306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Think it'll need to be higher temp grade for brakes

thanks for comments...helping me keep at it!
I've never seen anyone manage to get hammerite off brakes and I've managed to get them hot enough to get brake fade and sparks off the pads
(02-08-2013, 09:16 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I've never seen anyone manage to get hammerite off brakes and I've managed to get them hot enough to get brake fade and sparks off the pads

[Image: 40249215.jpg]
^^ Never got redstuff to fade. Greenstuff and standard mintex however....
got some bright yellow or orange then?
Got me EGT probe in...
Initially wasnt going to, cant remember why, so had already welded in a EGR blank...so had to grind that out first.

Then weld in a chunky washer, they weld in the EGT threaded 'mount'.

Seal and paint. Looks a bit rubbish...but no, I dont care!

[Image: 20130802_172050_zps223fd473.jpg]
[Image: 20130802_172110_zpsbaebb8b6.jpg]
The paint on the exhaust mani really will struggle to stay on haha! Looks good though, what's the issue with the plastidip?
That manifold looks alright. Not sure what you're being so critical about Wink

Is it super high temp paint?
erm...it was...top coat is not so high temp...expect issues! lol!

plastidip just had no coverage. would need 2/3cans per spring to do it right
Its in!

[Image: 20130803_202745_zps758fd151.jpg]

What a afternoon!

Dropped subframe half inch to fit ARB bushes and brackets.
Then fitted the wishbones with 'modified' front polybushes...so they fit. And bolted on lower brace...which had to come off to fit engine...now back on!
Then fitted the PAS rack.
Stripped, greased, painted, fitted the gear rod to linkages link!
Fitted the A/C pipes after a clean and lick of VHT paint.
Fitted PAS pipes. Few clips here and there.
Stripped and cleaned the gearbox side mount....only later to find when fitting that the TU gearbox mount uses two differently spaced studs...so grinder, two new studs and welder and that was sorted too.
Fitted the A/C drain bung and popped a hole through it too for a nice snug fit for the power cable.

I have no clearance issues anywhere...except:

[Image: 20130803_202751_zpscd8f42bd.jpg]

Think I will need to remove that coolant pipe, cut it down a bit!!!

Tomorrow: everything else. But mainly tack up mani to turbo pipe and turbo bracket...then Oil system. Fuel system. Loom.
oh and massive clean on the inlet mani!
Good to see you kept going with this and didnt give up.

Tbh I havent looked at your project thread before and didnt realise you were going to loads of effort with the painting ect.

Looks really smart and fair play for putting the effort in to it Smile

ps. you have to bring your dog next time you come down , just seen the pictures in your thread Smile SOOOOOOO cute Smile
its not ours...its the pup of the people we work for.
they got a 5yr old black lab and the recent pup! both adorable.
(03-08-2013, 09:15 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]its not ours...its the pup of the people we work for.
they got a 5yr old black lab and the recent pup! both adorable.

SO want a dog Sad

So....when you hopeing to have this on the road then ?
Seems like you have had a massive turn around the last few weeks!
got to be badged as an XND
Going debadged or just GTD.

1st of September I either need to MOT and tax the green shed or tax the GTD. So I better have it on the road then.
I have put aside all mods/works other than engine/roadworthyness for the minute so I can ensure its ready to drive.
have you figured out the water hose clearance issue?
Nice progress mate come on a long way since I was at yours last Smile
(04-08-2013, 09:23 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]have you figured out the water hose clearance issue?

Yes. It doesn't fit.

Rofl looks really tidy mate, but the law of Sod states that you'll get everything built up, taxed, insured, and the minute you set foot off the drive it'll spit a rod. Really hope it doesn't but it seems to be the curse of the clean builds..
(04-08-2013, 10:58 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2013, 09:23 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]have you figured out the water hose clearance issue?

Yes. It doesn't fit.

Rofl looks really tidy mate, but the law of Sod states that you'll get everything built up, taxed, insured, and the minute you set foot off the drive it'll spit a rod. Really hope it doesn't but it seems to be the curse of the clean builds..

This is my thoughts I painted an engine up n stuff n then derv went everywhere getting it going forst start then coolant then precup dropped n smashed engine to bits lol

I hope it doesnt due to the fact its really clean n looks the part
yeah tiz my worry too...not comforted by your confidence boys!
(04-08-2013, 12:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]yeah tiz my worry too...not comforted by your confidence boys!

What can I say? I'm a devout follower of Murphy's Law Wink
Looks good man Smile keep it up
ahhhh looking good mate wish i had the time and money to be able to do that doing a great job bud keep it going.
You'll be fine mate, the 2.1 is too awesome to die easily

The water pipe we heated and bent to somewhere else. Sure Zakk will get you a pic
yeah he sent me bunch of pics this afternoon, a great help.

If anything goes, I think it will be the top end. The rods are the size of girders!
(04-08-2013, 12:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]yeah tiz my worry too...not comforted by your confidence boys!

Jus our honest opinions of what may happen pal
(04-08-2013, 05:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]yeah he sent me bunch of pics this afternoon, a great help.

If anything goes, I think it will be the top end. The rods are the size of girders!

Have you seen the one posted in the XUD dyno results thread, over 200bhp with nos and a T3/T4 hybrid at only 1.1BAR

Looking for 300bhp with the fueling sorted and the boost up to 2BAR
yup. thats given me a bit of confidence!!

and Im annoyed regarding the NOS coz that was my ninja plan long term...and someone gone and done it Sad
I have a nos kit, have had for about 4 years, never found anything worthy of fitting it to.
(05-08-2013, 10:29 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I have a nos kit, have had for about 4 years, never kept anything long enough to fit it to though.

EFA