306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got some advisories though. Should've put the seats back in for no advisories im disappointed at your lack of commitment. Lol
[attachment=25806]

(16-11-2015, 06:13 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Got some advisories though. Should've put the seats back in for no advisories im disappointed at your lack of commitment. Lol

Please accept my sincere apology  Blush
That picture wants to be in the calendar...
(17-11-2015, 01:24 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]That picture wants to be in the calendar...

This is actually a valid point.
Hate to agree with people but they got a valid point, looks epic there!
[attachment=25968]

Lessons learnt...
The weird noise at saxon motorsport run in hereford was valve float and that power figure was likely at silly psi/overboost.
Also:
Don't buy a cheap EGT gauge or cheap Aerocatches
So what was the final outcome of the weekend?
(29-11-2015, 07:29 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]So what was the final outcome of the weekend?

I'm buying a Kia.
Went that well then....
Whats the aerocatch story?
Bonnet flipped up at a guess

And blown turbo
Catches just crap. They will open one more time lol
I dont like riddles!
pictures and the full story would be grand Wink
I came here expecting many interesting pictures of boost and diesel goodness. C'mon now, let's be serious.
(29-11-2015, 09:33 PM)205dtub Wrote: [ -> ]I came here expecting many interesting pictures of boost and diesel goodness. C'mon now, let's be serious.

You've read all 106pages already?
So what's the new power figure then?
(29-11-2015, 09:59 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-11-2015, 09:33 PM)205dtub Wrote: [ -> ]I came here expecting many interesting pictures of boost and diesel goodness. C'mon now, let's be serious.

I have actually read them yes.
(29-11-2015, 10:28 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]So what's the new power figure then?
less than the last I'm guessing Tongue rough with the smooth James come on, let's be having you Big Grin
179bhp I'm guessing...

Piggy points for closest? Big Grin
What happened to the egt gauge mate Wink
(30-11-2015, 11:59 AM)205dtub Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-11-2015, 09:59 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]

I have actually read them yes.

Wow, thats a first lol

(30-11-2015, 01:00 PM)daniel909 Wrote: [ -> ]What happened to the egt gauge mate Wink

She dead man.

New single piece probe been ordered

(30-11-2015, 12:39 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-11-2015, 10:28 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]So what's the new power figure then?
less than the last I'm guessing Tongue rough with the smooth James come on, let's be having you Big Grin

That original figure was way off tbh after pouring over it a lobbland and listening to/comparing runs.

There will be a video.

The rough currently is if I have a knackered turbo or not...let me deal with the emotional loss first lol
The first figure I would say was off somewhat after looking at there data, but not as much as it seems after this weekend...

I think a combination of issues this time and issues at there end last time has made for a rather dramatic change...Im pretty confident the turbo control was not functioning correctly / turbine is not happy in the blower....Either way car has alot more potential than it showed on Saturday for sure as didn't sound happy at all. Shame we didn't have more time to dig into it really, but I am pretty sure it will be back Smile

Either way was a good day and interesting to have a look about the machine Smile
(30-11-2015, 12:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]179bhp I'm guessing...  

186bhp I think.
If she's off colour then power figure is a bit pointless anyway, get her sorted and back on again Smile
This is why i dont believe rr figures and refused to know my own after mapping. It just makes you disappointed or makes you hungry untill you achieve that figure you had in your head. RR's are to manipulable from conditons to user etc. Aim for something more pleasing like drive ability and reliability etc.
Yeah funny you say that stef... I kinda like that Moog on MCM isnt interested in the bhp/kw figures on the s/c mini build. But kinda had to be done here.

Essentially I am driving currently with a very laggy turbo...must be what its like living with a td04... The vanes are stuck open basically.
She still spools quite well amazingly but top end is absolutely mental tbh.
I have a feeling she has always perhaps been holding the vanes a little once on full chat, causing too much EMPs.

I'm just a bit annoyed i didnt think of taking a boost can and mbc along, to do a run knowing the vanes will slam open once on boost

(30-11-2015, 01:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-11-2015, 12:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]179bhp I'm guessing...  

186bhp I think.

You're all so kind! lol
(30-11-2015, 05:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]You're all so kind! lol

Well, I would hope it's more than 180...I mean £45 on a map on standard parts gets a 1.9PD to that.... Wink

Seriously though, it's more power to weight with this than outright power anyway, looks quick enough in the videos! But you can't just moan about poor figures without showing them, will be bugging me and others lol! Confused My '180' PD made 167bhp back in the day...with very little camshaft left. lol I hope you've beat that at least...
Yeah but I'd rather have an STD than own a PD powered anything!
So wait, is this the same piggy that was borderline rude and slagging off other people's builds when he first got his 218bhp figure now saying figures don't matter so much? Funny that Tongue