306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(13-06-2014, 05:40 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2014, 05:32 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm no expert but pretty sure you will lift the head with this? Or you already planed arp's?

Either way if you pull this one off it should be epic!

Why on earth would it cause him to lift the head?

As I said I'm no expert, but if a gt2052v can lift a head then surely a GTB will be more flow etc forceing more air in? All tho the gt2052v was a 1.9 so are the head bolts better on the 2.1?
(13-06-2014, 08:53 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-06-2014, 05:40 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-06-2014, 05:32 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm no expert but pretty sure you will lift the head with this? Or you already planed arp's?

Either way if you pull this one off it should be epic!

Why on earth would it cause him to lift the head?

As I said I'm no expert, but if a gt2052v can lift a head then surely a GTB will be more flow etc forceing more air in? All tho the gt2052v was a 1.9 so are the head bolts better on the 2.1?

It probably will if given lots of torque at lower RPMs yes.
Ratchet straps should hold it on.... lmao

In all seriousness we will see wont we! Im not aiming for outright power, just reliable usable power.
So the GTB will go on, followed by water/meths injection un conjunction with a custom inlet I expect.

If it lifts then ARPs it will be.

Which gives me good reason to take head off and build an even better head
Is it the inlet or exhaust side of the head that's the restriction on these? Can't remember now haha
Inlet manifold isnt perfect but its the exhaust side of the head for sure
2valves Vs 1 to start with
If you make a custom inlet sort me one please. Would love to have master cylinder clearance and be able to fit a strut brace.
Just like that!!
I reckon a decent ally plenum on the standard LIM would be good
Wink working on it

GTB first
I was under the impression Piggy was going for a fairly "sensible" level of tune, ie don't do anything daft that will kill stuff immediately. Number one on the list being over-eagerness with the boost threshold lol, which as i understand it is the most likely thing to cause lifting of the head..? Shortly followed by high boost levels, which he shouldn't need.

That said, looks like i've read Piggy's intention's wrong, looking back through his last posts lol!
I've gotta say having just been out in this car its f*cking rapid and so un troubled even flat out. Gotta be 160-180bhp no trouble and its so smooth. I need to make mine behave that well
Thanks DD.

Quite nervous taking you out n embarrassing meself!!

You the first 306oc member to be in it!!! Haha
Got me a bunch of electrical stuff ordered.

Arduino kit
Resitors/diodes/regs/heatsinks/GT101/project box/glands etc etc
That was very much the easy bit.

Hope to find a semi ecu bosch pump tomorrow for the TPS Undecided

Two new metal hole cutters and some (hopefully) rock hard drill bits arrived today as I burnt out my old ones pretty quick on the 10mm plate despite lashings of lube n taking it steady. So should have the adapter plates done tomorrow/maybe monday as Im off to scrappy tomorrow.

Also picked up a beam from Dumdum. Got it soaking in oil at the minute....coz I'm guna rob the thicker ARB and 21mm TBs from it and wack them on the GTd!! Hopefully do a decent job of sorting the rear end setup. Baring in mind I am on 19mm TBs and a pencil thin ARB!!!

Also got properly owned by a merc.....it was a old 2001 'E' type merc...I thought "how dare he think he can show me up"....hmmmm, turned out to be a "E600". Big fail once we got over 60 Undecided

i didnt know they made a E600.......turns out they didnt and its had some serious work done to it!!!
I thought they did make some VERY special E600 mercs. they really are monsters.
(13-06-2014, 09:48 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I've gotta say having just been out in this car its f*cking rapid and so un troubled even flat out. Gotta be 160-180bhp no trouble and its so smooth. I need to make mine behave that well

that street sleepers for you dum dum! so get yours like that!
(14-06-2014, 10:06 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I thought they did make some VERY special E600 mercs. they really are monsters.

Yeah talk about sleeper...this was really one...looked no different to an E240!!!

Aparrently they will do 0-60 in 4 and a bit seconds and are limited to 155mph.

I should never have tried. Sad
very impressive build! Not a massive fan of the open bumper mouth, think it would look better with the original grille but top marks mate. spot on.
I did have it with original grill but it was falling apart...this was a temp solution.
Im on the lookout for another bumper/grill because I prefer the look of not having it on show...doesnt exactly say sleeper when theres a huge freaking FMIC on show does it!! Haha

However it is growing on me Undecided
So, spent an HOUR removing just the ARB from Dumdums beam...damn that thing was rusted in!!!! Shame the ARB is only 20mm. But the all important 21mm TBs is what I am really happy about. Left them soaking. Think the big hammer will come out tomorrow!!

Also went to Haynes of Challow...SO so many pugs!!

Unfortunately no Xantia 2.1s...which have the 2.1turboD badge I want. The 2.1 406s just have "LX".

BUT I did get few other bits needed including a bosch TPS sensor and connector AND a 406 fat loom plug/connector so I can make the arduino easily removable from the car if needed or if I want to move it etc.

Project box ordered too.

So when parts arrive next week its breadboard time. Get the chutney n cheese out lol

(Also made a BMW 530d very unhappy. hehehehehe lol he wasnt as quick as the E600!!! )
Xantias seem to be mighty thin on the ground thesedays, let alone 2.1s Sad
Theres actually one on ebay at the mo....

With TnT...proper comfy wagon that!
I really want a xantia v6 but pretty much zero chance of finding a decent one let alone in the UK Sad

There was however an xm 2.1 at the scrappers last time I went, if it's still there next time I'll "borrow" the 2.1 badges off it :p
(19-06-2014, 01:40 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]I really want a xantia v6 but pretty much zero chance of finding a decent one let alone in the UK Sad

It was a crying shame that we never got the Activa V6 in this country that our European neighbours got - judging by how good and inexplicably under-rated the UK Activa was, with a V6 in place of the lame 2.0 Turbo it would have been awesome.

Really bizarre car to drive though the Activa - absolutely no roll or pitch at all, just stays level no matter how fast you launch it into a corner and - in the dry at least - offers eye-opening amounts of grip. With some slicks I could easily see it scalping some fairly serious machinery on track.

I've never really seen the appeal of "normal" Xantia's though over say the equivilent 406.
And metal upper inlet if it has one Zakk.
(19-06-2014, 01:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]And metal upper inlet if it has one Zakk.

First thing I checked when I saw it haha, was the later model with the same plastic one as yours though.

The xud11 looks lost in the xm Bay! It's even got plastic covers around it there's that much space haha
Yeah they are massive the bays on them and the 605's
Xantias beet 406s everytime for me...same power...less weight...same equipment...more comfort!!

Anyway...
Weighed the car today...

1180kg with half a tank of fuel.

Dumdum thinks its as heavy as a lorry but I didnt think it was too bad

Stats say a 5dr 1.9td is 1135kg and a GTi6 is 1215kg...

So I am actually quite chuffed Smile

Just thinking it over...I have ontop of standard car weight...

20kg of fuel
Towbar
Amps
Exhaust manifold
Intercooler and piping

Thats gota add up to 40kg ish surely...

Just trying to work out how much heavier the 2.1 is!!
The book figures that I found from Peugeot some time ago suggested...

XUD9TE = 140kg
XU10J4RS = 143kg
XUD11ATE = 171kg

In summary, if that's accurate then the XUD11 looks to be pretty heavy!
My Estate is 1200kg fully fueled IIRC.

We know the XUD11 is a heavy lump, its got some massive strength to everything as well as that monstrous 12v head.
The '6 forum would suggest that a full gti6 Xu10j4rs with box, all fluids, wiring and auxiliaries is 220kg, would have thought the entire xud11 in the car would be coming up to a pretty similar weight?

(19-06-2014, 03:14 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]My Estate is 1200kg fully fueled IIRC.

We know the XUD11 is a heavy lump, its got some massive strength to everything as well as that monstrous 12v head.

How much is an estate over a hatch do we know? Would have thought another 50kg or so with the extra glass and metal?