306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Horizontal is fine

Prefer the harness bar to the strut brace tbh, nice to see its very unsubtle
love it! did you make them? such a good project this and the quality of work on it is top notch :-) keep the vids coming
(19-05-2015, 06:00 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]Could of done with being a bit lower? Not being negative btw, just iirc should be angled downwards slightly not horizontal?

[attachment=23269]
yeah as seen above. As level as possible from the seat belt holes.

Which I have got pretty well I think Undecided pretty happy anyways

(19-05-2015, 07:21 PM)tim 306td Wrote: [ -> ]love it! did you make them? such a good project this and the quality of work on it is top notch :-) keep the vids coming

yeah made them. Videos coming.

Don't judge the quality... seriously. The finish is pretty bad Undecided its ruddy strong though!

https://youtu.be/bIeQvHZrtM0
Harness bar looks a whole lot better fitted. Great choice of mounting points and that. I'd be much happier with that than having them bolted to the c pillar or the floor.
I do agree with what you have done the bar looks more than capable, although personally 48mm tubing is a little big but not a negative. I do think you could have got away without the legs to the floor providing the tube wall is thick enough as it cant physically cant twist on its mountings. But again as you said its far better than what you had or mounting them to the floor. I would recommend some 3" straps for the future and some fibreglass seats as youll find out if youve a bonny ass like me! lol But good work Smile
(19-05-2015, 10:31 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]I do agree with what you have done the bar looks more than capable, although personally 48mm tubing is a little big but not a negative. I do think you could have got away without the legs to the floor providing the tube wall is thick enough as it cant physically cant twist on its mountings. But again as you said its far better than what you had or mounting them to the floor. I would recommend some 3" straps for the future and some fibreglass seats as youll find out if youve a bonny ass like me! lol But good work Smile

thanks pal...

funnily enough i am just trying to negotiate some TRS composite seats which are soooo nice and about as heavy as a crisp packet.

The Mambas are fibreglass but low entry level.

And if you have some nice 3" 3,4,5 point harnesses...I'll happily take a contribution Wink
Ha! ive just bought some rsa 6 points from jjc but they are £118 each! :/ but well worth it! I would get some decent side mounts aswell that offer plenty of seat adjustment to allow you to get the correct driving position. I have the cobeau club sport seats which cost me £300 for the pair delivered but of course it depends on your budget but i would highly recommend them.
Looking great piggy!
Will be using this guise for sure! :-)
(19-05-2015, 10:47 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]Ha! ive just bought some rsa 6 points from jjc but they are £118 each! :/ but well worth it! I would get some decent side mounts aswell that offer plenty of seat adjustment to allow you to get the correct driving position. I have the cobeau club sport seats which cost me £300 for the pair delivered but of course it depends on your budget but i would highly recommend them.

I currently have adjustable rails made supposedly by Corbeau. Not sure if thats daft or not tbh. But theres no way my seat position would allow the wife to even touch the pedals
well theres a stupid law if its caged it can be bolted direct with no adjustment as its " prepped for a rally" but if no cage it must have 3 points of adjustment. stupid i know
(19-05-2015, 11:14 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]well theres a stupid law if its caged it can be bolted direct with no adjustment as its " prepped for a rally" but if no cage it must have 3 points of adjustment. stupid i know

well that one slipped by me...

so the seat "should" have 3 points of adjustment if no cage??
(20-05-2015, 06:45 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-05-2015, 11:14 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]well theres a stupid law if its caged it can be bolted direct with no adjustment as its " prepped for a rally" but if no cage it must have 3 points of adjustment. stupid i know

well that one slipped by me...

so the seat "should" have 3 points of adjustment if no cage??
Is that racing law or mot law?
My seats will be just bolted down which is just right for me.
its a mot law but of course each mot tester will have different beliefs
(20-05-2015, 08:22 AM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]its a mot law but of course each mot tester will have different beliefs
I should be fine then.
It's only took payday when I can order some runners.
Just need it motd asap
Yep what stef says, my rallye failed the first mot because of the fixed position drivers seat at the time.

I think they only noticed because the tester was a short arse and needed to move the seat though lmao
So, turbo and manifold next yeah?

This is likely to be an absolute weapon on track at FCS, can't wait to see it
just needs a spare wheel strapped in the back like a rally car!
but I know you don't want anything like that lol,
looking good though piggy! windows look a pro job!
what is next on the list of upgrades?
Cling film is lighter than Lexan.

Jus sayyin.
Looking epic mate,going be fun to see this on track and it's going to be my challenge to try and pass it Smile

Have you added a oil cooler? What sort of temp do see after a spirited drive ?
(20-05-2015, 09:21 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]So, turbo and manifold next yeah?

Yup!

turbo is currently being balanced!

mock engine and bay is mocked up....flanges should arrive tomorrow!

New exhaust system is nearly finished too...no silencer and 2.5" all the way back.

-------

Also readjusted the beam again, up 15mm. Was too low at the back for good balance. Definitely need to put new bearings and seals in after fcs.

(20-05-2015, 03:16 PM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]Looking epic mate,going be fun to see this on track and it's going to be my challenge to try and pass it Smile

I'll be honest.... I'm sure a lot of others will be quicker with less power! My challenge will be not to ditch it and not to blow it up!!

Oil cooler is still yet to be fitted. Oil temps are still only 80ish after giving it the beans. 
(20-05-2015, 08:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-05-2015, 09:21 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]So, turbo and manifold next yeah?

Yup!

turbo is currently being balanced!

mock engine and bay is mocked up....flanges should arrive tomorrow!

New exhaust system is nearly finished too...no silencer and 2.5" all the way back.

-------

Also readjusted the beam again, up 15mm. Was too low at the back for good balance. Definitely need to put new bearings and seals in after fcs.

(20-05-2015, 03:16 PM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]Looking epic mate,going be fun to see this on track and it's going to be my challenge to try and pass it Smile

I'll be honest.... I'm sure a lot of others will be quicker with less power! My challenge will be not to ditch it and not to blow it up!!

Oil cooler is still yet to be fitted. Oil temps are still only 80ish after giving it the beans. 

Loving the honesty. lmao
so last half meter of stainless exhaust will hopefully be here tuesday, wednesday the turbo will come back from being checked, torqued and balanced. :-)
Monday, Mickey of Mickey kellets will be painting his ace defender he been doing up, so it means workshop open and he is happy for me to use his snap on MIG (which has a argon tank on it) if I supply the mig wire.... amazon prime for stainless mig wire (will arrive sunday) and hopefully I will have this all welded up:

[attachment=23348]

I have other potatoes that take better pics.  Dodgy

So come a week today when Ruan comes over to play, she should be running a new manifold, new turbo and new exhaust system. 

I realised last week that the current system drops down to 2.25" after the "cat" area. and the back box is pretty restrictive. So its 2.5" all the way now.

Hopefully I will have a working EMP gauge too by next friday and some ninja ideas in practice for some fueling. Smile
Oooh looks good. I do love a good manifold. Could of done it all equal length though! Tongue
(22-05-2015, 09:09 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh looks good. I do love a good manifold. Could of done it all equal length though! Tongue

I can GUARANTEE that that would not work as much as I would love one, you'd see why if you could see how much room I have, or have not, got to play with down the back of the 2.1! the only way I think would be a left hooker (no servo) and remove half the bulk head ridge!
id be really scared to run that manifold not being equal youll get hot spots can could cause damage. Any reason why you used big tubing and not 1-1/4" ?
(22-05-2015, 10:23 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]id be really scared to run that manifold not being equal youll get hot spots can could cause damage. Any reason why you used big tubing and not 1-1/4" ?

well most people be scared to tune an idi.
A lot of people be scared to rev a tuned big heavy 2.1 xud11.
Most wouldn't even bother taking the time to fit a GTb2 because they are scared....

Rofl 

Anywho, why is it 1.5" and not 1.25"? Cost and suitable size basically. The exhaust ports are somewhere in between 1.25" and 1.5". The flange for the head (which was cut by a squirrel on red bull with a jigsaw not even close to a pro job) was cut to size (or as close to, assuming the squirrel was also blind) using the exhaust gasket. And with the head port matched to the gasket, if I had used 1.25" tubing, it would have caused a restriction at the head face. 

Considering I am running a stupidly oversized 2.5" extension pipe from the original cast peashooter mani...this will be a vast improvement.

Plus, tuned derv's in general have little gains for equal length. It's boosted don't forget, a high revving N/A petrol would indeed be a different matter. 

I was going to go for a log manifold but managed to get this pipework real cheap so I went this route. (an equal length be amazing, sure, and someone did offer to try and make one for me...but there really isn't enough room also for one. If you look at that pic, it seems squished, but I rekon it still may foul on a couple of things and some water pipes may need "adjusting")

Don't be scared....  Confused
Looking good piggy. not as hard to do these manifolds as you would think. Have you checked clearance with gear links etc?
cracking bit of engineering piggy! as for the track wheels, why bother putting centre caps in? your going to be adding weight Tongue