you wabt checking figures ive got autodata as well.
Done lots of research and a journal bearing shouldnt need a restrictor like a ball bearing turbo would.

But I have ordered a different fitment with a 1mm restrictor in it. Can only assume its that.