306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19-02-2016, 03:20 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]Constructive criticism:

Too much umming and ahhing by yourself in the videos?

Yeah I realise I do it all the time. Appreciate the headsup though.

I am working on it.

I'm better at it when I am less rushed and plan a video better. Otherwise I'm winging it
glad to see that i wasn't on film Smile
(19-02-2016, 04:00 PM)daniel909 Wrote: [ -> ]glad to see that i wasn't on film Smile

You are, just, in background!
Love the videos Piggy, needs more driving footage though! Could have shown some footage of that test drive after the new turbo was fitted, that would have been schweeeeet! Smile
(19-02-2016, 04:12 PM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]Love the videos Piggy, needs more driving footage though! Could have shown some footage of that test drive after the new turbo was fitted, that would have been schweeeeet! Smile

Yeah working on it
piggy I got the chance to watch the swirl pot install, thought that was a neat little upgrade there, only thing is why did you route the fuel lines through the cab, rather than just follow the Original lines? would that have been a f*ck on due to where the swirl pot was?
(27-02-2016, 10:53 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]piggy I got the chance to watch the swirl pot install, thought that was a neat little upgrade there, only thing is why did you route the fuel lines through the cab, rather than just follow the Original lines? would that have been a f*ck on due to where the swirl pot was?

Yeah, lines just too big to bend and route that way, plus location and wanted to have them visible in cabin. Totally terrifyingly life threatening i'm sure someone will say... But then maybe my battery will kill me first

Soo....

Ruan spanked it...
Aaron loved it...
Crank pulley destroyed
[attachment=26684]
[attachment=26683]

Oh. V odd. Its never been off since it was built...
Too much torques!?!?  Confused

I'm not really sure how to fix the issue  Confused
Billet one fit?
fit new key and pulley and bolt, job done.

as long as the crank isn't worn.
See the crank pulley... Woodruff key smashed off in the slot
Weld it on...

Seriously though, I've always thought woodruff keys look a bit small considering the forces that must go through them, not seen that happen before though!
Woodruff keys only locate...its the massive bolt that holds the forces...
Which had come loose...which is odd,because as i say, its not been touched for some time

I may temporarily slam a replacement pulley on there and just threadlock the hell out the bolt and blast it in mega tight
Ah, that makes sense!

Was it a new bolt used? I know they're only meant to be used once even though most of us probably re-use them.

Don't threadlock it in mega-tight, you'll never get it out again. Had a HDi where someone had done that, couldn't budge it with the gun or bar...scrapped the block with the bugger still stuck in eventually lol!
(03-03-2016, 11:43 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't threadlock it in mega-tight, you'll never get it out again.  Had a HDi where someone had done that, couldn't budge it with the gun or bar...scrapped the block with the bugger still stuck in eventually lol!

Depends on the threadlock used - it's not all created equally!

Normal medium strength stuff is absolutely fine, but if you use the proper heavy duty stuff that needs heat to release then you're potentially stuffed.
Loctite 243 only on that sorta stuff - anything else and you'll never get the fucker out.

Also don't go pouring the entire bottle on, as even if it releases, it's likely to crud up the threads so badly on the way out it'll jam before it actually comes out.
Tom (zxvolc) kindly dropped in a spare xud9 pulley last night...I kept him at a distance to spare him from our germs though... Can't describe how much it pained me to say no to his offer of a passenger seat run in his ZX... Sounded epic as he left though...

But thanks Tom. Found a spare newer crank bolt too...attached to a spare 2.2hdi crank!

So when I'm feeling better than death...will try n sort it
Exact same happened on my 406, just fitted a new pulley making sure that the remains of the key were in line with the slot to allow it to sit flush against the crank sprocket.
How have you caught something if you can't get out with a broken foot? Confused
Been out a bit...wife got same thing too so maybe she was the carrier! Ha
Ah yeah, probably her fault then. lol
Defo blame the wife.

Oh and just machine out the keyway and fit a bigger (custom made) woodruff key then nail the whole lot back together.
Well that went well....

[attachment=26738]
[attachment=26739]

1.9 xud pulley does not fit a 2.1!
Shitter mate.

Have you spoken to bash? He's got eleventy billion 2.1s kicking around.
(07-03-2016, 06:07 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: [ -> ]Shitter mate.

Have you spoken to bash? He's got eleventy billion 2.1s kicking around.

Havnt got a spare i went down and had a look got one pully for 2 engines lol
Well that sucks
may have missed something here whats wrong with a new item?
(08-03-2016, 08:10 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]may have missed something here whats wrong with a new item?

It's nearly £100.
[attachment=26747] ..... lmao ...

This project looks interesting, I'll have a proper read through in a bit.

Hope you get it sorted soon!
what a nightmare piggy!