306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a bit puzzled!
just watched videos 1-6 all through; a very dedicated thread. Good work !
Thanks ginge Smile
Subscribe if ya likelylike Smile
Got any access to a compression tester?
Good work piggy shame about the umph but u will sort it out u all ways do man :-)
(17-11-2014, 10:47 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Got any access to a compression tester?

Yeah but lack adapter for diesel
(18-11-2014, 07:25 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-11-2014, 10:47 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Got any access to a compression tester?

Yeah but lack adapter for diesel

Can buy kits for very little, or if you just want to get it done now, cut end of glow plug and weld an adaptor you never use onto it Smile
I've got a comp tester you can borrow if you want
Ah cool ok tom. May take you up on that anyways at some point just out of curiousity. What does it fit to, injector or glowie?

The way it drives and runs I really cant see a compression issue. Its just lacking fuel for some reason.
Also got a slight leak on the exhaust relocation pipe gasket so that needs sorting.

I rekon I must have a kink or blockage in the fuel line somewhere
(18-11-2014, 05:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Ah cool ok tom. May take you up on that anyways at some point just out of curiousity. What does it fit to, injector or glowie?

The way it drives and runs I really cant see a compression issue. Its just lacking fuel for some reason.
Also got a slight leak on the exhaust relocation pipe gasket so that needs sorting.

I rekon I must have a kink or blockage in the fuel line somewhere

Has adaptors for both, but I go for glow plug holes as is less faff to do.
Yarp. Will keep in mind. Thanks Smile
second half of the video goes live tomorrow! (Saturday!) Inc first start and drive Smile
and she runs....

Niiiiiice, sounds smooth. Any hiccups yet?
Runs well. Pulled trailer for 4hours yesterday no issues.

She has a fuel issue though, kinked fuel line or similar as it is lacking low down for sure but is boosting but not even hazing.

But to be honest thats fine for now!! Haha

(got lots onthe 206 to do then I will give her some love again. Needs lots of little things doing
Well well done piggy. You now have the biggest thread on the forum, most of which is filled with you whinging Wink
Niiiiiice! Glad it's all back together and sorted. Big Grin
oh need a new exhuast gasket which is in post and to fit my EMP and EGT gauge...

then its time to hunt down 250bhp
2000th post! Big Grin
who wants post #2000??? Smile

----

haha! Tom was too quick!! lol
Is it sad that I've been waiting for someone to post since half 2? lol
sounds and looks the part piggy! anymore tweaks to do? I haven't forgotten your pm either.
yeah loads of tweaks of course!

Interior needs some love again for sure. Exterior can wait till spring.

New FMIC piping needed, current setup was a lash up 15k miles ago! New bigger air filter too.

May get a log manifold sorted soon too. Dark nights in the workshop!!

But first thing is sort the manifold gasket leak and sort the fueling as its a bit strangled at the minute.
Looking good mate glad its going well Smile how long till you have a bigger turbo Tongue
250bhp...dont think I need another turbo.

a LSD on the other hand!!
Looking good chap,

Really worth noting how clean / well kept everything looks on this build! Makes so much difference to working on a car / making progress when things are clean and tidy and put together properly...people often underestimate the time / effort it takes to maintain that, but you do, and it really shines through, engine looks immaculate! Keep pushing!!!!
Thanks fella!

Managed to make a few things easier to work on with the head off. Wiring etc.
A log mani will make a huge difference to easy to work on things!!
Found two oil leaks which were causing a bit of annoyance, one cant fix as yet but working on a solution.

I would love to make a trip to yours once you have rollers going perhaps??
Good stuff mate, loving the videos though..... more videos of you dancing needed i think Smile
[attachment=20278]

Now in winter mode!!

No splitter, little different suspension setup and winter hankook icepts!

Feels so comfy on '65s!!

Rerouted my fuel line and seem to have helped the fueling a bit but it needs some proper setup time spent on it again, so different with this head!