306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it 10mm plate though or is it like 9.7mm? It doesn't look like 10mm to me Smile

Can you not post pics of doing the hole saw as I need to make 2 plates for my car and I'm not impressed.
lmao

Felt like 100mm!!!

Not impressed with what!!??
Meh I'd throw it on, you'll have enough teething problems to contend with, never mind all the rest
Oh thanks!!!!

Still gotta sort the clutch too. Trying to cource a non paddle uprated clutch to keep driveability
you can daily drive with a paddle tbf, get a sprung one, job done
Hmmmmmmmmm
Get a paddle you pansy. Unsprung paddle is fine
You maybe happy with 5mm ground clearance, kitchen utensils as filters, no PAS and a clutch to replace the gym....

But im not Tongue
(23-06-2014, 07:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]You maybe happy with 5mm ground clearance, kitchen utensils as filters, no PAS and a clutch to replace the gym....

But im not Tongue

:Lmao:

I'd get a sprung paddle clutch tho the one that was in 205 felt just like an oem one tbh.
(23-06-2014, 07:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]You maybe happy with 5mm ground clearance, kitchen utensils as filters, no PAS and a clutch to replace the gym....

But im not Tongue

Pmsl James
Nothing wrong with an unsprung paddle clutch :p just give yourself a little bit more room between the car in front at the the traffic lights haha
(23-06-2014, 07:10 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]you can daily drive with a paddle tbf, get a sprung one, job done

What he said. Man up :p
Yeah but I need to often drive other people round, the mrs will drive it and for work I tow a heavy trailer too....on/off clutch wont be so great then!

Looking into a sprung CG clutch from danny.

As CG say that their £150 option is for +40% bhp/torque....which I am already well over and the valeo is holding!!!
Still yet to see anything i'm impressed by from CG, seen a lot to worry me though... A high-spec normal-style clutch would be best for your purpose, but then you're on a budget. Uprated pressure plate perhaps?
Budget is a little dependant on what I am offered...

Anyone got some reccomendations??
(24-06-2014, 08:20 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Still yet to see anything i'm impressed by from CG, seen a lot to worry me though... A high-spec normal-style clutch would be best for your purpose, but then you're on a budget. Uprated pressure plate perhaps?

What have you seen poodle? Interested to know.

My CG sprung paddle has held up pretty well considering- think they only rated it to 180bhp 280/300 ft\lbs or thereabouts - and its been holding a fair amount more. Told me on the phone the sprung and unsprung were rated for the same torque, so no brainer for me to get the sprung one.

Doesn't look in too bad nick either after a few thousand miles abuse - having just given it a quick inspection when I dropped the engine.

When I had the whole bottom end dynamically balanced, the guy did say the clutch was way off, have a large assortment of washers on the bolts that hold the cover on to compensate for this.

Was good value at the time, but by the sounds of it their prices have gone up considerably.

Anyone else to recommend for a decent paddle clutch?

Piggy have you ever driven with a paddle clutch? I've done no end of start stop traffic with it and its fine, also the other half drives it without batting an eyelid.
Cool...ta ZX...

I am inclined to dannys CG...Im negotiating
(24-06-2014, 08:20 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Still yet to see anything i'm impressed by from CG, seen a lot to worry me though... A high-spec normal-style clutch would be best for your purpose, but then you're on a budget. Uprated pressure plate perhaps?
TBF I was very impressed by their unsprung 4 paddle clutch that went in the HDi cab but then it was only the plate and it was so simple there was nothing they could f*ck up.

The problem with sprung clutches for a 306 is that if they are properly progressively sprung some of the springs are only rated to 280lb/ft and so if you run more than that you can snap the springs.

If you want fit and forget man up and shell out on a helix clutch, yes the uprated covers are heavier than standard ones but thats how they make the greater clamping pressure is from heavier springs (fingers) in the cover. They are nowhere near as heavy as the one I had in my first HDi.
(24-06-2014, 09:20 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]If you want fit and forget man up and shell out on a helix clutch, yes the uprated covers are heavier than standard ones but thats how they make the greater clamping pressure is from heavier springs (fingers) in the cover. They are nowhere near as heavy as the one I had in my first HDi.

Hydraulic clutch conversion. Solves that, cheap and nice and easy!
Sorry but how will a clutch operated by hydraulics be better?

The actual clutch has to be uprated not how it's actioned I thought
(24-06-2014, 09:23 PM)Kwik Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but how will a clutch operated by hydraulics be better?

I think Niall means fit an uprated clutch and then overcome the stiffness / heavyness by doing the hydraulic clutch conversion
Or MTFU!

Its cheaper and simpler than hydraulics and there's less to go wrong.
(24-06-2014, 09:23 PM)Kwik Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but how will a clutch operated by hydraulics be better?

Depending on what sort of ratio you work out with your MC and SC, You can have it as heavy or light as you like at the sacrifice of clutch travel.

Thats how modern diesels have such light clutches but with higher and higher torque figures. Hydraulic clutch FTW!

(24-06-2014, 09:42 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Or MTFU!

Its cheaper and simpler than hydraulics and there's less to go wrong.

Can MTFU but if your a tart, it can be done for £30 Smile
Ive put excedy paddle clutchs in rwd cars and they seem to do well, not sure if they do them for our engines though.
(23-06-2014, 06:57 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]Meh I'd throw it on, you'll have enough teething problems to contend with, never mind all the rest

This - tis what I did.
Got this turbo on yet? I'm waiting or the epic clutch slip and you manning up and buying this paddle clutch Wink

Don't know why everyone says there on or off

Yes there a little keener but I can still move the car about using clutch control and no throttle it's just all the fairies with jap scrap that can't drive no offence to silverzx and his Datsun Wink
(25-06-2014, 09:26 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Got this turbo on yet? I'm waiting or the epic clutch slip and you manning up and buying this paddle clutch Wink

Don't know why everyone says there on or off

Yes there a little keener but I can still move the car about using clutch control and no throttle it's just all the fairies with jap scrap that can't drive no offence to silverzx and his Datsun Wink

Excuse me?

Clutch down = stopped.
Clutch up = BWAPR BAWPRPRPP.

The less bite the better. More skids init.
Piggy I've just been on the phone to Pug and there is no stock in the country of XUD11 exhaust manifold gaskets or the breather up the front of the block you had to replace (and I'm having to replace) if your home brew fix isn't holding. Apparently its showing that its the end of this month they'll be in so middle of next month probably lol. Anyway If you want them get them ordered before they go back order again or before pug decide to NFP them.
Read this entire thread last night, i knew you were a pedantic OCD clean freak but damn!!

I never realised quite how much work had gone into this! much kudos Smile
Only pulling your leg mate Wink haha