306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
More hammer/arch roller will fix it mate, wouldnt raise her as shes beautiful. Also when you fit the 21mm bars you might find she sits a little higher anyway.
Yeah....still need clearance though...guna do more bashing...if still no good, will drop to 17mm spacers on rear
For the heaters did you try the relay?
Relay?
Would the relay affect heat, fan and AC/Ricurc control?
(12-05-2014, 01:56 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Relay?
Would the relay affect heat, fan and AC/Ricurc control?

Becauseitsfrench lol
Anyone know which relay it is?!
Rip them all out and check for poor connections or burnt plugs
Yeah cool...just found similar info/issues/solutions on 306gti.com
My indicator burnt plug created other issues in my dashboard, just French electrics lol
Found the issue...wire dodgy on the plug. Found this after paying for a replacement set. Oh well. At least I found the issue...and now have a spare fan and heater controls!!
Having some rubbing issues with the rears due to the extra 10mm poke...did some bashing and still some rubbing...as was going camping this weekend, did more bashing...result!! Fully loaded and on a spirited drive she never swore at me once Smile

[attachment=16311]
Great stuff mate Smile Its such a gut wrenching noise hearing rubbing. It just sounds like money being scraped away!

Not had an issue with mine for months. Went on pug run, real gave it some beans and was scrubbing under hard cornering. Out comes the arch roller again I suppose!
Guna have to do something about the paint, I got it pretty warm but it still cracked.

Once I get 21mm tbs in there it should be even less likely I hope!
Thats the right attitude! lol

If they don't fix it, get 23's :p
Looks good chap you been having fun with the arch roller don't think you can get away with out the paint cracking unless you very lucky
Nope...heat gun, patience and a rubber mallet

Is it best to cut away the lip and seal it or rub it down and stonechip it?
God no. Don't cut the lip it's structural
Well, got to campsite in morthoe...via Porlock hill.
Lots of 180off camber corners on 1:4 gradients....

Temp just kept rising till I pulled over at 110degrees. Dropped back to 77 then at next 1:4 went to 100.
Been fine for rest of journey till at campsite it was warming up, fans came on slow (by themselves) at 80 though which I though was odd?!
as you mentioned Porlock I thought of

'306 in the twistys...'

it is a very good driving road.

Car looking top notch ThumbsUp
Tiz an amazing driving road...

Feels like it needs a TBodied 1600 106 rallye though...not a 2.1 cruiser loaded up with camping gear.

Temp behaved itself later in the day....through traffic, went from 77-82-77again. Real odd Undecided
Some gunk in the coolant, is It worth dropping, flushing and refilling just in case - wouldn't want it to cause bigger issues Sad
Been emptied and flushed not long ago.
May do again soon though as matrix bleed showed gunk.

Anyway...home again...540miles later...400miles since temp issue and all fine...gave it the beans, had slow traffic trawls on M5 and all sat on the temp where it should. Odd

Here she is at the seaside...

[attachment=16428]
Do it just to be safe mate, put a hose pipe in the block, put heater matrix on hot and try and push the gunk out of the system before refilling Smile
Yeah I know how to do a flush buddy!!

And putting the matrix on hot/cold will make no difference as its always flowing on a 306...well, most pugs actually
Throw a can of rad flush in too for good measure?
Yeah probably
(23-05-2014, 05:05 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]putting the matrix on hot/cold will make no difference as its always flowing on a 306...well, most pugs actually

I didn't know that, learn something new every day Smile
Your thinking of the fords with those weird solenoid valve things in the heating circuit no? :p
Maybe...
(19-05-2014, 09:55 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, got to campsite in morthoe...via Porlock hill.
Lots of 180off camber corners on 1:4 gradients....

Temp just kept rising till I pulled over at 110degrees. Dropped back to 77 then at next 1:4 went to 100.
Been fine for rest of journey till at campsite it was warming up, fans came on slow (by themselves) at 80 though which I though was odd?!

ouch! 110 . . . . that's fcuking shit up temps unless it was lying, hopefully you'll be ok . .