306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
you will get there piggy, dash out jobs are fun! try putting in a full car loom!
(17-10-2014, 02:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-10-2014, 02:32 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interest mate how much has this cost you? The whole 2.1 set up?

For the sake of my own HG blowing lets not think about it!!!!

(do you mean the whole car fella or just the engine/pump/turbo/arduino etc?)

I meant the whole engine build. So fitting the 2.1, bigger pump, turbo, aruino etc. Not asking to criticise. Im just genuinely curious to see what money gets you what power Smile
So I have spent a full hour, yes an hour, a whole 60mins of my pathetic life trying to get the matrix grommet back in the bulkhead...

And guess what. Still not got it in

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Hammer about to enter windscreen Angry
(17-10-2014, 05:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]So I have spent a full hour, yes an hour, a whole 60mins of my pathetic life trying to get the matrix grommet back in the bulkhead...

And guess what. Still not got it in

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Hammer about to enter windscreen Angry

LOTS of grease and it will go in. I had this issue when doing a matrix on the old dears Partner. Made a right mess with the grease but it slipped in fairly easy.
Ive used grease, fairy liquid, wd40...you name it.

All I got is a mess, utter utter anger and frustration and a car out of action in the dark. All i got for light now is a led torch. Brilliant Undecided
Well being on here isn't going to fix it.........
Got the little git in!

Annoyingly I wasnt quite prepped for swapping to the ph1 heater box which is half as heavy as the ph3. But at least I have been able to see where and what is needed to complete it.

Tidied up the wiring behind the dash...all those single wires you fettle behind trim for gauges etc. So less rattling hopefully.

Also now got the arduino running off the car electrics not a solo battery.

Also switched thermostats to the proper one at last!

Quite bleed and started it up and parked up coz I'm tired and soaked!

Heres the matrix and old vs new stats:

[attachment=19643]

(17-10-2014, 08:20 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Well being on here isn't going to fix it.........

Go fix your heavy wallye you! Tongue
Ready for the dyno ninja
(17-10-2014, 08:21 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-10-2014, 08:20 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Well being on here isn't going to fix it.........

Go fix your heavy wallye you! Tongue

No, I CBA. I'll leave it till tomorrow.
So you aint guna come see how down on power the waylle us then on the RR? Tongue

Exciting things happened today which hopefully tomorrow will prove...but this also happened...

[attachment=19665]

Which I do believe that makes it the only registered 306 2.1??

Smile it made me weirdly happy!

Ahhhhhhhhh Angry could someone rotate that please!!!!
Piggy, you worry too much. Until something goes wrong stop fretting.
(18-10-2014, 08:55 PM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]Piggy, you worry too much. Until something goes wrong stop fretting.

I was proper fretting today as we (mostly ruan!) made changes and fed in more fuel and boost!

Nearly paniced couple times...once when I booted it for an uphill overtake and a boost hose popped right off mid overtake!
And another when we had a flashing stop light and coolant pouring out the rad!!....but that was just poorly fitted cap and Ruans big foot! lol
'Nearly' panicked popping a boost hose mid overtake? Think I'd have needed fresh trousers... lol

Not sure if its possible but could you have changed the spec on the V5 as well? Would've been cool to have made it officially a GTd.
(18-10-2014, 09:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]'Nearly' panicked popping a boost hose mid overtake? Think I'd have needed fresh trousers... lol

Not sure if its possible but could you have changed the spec on the V5 as well? Would've been cool to have made it officially a GTd.

Yeah, was uphill with a oncoming car too, a very easy overtake spot usually but with no boost it made it interesting!!

Theres no section for that change annoyingly, I had the same thought though!
218bhp and 351ft lbs.

However the dyno and arduino do not mix well, I'll get a pic up later but the power rises to peak torque and bhp at around 3k rpm then nose dives and it just coaled like mad down to 4250rpm where it made 70bhp.

On the road it pulls and pulls up to 5k and blows clean. So I think there is some more bhp in it if it would show up on the dyno!!
Great result that. Makes all the hard work worth it
Sounds like a good result that but it does make me wonder why people say "my car doesn't do well on the dyno". One of the main ideas of a dyno is it represents road use but not moving. Theres no difference between if you were driving on the road and on the dyno unless the operator decided to let off the throttle at a certain point.

Seeing as you're still tuning this, maybe you should see if you can find a dyno near you you can rent for a day so you can f*ck about with the arduino and get it just how you want it?
Thats an awesone result man. Are you still using standard head bolts on this too?
nice result mate bet your happy with that ?
Wait so its making twice the torque and more bhp than Nialls car?

Suddenly every penny is oh so worth it.
(19-10-2014, 05:01 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Wait so its making twice the torque and more bhp than Nialls car?

It is! And how much more is it making than yours Chris? Yours was making about 400bhp wasn't it and faster than an Evo?
(19-10-2014, 05:03 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-10-2014, 05:01 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Wait so its making twice the torque and more bhp than Nialls car?

It is! And how much more is it making than yours Chris? Yours was making about 400bhp wasn't it and faster than an Evo?

My rallye is probably making 160bhp if I'm lucky. However In the black HDi I genuinely overtook an evo in a race. No by being more powerful but probably by being lighter, having better brakes and being a little braver.
(19-10-2014, 05:23 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-10-2014, 05:03 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]

My rallye is probably making 160bhp if I'm lucky. However In the black HDi I genuinely overtook an evo in a race. No by being more powerful but probably by being lighter, having better brakes and being a little braver.

Did i tell you when i won a race against a Maserati Quattroporte a few months back? His car was off and he was in the pub but i still overtook him because my brakes were yellow and his were silver Wink Heart
Dick!
Oi you lot!

Ruan can confirm it drives NOTHING like it went on the dyno.
I'll get the vid up later
Great result, I reckon this is at least 220hp to be honest when the poor controller isn't sent bananas...

Considering this was what some might considering "working" only a few days ago, the fact it even made it to the dyno and made those "peak" figures is impressive IMHO. Getting the controller "working" is somewhat a fluid thing, it's one of those things you could tweak every hour for the rest of your life and still want to play with it... So for a fairly limited amount of tweaking especially in the wet yesterday, I'm pretty pleased and I'm sure James is also - lot of time and effort behind the scenes that I can assure you 99.999999% of the forum would have given up on 18 months ago... So fair f*cking play IMHO.
Tbh the way i look at it is it doesn't matter what figures it makes. It could of made 90bhp but if it drives nicely, drives how YOU WANT IT to and you're happy with it (although if you're like me, you'll never be happy with it! lol) then thats all that matters. The fact you have done something that (as far as i know of) only one other person has off your own back is something good.

Figures piss me off really. For a start, no dyno is the same. You could of gone else where and made 190 or even 250..... Secondly, so many people (looking at PEG after my recent argument with them) think figures are the be all of it and they aren't!
Still though, 218 is a bloody impressive figure. Lets just hope it holds its self together Wink
Great result there, just goes to show how capable the 2.1td truley is
Well, the 1.9 is just as capable... But we won't go there...

I think what we should be saying is, this proves how damned capable the GTB2056VK is... This is making 215+hp with <3bar EMP peak at a boost setpoint of about ~1.6bar boost... To me that's massively impressive and there's definitely more to come...
Nice result dude.
Nearly didn't make it, then made good figures.
Must make all the work seem worth it now.