306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
big old task really. gonna update mine shortly.
Yeah.

Then go mad with matrix/flock the dash.

Then go mad with custom intake and lotsa solid boost piping=less joins, more madness.

Do oil cooler at some point too!

Then do what everyone else done when finished....sell it....

Kidding lol
Lol about the selling but it is true. What bhp will you get now?
Duno. Im not bhp hunting. Im efficiency/reliability/nice to drive hunting.

I am going to see if I can get reliable power without water injection...so I dont expect to knock on the 200bhp door

Plus I'll likely lift the head if I do!
Todays posty arrival....

[attachment=17990]

Spare N75, vacuum lines and banjos and water lines with t pieces for the GTB water jacket supply and return!! Blue awesomeness
Ooh shiny
Awsome work ! I'm interested in the arduino control have you coded from the ground up or is this a mod on something like dmns electric diesel control , either way this is inspirational
Using DMNs base coding/map.

Lots of fine tuning/adpating and calibrating to do mind.

Not much to show other than a poorly back from being bent over the engine bay for 3hours sorting the loom. Cut out the stuff I never and dont ever need. Retaped, insulated and fresh conduit here and there to tidy it all up.
Started to see where the water feeds and N75/vaccuum pipes will be going. Going to be one busy engine bay!!

Also, sorted my braided oil line. Its a bit long but it cost me 10.49 plus about a fiver of diesel!! Haha, eat that Puggy!

I now have every little bit needed to do the job ThumbsUp

Just the putting it together... Hmmm
Well out of my league only ever done some basic php coding and hacked a Xbox lol but I can appreciate how difficult it must be to get this setup just right , but when it is must be epic
Its well out of my league too mate....I have never done any coding or hacking. Im a geekophobe! But Im learning!
(29-07-2014, 07:06 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Its well out of my league too mate....I have never done any coding or hacking. Im a geekophobe! But Im learning!

Ha ha well good luck to you !
Thanks....guna need it! lol
[attachment=18000]

Yarrrr
Whats the black thing?
(29-07-2014, 10:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Whats the black thing?

Exactly what i was thinking!
The little black thing is a Mpx map sensor. 4bar. Need to gut the current map sensor and fit that little bit.

Done a few bits this evening, not much, but its all in the detail and making sure this is right.

[attachment=18019]

so thats a good ol peugeot multi pin plug, to allow for easy removal if ever needed. Gland/other line is for extending the screen loom to put LCD screen somewhere more viewable!! lol

Yet to fit the USB port as I havnt got it yet. Will make for easy USB plug in. Next up is wiring it all up with final positioning and wiring inside the box. Then get the engine loom in and sorted.
I really like your idea of the connector to quickly connect and disconnect the wiring loom Smile
Great job piggy, you will be the second run with arduino 306oc?
Coming on nicely, interesting stuff the arduino control.
Not sure Akuma. But the first with the 2.1 as far as I am aware Smile
Manifold/downpipe welding all done. Next to do is paint them.

Got heatwrap....dont suppose I can use it and paint over with vht??....i got none of that fancy stuff!

Next is to finish cleaning up the GTB and make the vac/boost can support bracket.
belt and braces mate, paint under and over Smile

good to hear you are going well with it
I can't see a reason why you can't use paint but I'm not sure if it will do the job? The idea of that spray is to seal the wrap to stop it soaking up any flammable fluids and setting fire to its self. If it was me, i wouldn't want to take the risk. Then again, GTis are known for leaking cam covers which leak straight onto an exhaust manifold. Im assuming your using it to wrap the down pipe from the turbo so theres a lot less chance of oil getting over there.
Yeah they are bone dry already.

I know the purpose of the proper paint. Cant find any without buying a kit. No time to order anyway
Slow progress tonight due to cronic headache, fatigue and a crap welder.

[attachment=18117]
[attachment=18118]

So finished welding/grinding etc. Also made up a plate to bolt to turbo to hold the vac/boost can.
All the little bits of fabrication take so freaking long!

Also starting polishing the cold side housing as seen Smile Smile

Any more thoughts on the exhaust wrap? Got lots of the vht paint which is designed to repell oil/water/fuel according to its specs anyway. But not sure it will work ok with the wrap??

Tomorrow...finished polishing cold side, fit those bits and water lines. Then boost tap/map tap manifold.

And we are away!
It may be a pain in the arse but your nearer finished than I am.
(01-08-2014, 09:01 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]All the little bits of fabrication take so freaking long!

Ahh.

Keep up the good work Smile
Piggy good work spirit that you nearing the end!
2 steps forward. Feels like 2 steps back tonight Sad

Feel like chucking this turbo through a window

Ive now measured, tacked, lined up, ground off, remeasured and retacked the manifold pipe about 10times now.

Its doing my head in.

Who's bloody idea was this anyway Angry

After the matrix is done and this is done, thats it. I'll save for new b8s and eibach pro springs and Im done. Had enough of not eating, stress, bashed fingers and the money pit.

Im done modding.
(02-08-2014, 09:23 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Im done modding.

That'll last about a week. Wink

Seriously though, you're making decent progress with it, will be worth it when its done.
Not eating, mate get a grip it's a car

Things go wrong more than they go right just got to think of when it's done Smile