306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Think I found the issue boys....

[attachment=26292]
Ah, the old top mount coilover.
(06-01-2016, 08:44 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, the old top mount coilover.

Helps with the vibration.

Good for pedestrian impact too
That'll be your problem, the rocker cover has fallen off, bloody french shite.
Ah yes, looks like your alternator has eaten it all.
That sucks. At least you get the option to make some small how to remove stuff guides for your youtube channel Smile
(07-01-2016, 07:09 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Ah yes, looks like your alternator has eaten it all.

Well how else do you lubricate your alternator bearings.
Nah, grease from the aux tensioner had nicely lubed up the alternator
Lmao! Would a rocker gasket really shed that much oil? Mines been leaking a while
Who said it was the rocker gasket?

Coz...it wasn't that! Lol
Ohhh lol what was it
i'm guessing crank seal
(07-01-2016, 06:26 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm guessing crank seal

That's a BAD guess lol

Where you get that idea!?
(07-01-2016, 10:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2016, 06:26 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm guessing crank seal

That's a BAD guess lol

Where you get that idea!?

out of a Christmas cracker Tongue
Everyone's Peugeot has the same leak, they all loose 1ml of oil every time you're a little bitch. That's why the rest of us don't have problems.

Love ya really James xxx
We just can't measure your bitchyness eh dumdum... Coz you never keep a car long enough Tongue
lol

Dodgy oil cooler again I'm guessing? Or headgasket/lift on the corner...but it's not a TU lol.
We all know it'll be in a monetized video soon enough... Wink
So...
The 2.1 head is split in 3, the main head with its valves/precups etc, then the cam carrier and then the top cover.
The seal between the first n second parts is a basic flange sealant jobby...I clearly used inferior stuff on this one.

So was a fair strip down to get to it. Got some proper nice loctite oil resistant stuff on it now.

While at it... Replaced the o/s strut top and bearing as i did the n/s a couple months back n never did other side.
Also replaced the auto aux tensioner... Pig of a job. Interesting thing though, grease filled bearing jobby with rubber seals either end of it.
Excellent. Pleased to hear it wasn't too bad.
Hopefully this thread will be full of.win and no more bitching /bullying in future.
Roll on the 2.1.
I'm trying to upload pics...but the forum isnt working for me...think my phone has same man flu as me.

In other news...an evening of fine tuning went so well that a window slider popped out never to be seen again Rofl

Big thanks to Ruru for his patience of fine tuning the arduino.
Made rather significant changes to almost all the settings.
Issue seems to be that top end there isn't enough fuel to keep the boost at required amount... So the arduino closes the vanes to keep up with request...but of course this results in high EMPs... Which snowballs to all sorts of issues.
So for now...we've tailed off the boost slightly top end... Till we can knock the arm back and spline and up the fuel...then add little extra boost top end.

We spent well over an hour out just constantly booting it... Next day, in the light, rear end was pretty much clean!
She blows coal...but is clean on boost, just a whisp.

On that note...an hour of doing HARD WOT 3rd and 4th gear pulls relentlessly... She just took it... Never got too warm, once.

Only problem........

Lost a winder slider when i opened it 5min from home, all finished, doing a much higher speed than i realised.
Cue me and ru looking along ditches on a fast A road in the dark... Needless to say... I had to make a new one next day lol
I bloody love this car lol

WOT ftw

The grins are back!
I'm only interested in the oil leaks Tongue going well now then is she?
Tbh...not as well as she has done... But the best she has done for a while...
For some time I havn't been able to go full throttle or just enjoy it
Quick get her on the dyno Big Grin

This cold weather doesn't hurt the power either.
She's never struggled even in the summer tbh.

Inlet always cool, esp in the evening. To our surprise even the turbo to intercooler pipe wasnt even that warm, guess the cold air ducting maybe helping...but I'm sure the cool eve does help.

Trying to finish fitting a intake air temp sensor to really see whats happening
Ive got a small sheet of poly if you want to make a replacement slider lol

Glad to hear all is well in camp 2.1
Hah... Got a few bits spare, thankfully enough to make a spare slider
Oh gawd, full race car spec now with them windows!