306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-11-2014, 10:10 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-10-2014, 04:04 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: [ -> ]Probably thought you were an old lady out shopping or going to church.

sadly my rover doesn't go shopping that much or come out to play on a sunday. Tongue

Piggy have you found out what caused the head gasket to fail?

Maybe huge cylinder pressures causing headlift?!?!

lol

That would do it!!!
can you sort that with stronger engine bolts?
Yeah, hence the ARPs! Smile
(03-11-2014, 10:21 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah i hope, hence the ARPs! Smile

EFA Wink
Go fix your omex/coils/charger bearings/wiper blades neil! Tongue
That head is perfectly fine you know mate, they crack and get to a point but dont really get any worse. I've had same head for years with these issues. You will eventually have a pre-cup fall out with lots of power as darren did, mine have started working out too, but it will always happen with more power.
Pushing 220hp it will happen on a brand new head.

Also, you'll get exactly the same issue with a brand new head due to the power/combustion pressures through the orifice, you cant get away from it on these IDI's, I just opened mine up a tad to release it abit more.
Opened it up??

My other thought was can precups be welded in?!
Nice tyres. Confused

I seem to remember Dave taking a dremel to EVERYTHING, including the precups lol.
Dremel is where its at. For radgetastic dont give a f*ck tuning, its definitely the way forward for experimentation and vague theories behind them haha.
My theory is this, you cant push a sausage through a keyhole. BOOM i just made everyone 300hp
Depends how big your sausage is lmao
You could push a sausage through a keyhole, it wouldn't look pretty after passing through..
Some people have big keyholes, once I was told you couldn't put a fist through a keyhole, pahh soon put pay to that theory Big Grin
Good work piggy. Nice informative video... But that bloody music, that is going to be in my head all day....
Haha!
Note how it makes it you work faster!! lol
Nice progress mate soon have it back up and running
(05-11-2014, 04:10 PM)spike2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice progress mate soon have it back up and running

I been in bed for over a day so on hault till tomorrow. Sad

Head, although crusty and with 4/5 worn hydraulic tappets/adjusters, does look good though pal Smile
Good video but at the start was hard to.hear what you was saying over the music.
Yeah that crappy music on the first part wasnt meant to be there.
Mistake in editing!
Ive only just got into editing and videos so newbie error there. Sad
Great video piggy a very funny music. . .
It will work the ports of the new head?
And check valve guide?
Theres all but no play in valve guides, old one does have more than I like.
If you mean is there work to be done on ports...yes there is!!
You will put photos of the works in the butt Wink
(05-11-2014, 09:43 PM)akuma406 Wrote: [ -> ]You will put photos of the works in the butt Wink

lmao

Thats amazing!! lol

I may just put the photos on the forum and avoid my anal region! Haha
(05-11-2014, 09:43 PM)akuma406 Wrote: [ -> ]You will put photos of the works in the butt Wink

ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp
I think things get lost in translation occasionally... lol

Video was good though! (Bar the music lol). How long did it take real time?
Ah crumbs I duno...
It plays it at 15fps and a frame is taken once a second...if that makes sense!?
Yeah that makes sense. Something like 45 mins if my maths is correct then!
piggy next time put some acid house on for the music will you.
sorry fella...already edited...
will try next time for you Smile (subscribe and suggest it Wink )

Few things from that video. One. Didnt think you were gonna sound like you did. Two well done on doing it.the correct way with spring comppresor. Three im lazy and bang em out with a socket and a hammer.