306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
spent most of day doing the wifes 106nad clutch.

flipping thing I rekon was trickier to do than a 306 clutch what with starter in the wrong dumbass place, exhaust wrapped round the weirdest way a huge electric PAS pump right in the way, ruddy awkward. was properly ruined though. clutch bearing fell to pieces on the floor as soon as box departed from block!

on a side note...ordered Payen gasket and bolts for the 2.1...local new factors cheaper than I thought.

Also found a engineering company 19miles from me...well spoken of. So up early to finished getting head off, and whip it down to him.
Shit happens dude. Still deserve a pat on the back for what you have done. It could always be worse.

it could have run away when you first started it and gone off like a bomb, then you would have been left with nothing.
i still fear finding a cracked block...but its made like a tank so just hope to find a terrible gasket fail or something similar
(09-09-2013, 08:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]spent most of day doing the wifes 106nad clutch.

flipping thing I rekon was trickier to do than a 306 clutch what with starter in the wrong dumbass place, exhaust wrapped round the weirdest way a huge electric PAS pump right in the way, ruddy awkward. was properly ruined though. clutch bearing fell to pieces on the floor as soon as box departed from block!

on a side note...ordered Payen gasket and bolts for the 2.1...local new factors cheaper than I thought.

Also found a engineering company 19miles from me...well spoken of. So up early to finished getting head off, and whip it down to him.

sounds like the clutch in the rallye lol. pulled box away from the engine and just a shower of clutch pieces fell out lol
yup. the bearing became lots of little shiny balls!!!

the 1.5 clutch is sooo tiny. the friction plate is about 20mm across, if that!

we been driving it too, just clutchless gear changes...amazed it hadnt gone through the pressure plate
Sounds like all's well then piggy, you're on top of things again Smile

A little set back but the gt will be better after this Smile
Going back some I did hg on an old montego with the 2 litre Perkins diesel which blew as soon as it was started. The fault was just that FAI gaskets are shit, always used Payen ever since. Could have just been a bad gasket Piggy. Either way awesome build, you should be MEGA proud! I could never pull anything like this off. Rep deserved methinks!

Well I would rep if I could figure out how to on tapashite lol
rep me, abuse me...I deserve both!!!

thanks for all messages, just having some porridge as its flipping cold, then get out and get head off
Repped!

I really hope you find a shitted out HG
pics uploading...

Cylinder 4 blowing for sure. Engine builder agreed when I took him the head. Soon know if head gone but he said it would take a lot of boost and nitro and dynamite to crack the block!!!
Fingers crossed mate Wink
When will you have the head back?
pictures:

[Image: IMG-20130910-WA0006_zps4f52bba2.jpg]
[Image: 1d8d2cac-b9b1-4a89-b834-bc9b1b23fd3e_zpsd86f22a9.jpg]

no prizes for guessing which cylinder blew... Itwasntme

weirdly seemed that the heavy diesel knock was coming from that end/cylinder too.

note the blow out at the edge of the gasket to atmosphere too!

[Image: IMG-20130910-WA0001_zps52d78002.jpg]

gasket didnt show much.

this concerned me though:

[Image: IMG-20130910-WA0002_zpsdc762d64.jpg]

only the one did that Confused

Head should be done tomorrow afternoon...which is impressive considering how busy he was and I've never met him...but we got chatting and I was name all the engine heads/blocks on his shelf...he seemed impressed Angel

and for those who care...heres a ruined 106 clutch

[Image: 20130909_154526_zps8b40b2b6.jpg]
[Image: 20130909_140210_zpsed44873e.jpg]

Blush
Have you cracked on with rebuilding this piggy...bet you can't wait to have this finished Wink
got excited this aftertoon at 2:30pm to have call from engineers to say head was ready!

So dashed off to pic up the head and HG and bolts on route from factors. Felt a little light headed after paying £102...thats right, £102, for the head to be skimmed and tested. But seemed like they really knew what they were doing and if it works then its money well spent.

Got home to find the HG was wrong :angry: The shelf pickers, or incompetent idiots as I like to call them, saw UAY970 and picked up UAY790. So they are getting the correct one tomorrow morning for me.
Bit annoyed!

Anyway, gave me chance to package up all the bits sold for Action day and to get the green turd stripped of parts for Ozone n Pugmarshall to come collect. So the greenturds D8a heart will live on in a 205...but its good bye to its body!

So here is farewell to the greenturd, its last pic before being scrapped:

[Image: 20130911_193941_zps01111163.jpg]
[Image: 20130911_193953_zps4e6e3d23.jpg]

sad to see her go, but engine will live on as will her pretty eyes and slam panel! lol
Epic camberz on the rear dude!
VAG/felt spec eat ya heart out! Tongue
Looks epic at that height. I need more lowering
Love the first pic piggy, so dark and moody and cleaning the gravel from the drive lol
haha, it looked really good when we pulled onto the drive. very interesting drive back in the rain with an extremely rear heavy estate haha
not that anyone is about I expect...

but it runs and drives!!!

needs fans looking at...currently done a temp on/off switch as they on all the time.

Pulls VERY hard, 15/16psi at the mo, fuel screw just held on, but wow does it go. And lovely choo choo sounds!!!!

anyone reading this and going to combe tomorrow....please dont look closely...its very ropey...trim missing, its dirty, needs a new bonnet and rear nearside door....just admire the 2.1!!!!

anyway....gota get to sleep...need to get up to wash the bird crap off it for combe Smile
Want to come to coombe now, sounds amazing.
Congrats on getting it up and running for combe
Congrats on getting it going. Awesome project
(13-09-2013, 10:08 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]not that anyone is about I expect...

but it runs and drives!!!

needs fans looking at...currently done a temp on/off switch as they on all the time.

Pulls VERY hard, 17psi at the mo, fuel screw just held on, but wow does it go. And lovely choo choo sounds!!!!

anyone reading this and going to combe tomorrow....please dont look closely...its very ropey...trim missing, its dirty, needs a new bonnet and rear nearside door....just admire the 2.1!!!!

anyway....gota get to sleep...need to get up to wash the bird crap off it for combe Smile

Pat on the back sir, worth the heartache Wink
so...5:40am...

Im up, outside and washing it....

going to bring me pressed plates n mountney steering wheel with me...fit plates once at combe and see if theres some cheap bosses for sale.

thanks for all the pats on the back....soon see if they are warranted when I arrive on the back of a AA truck!!
Amazing news mate!!! Can't wait to see this!
Well done piggy, now you'll see the times you were ready to give up were worth battling through.. And to successfully finish on Friday the 13th.. Epic Smile
Nice one! And it even looks good :p
made it to castle combe!!

[Image: 20130914_161937_zps46b286a4.jpg]
[Image: 20130914_145143_zps878c11ce.jpg]

and made it home...

[Image: 20130914_183958_zpsbc4c0f4d.jpg]

never missed a beat

those eagle eyed will notice done me some cossack grey bits and pressed plates...front yet to fit

[Image: 20130914_183910_zpsf7f9a77f.jpg]
[Image: 20130914_183914_zpsb7b4b58d.jpg]

OEM cup holders:

[Image: 20130914_172146_zps95e345bb.jpg]