306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
have you noticed much difference performance wise with a quickshift fitted?
ive never made my mind up on whether been able to change gear faster really makes a difference on a derv as the engines arnt as quick to respond to snap changes. or am i just talking bollocks?
well any reduction in gearchange logically means quicker to be back on power...less time for boost/spool to drop, no?
(11-12-2012, 11:18 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]well any reduction in gearchange logically means quicker to be back on power...less time for boost/spool to drop, no?

yeah that, i was just wandering if you noticed it actually working like quicker 0-60 times ?
no....not checked lol
The quickshift takes some getting used to...but very good. Keep thinking I haven't got it in gear!!!

Anyway...baby steps with the 2.1...
stripped some more bits off....
it looks like this now...
[Image: 20121212_165714.jpg]
[Image: 20121212_165720.jpg]
[Image: 20121212_165700.jpg]

the water pump housing is a work of art fair play...
[Image: 20121212_165056.jpg]

Needs new crank seal for sure...
[Image: 20121212_163159.jpg]

there we go so far peeps....

oh and...
after a lot of hassle with a cheap ebay seller...got some decent jets...

[Image: 20121212_152659.jpg]

before....yeuch....
[Image: 20121212_152212.jpg]

after...yay!
[Image: 20121212_152959.jpg]
after much research and helpful PMs...I was looking for an early VNT...but the early ones didnt have much good report regarding reliability and coping with a big chunky diesel at high psi...AND the good ones were fricking expensive

so....got....

[Image: 20121220_155507.jpg]!!

I know I know...wasnt going to...but I am now. more of a 'lets see what a 2.1 will do with one of these' experiment.

anyway...these...
[Image: 20121220_155513.jpg]

for cooalnt in/out...right? well does it matter which was round???
OEM fitment those now.
Good project though!
what do you mean?!

I be rebuilding it for sure...got tiny bit of play but a rebuild kit is like £30 and the turbo cost 40...and you would pay more than 70 for a rebuilt one...plus I want the fun and peace of mind!!
Got the 2.1 in yet?
haha...very funny

aiming for spring. no rush...spending bit of time here and there on it...no rush
Ah cool, thats the way to do it, make sure everything is right before it goes together Smile
defo...full engine strip down and clean...replace anything found thats not right and all seals/gaskets.

same goes for turbo, pump, grbox etc.

it was sell the 306 and buy something newer OR build myself a newer car out of the 306 which I know every bolt of and has not a spot of rust on!!

be tidying bodywork up back to standard
the bodywork looks pretty tidy in the pics, what you wanting to tidy up? your going for the complete oem look arnt you?
yeah I think so now...
so on look out for tidy 15" steels and older original caps.

cutout in sill, new rear bumper, fix from bumper, ....best mate is bodywork tech so we probly end up a respray!!

interior will be as close to standard as poss with exception of boost gauge, green back lights, and stereo system
rockin the beige look still then haha
yup...
Been ages since any update...not much happening...collect parts...trying to find a decent turbo etc

So started on me stereo system....got new amp fitted, for the rear 6*9s and sub...sub not in yet though. No pics yet of that...boot too dirty. And will take them when done new rear shelf...upgrading coz the lanky flimsy standard shelf bounces to the beat!

Stereo was a bit shiny for me...
[Image: 20130109_135808.jpg]
so I painted couple bits...trim needed repair anyway...and in
[Image: 20130109_180305.jpg]

very pleased with it...touch screen, SD card slot, RCA outs for front, rear and sub all seperate and RCA line. well chuffed. Good quality sound too. Note the sneaky aux line in the tray...
[Image: 20130109_180249.jpg]

You may also notice the new location for the boost gauge...I was getting too much outside reflection on the gauge in the right vent...and I have linked this one with the dimmer too so not too bright at night...still need a new gauge though...anyone?

The ICE plan is nearly there...got the huge amp in boot for 6*9s and 900w Alpine single 12" sub.
6.5" JBLs in front with Mosfet 240w amp tucked under drivers seat. All with new speaker wiring too...pug speaker wire is awful!
Got a dock for my S3 coming too....which has a line out for the USB...so be ace quality then.

hey ho...about it

sorry about the filth and awful look....when all clean the blacks all look the same...but may repaint the black trims to match anyway as they are all wearing badly...
flash dont help either

heres the amp...excuse the mess...
[Image: IMG-20130107-WA0000.jpg]

its on the back of the right rear seat...so if adjustment is needed...drop the seat and its right there...haha!
wow, i never realized quite how beige your interior is haha

nice looking fitment though Smile
beige for the win...I will be adding black trims here and there to break up the beige...but its too comfy to chuck out

oh...got a brand new valeo clutch ready to go in...bargain at 75 posted...hope it hold the torque!

Spent some time on niggly air leak today...always coughs if not started for a day or two...plugs fine, leak offs fine etc...so while changing the grenade, whipped off the fuel filter housing, man there was some crud in the heat transfer maze underneath...yeauch!

Cleaned all the mating faces, modded the housing so the fuel/veg is always being warmed, and added silicone in all the suspect air leak spots and new O rings....and new jubilees where old clips sat...have that air! Think will clear pipe it when new engine goes in though...I hate not seeing the fuel/air bubbles!

MEGA MEGA HAPPINESS!

Just won a turbo...been hunting done a decent gt1752 for ages...either get hammersniped on my hammersnipe or they take it off the auction coz 'a mate bought it off me'.

Got one for £56, its done 3000miles from new, fitted 9months ago, and they just scrapped the car (Saab). Solid and no play etc.

Well chuffed. Was considering VNT from the off. But want the 2.1 to work more or less from the off rather than spend days/weeks trying to make a DIY VNT system work...so will get it all in and see what figures I get, then work on a VNT in autumn/winter!!!

and one for the bike rack junkies....

[Image: 20130108_153333.jpg]

center parcs next week....so freecycle for a bike rack plus £25 ebay bargain for a bike for me...done

and finally my veg oil filtering setup for anyone interested....
[Image: 20121229_153716.jpg]
That veg filtering system is awesome. You could open your own fuel station Smile
Ive improved it and tidied it a bit more since. It filters 40litres in 15minutes to 1micron. But I do buy it already filtered to 75microns and dewatered...for 55p a litre!

Next upgrade is a second pump and filling nozzle
i would honestly say IMO if you wanted good sound should of kept 6.5 inch in the rear shelf but got components, installed the tweeters in the space for them and had the sub. what will happen is the 6x9's will muddle the sound badly as they are not as good as round speakers. I notice when people have 6x9's they think they have a serious set but it gets blown up by mine.

I only say this as i'm a sound engineer/DJ and am seriously SQ orientated rather then SPL.

But good work on the rest and well done on the turbo buy and that head unit is a little gem! Also see if you can find a better amp then that i recommend PPi, Directed, Pheonix Gold or Orion all older stuff of theirs as they are serious quality. If you wasn't so far away i'd say come ace and listen to some of our I.C.E
its very mild to what I used to run...yeah I know 6.5' rounds be better but I got the 6*9 JBLs at a snatch.

the amp too isnt my first choice...but I got all the wiring, all of it, inc RCA leads, the headunit, 6*9s, amp for £60 posted to me...so cant complain...

think the 2.1 12v with stainless pipe may drown most of it out anyway!
That's why you add extra sound deadening lol
Is the GT1752 a bit small? Can't imagine that will take much boost?
(10-01-2013, 05:36 PM)Ricky Wrote: [ -> ]Is the GT1752 a bit small? Can't imagine that will take much boost?

This.
Nice turbo, flows and spools really well, but i think (on paper) it will be out of puff quite early...
with the 2.1 it sits in max efficiency at 18psi from 2000-4000rpm...

bang on.

bang on for me.... lol

others would go bigger but my plan isnt just to get the biggest bhp figure...

I may upgrade later in year...but to a VNT of similar size
Cleaned her before the holiday...which will be fun due to weather forecast...nothing like arriving sideways for a grand entrance!!!

[Image: 20130113_153846.jpg]

First time in WEEKS...poor gal...I start thinking its a true banger when really dirty...nice to get a shine even mid winter

PS...

anyone willing to photoshop the gal -40mm????
Hi ya'll.....long time since I have posted...mainly coz not much has happened...snow was too much fun and had a midweek holiday/break...first one in 4 years!

would someone be willing to do a photoshop of the pic above? -30mm?????

Have done things in the background...

the td04 has gone...now sizing up the bits for the gt1752 to go on...gota a plate coming...

got the HDi box and XUD box bits...so will check all, clean all, paint all, and build that up as thats quite simple.

Need time now to strip engine....
I do like that veg oil setup! Wish i could get a constant supply to make it worth doing something like that Sad