306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
many pads like that you cant swap around as you'll contaminate them.
(11-06-2016, 07:15 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]many pads like that you cant swap around as you'll contaminate them.

Interesting thought...
Surely if not been cooked, like mine currently, there should be no deposits on the discs?
https://youtu.be/WO6SQf81za4

Realised two main mistakes on track time...other than usual rubbish racecraft...

I wasn't changing up early enough into 4th and 5th and using the torque...

I didn't give the car/brakes ANY cool down time...no wonder the brakes now have judder/wobble!
May I ask why you randomly shake the steering wheel for no reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(14-06-2016, 09:48 PM)deggerz Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask why you randomly shake the steering wheel for no reason?

When is that?!
(14-06-2016, 09:48 PM)deggerz Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask why you randomly shake the steering wheel for no reason?

This exact habit took me ages to get out of! Watch as you corner specially at quarry. Wink its not a major thing by any means.

I went out with piggy last year in this and his driving has improved tenfold already imo
Entry, apex or exit?
Do I do it more than once or at every corner?
Ill watch again tonight and get the exact moments. Not a big issue by far. I think youre trying to compensate for the torque its producing round the corner and stop it spinning.

Admitdlly it produces a lot of torque
If its early in a session at quarry, thats me
1) trying to get heat into the tyres
2) having a feel for grip/understeer
3) trying to stop it understeering as much lol

All probably quite unsuccessfully.

I have consciously been working at smoother steering input...so annoying if I've failed there.

Under braking, often into esses, I'm often working the wheel a little as the back end goes super light! Probably more progressive braking may help there...but I was happy and I felt under control and that there was always more to give
Whatever you do dont put yourself down about it. Im sure its not just me that thinks your driving has improved a lot on track. You absolutly smashed it at combe man!

Ps that f*cking spi tuning heap kept slowing down to race me and keep overtaking as it had way more power so well done on that overtake!!
I'm not slating your driving at all you looked pretty damn quick Tbf, I just couldn't unsee you randomly turning the wheel [emoji23], although in fairness later on in the video you did stop doing it Smile

Yeah its at quarry on the last session with alex on board deggerz?
Coz i had cooked the brakes and tyres were scrubbed but cold...so was testing the waters there
So spent some time over the pit at mickys trying to find this ruddy clonk.
There is the smallest amount of play in the n/s caliper/sliders. So I'll try and find some new...anyone know where?!
Also o/s inner cv joint has play...but the noise is clearly n/s to me

Defo got the brakes hot though...

[attachment=28013]
So took my time...got discs off...cleaned all faces (inc the 20mm spacers) and cleaned off all the pad residue on the discs...
Still got bad judder...feel through the pedal.

So...ordered new discs. Doh.
What brand discs where they/you going for Now?

Borg and beck are having a dodgy batch and warping in no time.
Brembo discs.
Ordered bosch discs and pads
(26-06-2016, 06:35 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Brembo discs.
Ordered bosch discs and pads

Had nothing but issues with "Brembo" discs - I don't think Brembo even make the ones that you get from the motorfactors, pretty sure they just bung their name on any shit. Only ones I've had success with from the motorfactors is Pagid and Bosch.
(14-06-2016, 08:22 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Realised two main mistakes on track time...other than usual rubbish racecraft...

I wasn't changing up early enough into 4th and 5th and using the torque...

I didn't give the car/brakes ANY cool down time...no wonder the brakes now have judder/wobble!

You're in the wrong gear quite a bit actually. You need to be in 4th a lot more. Also you need to be loads later and harder on the brakes - that's why you've cooked them. You should hardly brake before Avon rise for example, but you're braking or coasting over and into Quarry.

Otherwise I think you need to trust the car more as you're lifting on corners that should be flat out. I've not watched all the video though! You need to get some more front end on-power grip and that'll help your confidence too.
Thanks Adam, totally agree.

Not got the balls for avon rise. I got more confident as I did more laps though.
This mean you've binned off the ds2500r pads too? Or just keeping them for track days?
(27-06-2016, 07:21 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]This mean you've binned off the ds2500r pads too? Or just keeping them for track days?

Put them to one side.

I have a set of part worn yellowstuff and 1144s...

But will use the bosch as the daily pad and for prescott as no way I can get heat into 1144/ds2500/yellow stuff for the stops on the hill
(27-06-2016, 10:21 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-06-2016, 07:21 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]This mean you've binned off the ds2500r pads too? Or just keeping them for track days?

Put them to one side.

I have a set of part worn yellowstuff and 1144s...

But will use the bosch as the daily pad and for prescott as no way I can get heat into 1144/ds2500/yellow stuff for the stops on the hill

I've never had problems with using 1144 at Prescott, just a gentle first run to get everything upto temperature then should be set. Only one corner you really need to brake hard for anyway :p
You'll never keep any temperature in the brakes as prescott hill...
I'd put money that I could lick my discs by the time I've come round and queued and lined up for my next run

There two pretty big braking points...
But you'd have to be going fast enough for the first to be significant ozone Tongue
Bit of win on the pads...
Found a set listed on ebay only under the part number...
£3.98 later and £3.75 postage and they are mine...win for Piggy
Brembo brake are now owned by euro car parts....
(27-06-2016, 09:18 PM)allye Wrote: [ -> ]Brembo brake are now owned by euro car parts....

That explains a lot
(27-06-2016, 09:23 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-06-2016, 09:18 PM)allye Wrote: [ -> ]Brembo brake are now owned by euro car parts....

That explains a lot

Not buying brembos again.
(28-06-2016, 09:45 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-06-2016, 09:23 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]

That explains a lot

Not buying brembos again.

Have posted this before: http://www.tmdfriction.com/en/home 

And yes, Brembo definitely has varying standards!
Brakes...again.

Think I have fitted brakes more times than filled up in last month.

New bosch discs/pads on the front.

Annoying standard pads dont cover the full depth of disc. 

Think its the clio 182 pads that cover them fully like I have with the ferrodo ds2500?!

[attachment=28147]
[attachment=28148]
[attachment=28149]

Found r/n/s gaz shocker bush large amounts of play annoyingly. Trying to get one sorted before pugfest.

Also got weird issue with o/s/r caliper. All good on footbrake.
But with handbrake on....nothing. Took boot off and can see its all working when operated manually...but just doesnt "bite" enough.
Any thoughts?!?
Have you adjusted the piston by turning it witha screw driver? Not telling you tosuck eggs btw