306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I find the best clamps of the lot shockingly to be the "Chinese replica's" of the Mikalors. Nice thin band of steel with full circle moving filler, you can do these extremely tight / I have never had one fail, and piece of cake to use compared to the proper Genuine Mikalors, and about 1/8 of the price!
Video looks good! what tyres are you using?
(14-07-2015, 10:41 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]Video looks good! what tyres are you using?

some michelins which are getting on a bit.

I am trying to look around for some bridgestones or similar. something newer and a bit stickier. And something that doesnt mind a bit of damp. these dont like damp

need a diff so bad!
Looked very quick mate

I was running in the 59-58 and maybe one 57

I had all my runs in the morning where it was abit damp so that my exuse
stripped out track car without track tyres is pissing in the wind mate! Even some parada spec 2's would make a big difference!

I thought you had some spare track spec wheels for events and stuff?
Ad08's get my vote, tried the nangkang track barricade finders and hated them. But tyre choice is a up in the air subject.
When you had it 2nd gear it shifted! Impressed with how quick that is
(14-07-2015, 05:03 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]Ad08's get my vote, tried the nangkang track barricade finders and hated them. But tyre choice is a up in the air subject.

^this. I'd never really pushed a set until I put a set on the cabby at Pugfest. They're so nice, grip like hell but still remain progressive enough to have fun Big Grin
hmmm. next year I will bring track tyres for the hill. Reason I didnt is that last year I recall them not allowing track tyres on the hill... maybe Im wrong there. But hey ho.

I do need some better "daily" tyres for it though. Not sure I can live with A048s every day! (the expense and terrifying experience when its wet!)
Ad08's are my daily tyres remember there's a difference between ad08 and a048. I have no issue with them in the wet in fact I believe they are used as wets in some racing series.
(15-07-2015, 08:05 AM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]Ad08's are my daily tyres remember there's a difference between ad08 and a048. I have no issue with them in the wet in fact I believe they are used as wets in some racing series.

cool

ok, well, will look for some Ad08s then. My track tyres are A048s.

thanks man Smile
people were going up on R88's no problem piglet Smile get the good rubber out next year and show us what this thing can really do Tongue

If you want it properly hooned up there lend it too jonny lol
(15-07-2015, 08:15 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]people were going up on R88's no problem piglet Smile get the good rubber out next year and show us what this thing can really do Tongue

If you want it properly hooned up there lend it too jonny lol

yeah I was tempted to be honest! lol
He would certainly get the most out of it lol
Having experienced it and noticed the huge difference you need one thing next!....

A DIFF!!! Big Grin
(15-07-2015, 08:31 AM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]Having experienced it and noticed the huge difference you need one thing next!....

A DIFF!!! Big Grin

yeah diff and tyres.

I don't need to chase more power now. Its good and reliable...now the cooling is all but there.

I need to sort grip!
Please don't get specs 2s, they're awful lol, at least for the british climate. This looked so tidy at pugfest, never fail to be amazed at the level of detail you go to.
Paradas I found to be really sketchy on the limit

Been running maxxis ma z3's for a while and rate them pretty well
(16-07-2015, 06:16 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]Paradas I found to be really sketchy on the limit

Been running maxxis ma z3's for a while and rate them pretty well

That's interesting, I thought I'd just taken a really odd line in Fooby's '6 round pardon, it properly bit in when it found grip, not good when I'd deliberately provoked it! But maybe it was just my hooliganism and paradas.. I do love AD08's though, I'll definitely be running a set on the S16! 
Just been looking at AD08R's they have 100% grip rating in the dry! May have to get these instead of the Federals. Found them for £88 a corner fully fitted and balanced on blackcircles.com
Genuinely surprised with this at the weekend, cannot believe how smokeless it is! Only when you give it a boot of the loud pedal does it puff a little and then instantly come onto boost...

Get some wide, decent tyres on the front and this thing will be an animal up the hill and brake later from looking in the videos!
(16-07-2015, 09:55 AM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]Genuinely surprised with this at the weekend, cannot believe how smokeless it is! Only when you give it a boot of the loud pedal does it puff a little and then instantly come onto boost...

Get some wide, decent tyres on the front and this thing will be an animal up the hill and brake later from looking in the videos!

yeah I had the same issue at FCS, the brakes haul up so well I brake then in a blink I am too slow for the corner! Some corners at FCS I had to get back on the power before turn in lol

was quite funny with Sam, he jumped in and the harness wasnt quite right.. dumdum had been in... and he was like, "it be ite"... brake into the first hairpin and I see in the corner of my eye him shoot forward nearly out the seat lol

(16-07-2015, 09:45 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]Just been looking at AD08R's they have 100% grip rating in the dry! May have to get these instead of the Federals. Found them for £88 a corner fully fitted and balanced on blackcircles.com

they also have a VERY high wet grip level which surprised me.

what size were you searching for?

My best price for 195/50/15 is £68 each and 205/50/15 is £77 each. I am considering getting 205s all round.

May have bagged some cheap c5 steelies too
(16-07-2015, 10:10 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-07-2015, 09:55 AM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]Genuinely surprised with this at the weekend, cannot believe how smokeless it is! Only when you give it a boot of the loud pedal does it puff a little and then instantly come onto boost...

yeah I had the same issue at FCS, the brakes haul up so well I brake then in a blink I am too slow for the corner! Some corners at FCS I had to get back on the power before turn in lol

was quite funny with Sam, he jumped in and the harness wasnt quite right.. dumdum had been in... and he was like, "it be ite"... brake into the first hairpin and I see in the corner of my eye him shoot forward nearly out the seat lol

(16-07-2015, 09:45 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]Just been looking at AD08R's they have 100% grip rating in the dry! May have to get these instead of the Federals. Found them for £88 a corner fully fitted and balanced on blackcircles.com

they also have a VERY high wet grip level which surprised me.

what size were you searching for?

My best price for 195/50/15 is £68 each and 205/50/15 is £77 each. I am considering getting 205s all round.

May have bagged some cheap c5 steelies too

I'm going 195/50/15 for the TD's is that price fully fitted?
nah. But I can pop round local garage and fit them myself. Favors for favors Wink

Thinking about it, I may go for 195s on the rear and 205s front. Save quite a bit that way. Its actually 80 a tyre not 77 for the 205s I found.
(16-07-2015, 10:21 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]nah. But I can pop round local garage and fit them myself. Favors for favors Wink

Thinking about it, I may go for 195s on the rear and 205s front. Save quite a bit that way. Its actually 80 a tyre not 77 for the 205s I found.

My go to my local and see if they can fit them cheap Smile what site did you find them on for that price? 
ebaaay! ha
Difference between the ad08's and ad08r's? Anyone know?
you cant buy ad08's from what i was told only the r version but ive only personally used the r version.
08 is the old version, 08R is the newer one.

you don't want a 205 tyre on the C5 wheels, as they're only 6" wide, but they'll got on the TD wheels as they are 7", though a 195 will go on them too.