306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Then buy this one :-P
meh, already got an engine. pump. 306. turbos. gearbox. just got to put it all together and make it work
(08-11-2016, 09:28 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]meh, already got an engine. pump. 306. turbos. gearbox. just got to put it all together and make it work

I've done all that.

Ready to go with 12mth ticket Wink
Must get on to this. Stripped original 275lb springs in the electro tub...36hrs of pure magic. Come up a dream. So they are going back on. Check it all over and fit rebuilt o/s/r caliper and its MOT time. Done 4.5k since last mot.
Ok....
So erm...

275lb springs back in. Adjust height and tyre pressures too. feels so much happier.

Stripped rear brakes, rebuilt/serviced a spare caliper, fitted new discs/pads. New cables on monday as were out of stock today. Old cables were "ok" but split and felt sticky.

[attachment=29076]

Wheel never self canceled which was always annoying and tech an MOT fault. Tried a few different things...result was this:

[attachment=29077]

Works a treat despite its appearance! lol

Working on another oil breather as my peanut butter pot fell off lmao
Can of ale, few breather holes, wire wool in half, pipe almost at the bottom....cost £0! 
Made a little bracket, will bolt in front of gearbox, currently drying from paint.

[attachment=29078]

And shortened the exhaust by 20mm at the join from downpipe. Better fitment at rear and when a rubber slipped it had melted the tank a bit  Confused

[attachment=29079]
[attachment=29080]

Finish the breather, fit handbrake cables, check lights and its off to mickys

All being well, ie: a pass, its engine bay tidy, dash/wiring tidy and rear floor repaint. Likely to try and insulate doors/roof a little as dampness is a pain this time of year
Good work mate. Smile
looking spot on piggy!
MOT predictions?
Surely it will pass. Is mot tomorrow?
(28-11-2016, 08:41 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]Surely it will pass. Is mot tomorrow?

Yeah. drop it early. 

Not sorted oil breather...so he may dislike that. 

Should be ok
Today is cold.

[attachment=29082]

Today is MOT day!

[attachment=29083]
It'll be fine I'm sure.
Youre so meticulous i cant see it failing!
0 advisories.

You barely use it!
congratulations on your pass Wink

now go and use it!
(29-11-2016, 12:29 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]congratulations on your pass Wink

now go and use it!

Sneaky cully! 

I've done 4k in it Tongue

It's going to a new home in the new year if all goes to plan
Leaking exhaust gasses from that pinhole in the weld :p

That catch tank is so pikey it's brilliant lmao
(29-11-2016, 01:48 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]Leaking exhaust gasses from that pinhole in the weld :p

That catch tank is so pikey it's brilliant lmao

Haha...thanks man. I've taken time on it, so its a pikey engineering job! haha
well done! Big Grin
Pass with a clean sheet. Now to get on with my folder (not list) of little things I wana get done for tidy up for new owner/crazy person
Good news on the mot pass, so you got a buyer lined up?
Maybe. Duno. Yes. Possibly. Not sure. Likely... Not sure I wana sell it
(29-11-2016, 09:56 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe. Duno. Yes. Possibly. Not sure. Likely... Not sure I wana sell it

Rofl
your sponsored by a mot station im shocked it passed.
(29-11-2016, 10:48 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]your sponsored by a mot station im shocked it passed.

Yeah but he still charges me for it and wouldn't passit if it was a fail. He knows I'd be peeved if he did
Christ im surprised you had to take it for a test if you sponsored by a mot station
(02-12-2016, 09:20 AM)fatlapit Wrote: [ -> ]Christ im surprised you had to take it for a test if you sponsored by a mot station

I have 0 respect for anyone who doesnt get it at least tested. I want it to be safe. More than happy to have a pair of eyes over it to ensure it wont kill me or someone else
(02-12-2016, 10:44 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]I have 0 respect for anyone who doesnt get it at least tested. I want it to be safe. More than happy to have a pair of eyes over it to ensure it wont kill me or someone else

This. My old Land Rover is MOT exempt, but I take it down to the garage to get a second pair of eyes over it. More than often I find looking over stuff over and over makes me worse at not spotting stuff.

Also, had a proper read through this thread at last. Nice work Piggy.
U still got abs piggy??
(02-12-2016, 08:40 PM)fatlapit Wrote: [ -> ]U still got abs piggy??

Nope... keep up my man... went ages ago

I have got a nice 6pack though lol