306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-07-2016, 06:33 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you adjusted the piston by turning it witha screw driver? Not  telling you tosuck eggs btw

Yeah.
It bites with small amount of footbrake with bias turned to the max.
Is there tits on the rear pads? Cant remember now.. If there is they need to be lined up properly

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
(04-07-2016, 10:33 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]Is there tits on the rear pads? Cant remember now.. If there is they need to be lined up properly

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Yes there is...good memory.

And yes they are ThumbsUp
Spoke to GAZ...

£13 later and they are sending FOUR damper bushes for the rear dampers first class post.

#win
Couldnt of got a better outcome!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Bushes arrived today...
So got on with that as it was first decent summers eve for car stuff this year

[attachment=28158]

Tried again on the o/s caliper.

Its working lovely...tried readjusting...footbrake it bits immediately.
Handbrake just does almost nothing despite it all operating as it should! So weird.

Also adjusted exhaust a bit...had melted into fuel tank lmao

Exhaust heatshield and cosmetics and i'm good for Pugfest.

Got new brakes bedded in too...well...they were smoking anyway
How can it be working properly if you don't have a handbrake?

Would suggest the internal mechanism is misbehaving or the cable not set correctly, but no detail to work with.
Can see clearly the cable operating perfectly.

With the dust boot off, can see it operating.

But it just doesnt apply enough pressure. You can feel a change right at the end of stroke.

Its as though the "cam" profile is too shallow!?
favourite is the lever shaft to seize enough so the spring don't return the lever fully not letting the self adjuster work
(07-07-2016, 08:51 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]favourite is the lever shaft to seize enough so the spring don't return the lever fully not letting the self adjuster work

Wish I understood that.

If i did...I would probably agree as i'm think something eternal not adjusting as it truly only begins to do something on the last few degrees of arm movement
Cully hit the nail for me, self adjuster not adjusted. Smile
Way to fix or enforce adjustment?
free off handbrake arm and stomp the pedal.
(08-07-2016, 06:21 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]free off handbrake arm and stomp the pedal.

Yeah tried that as first port of call when I first found the issue.

Been there. Got the tshirt. As they say lol
How recent are your handbrake cables? My OSR handbrake was barely working failed MOT, all looked OK in terms of operation but the cable had stretched so wasn't pulling evenly with the NSR (you could see the cable adjuster was lopsided). New OS cable fixed it and I was back up to 60% efficiency!
I will have a full working system that will be coming off my 306, including callipers, wavy discs, pads, cables and the handbrake itself. could be available. holds the car fine on a tilt bed trailer. so id say its pretty good.
Cable is fine....hence how I can say its operating the lever fine
Ah OK. Mine looked fine too and I could see it moving the lever - just not far enough compared to the other side.
Nah it goes 100%
Did you pump out the pedal before reconnecting the cable last time you wound the piston back?

Tbh if all these suggestions are no good then the handbrake adjuster mech is worn to the point the caliper needs replacing, which i've not seen before - they never normally survive that long lol.
Yeah I did pal Undecided

Just have to fire on another caliper I guess
PUGFEST 2016...
Only tools used were bar to check wheel bolts, tyre gauge and a screwdriver to swap plates.
Thats a win in my book.

Managed 8 runs in total...not bad going as I only prebooked 4, paid a tenner for 2 extra and had a frenchy buy me 2!

Win.

Returned well...

Need to find this crunching knock...so plan is to refresh the entire suspension and replace both driveshafts with new.

....then its time to move on I think.
Thank you kindly to ZX_Volcane for only two decent pics of my car I can find...

[attachment=28190]
[attachment=28191]
https://youtu.be/AMG4GDBZruE

https://youtu.be/9fviYqXxvUY

In other news...
Started today after being sat since Pugfest..."on the button"...very nice...

The crunchyclonkyclunk though is loud and violent...this weirdly makes me happy as it hopefully now means its more obvious to find!
https://youtu.be/tj_TqH1NtLw

Sorry its a video again and not pictures of the hill runs
Look like some decent runs. Made gor a good watch. Guttered i couldnt go Sad

some fast runs there by the looks of things
(29-07-2016, 08:00 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]some fast runs there by the looks of things

Really should have handed the keys to Jonny for a run or two...

That first bend I rekon can be taken flat by someone with skill and the last bend I'm such a chicken

(29-07-2016, 07:47 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]Look like some decent runs. Made gor a good watch. Guttered i couldnt go Sad

Ywwaah it was a blast ...best fun I've had in a long time...so addictive
Just so far from home for me. Would be scared of binning it or breaking down

So ...making a list to finish off the jobs I should have already...
IE fix the horn
Redo manifold
Rebuild coilies and resr beam
Tidy wiring
Replace cheap fuel lines
Paint rear floor
New bumper fixings
Tidy pipework up
Finish arduino screen and switches.

Then I feel she is ready for a new owner