306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All a learning curve, you'll get the hang of it. Took me a little while but you just need patience.. And heat.
Don't use water for wrapping.
(29-07-2015, 08:28 PM)adam b Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use water for wrapping.

Only thing I would say is... I expect most of you wrap on prepared paintwork, laquer. 

But I was going onto quite porous gel coat. I tested a bit first and it stuck instantly like glue and I had a real job removing it. Hence the soapy water
looking great there piggy, not sure on the colour of the pug badge. might be better if it was black or moonstone again.
Less weight...

[attachment=24650]

Both sliders done now....drivers one in a better position!!

[attachment=24651]

C5 lightweights getting a coat of shiny

[attachment=24652]
piggy you recon you could hit under 1000kg now? if you get hold of a fibre glass boot lid
(29-07-2015, 09:33 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]piggy you recon you could hit under 1000kg now? if you get hold of a fibre glass boot lid

well the sound deadening is 1.2kg per patch. The wheels and tyres should be close to 20kg less. 

I hope to get some lighter seats soon too.

FG boot lid is on the cards, price dependent.

But to be honest, rather spend the money on seats and have a bass at the boot with a hole cutter!

(29-07-2015, 08:56 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]looking great there piggy, not sure on the colour of the pug badge. might be better if it was black or moonstone again.

funnily enough... I may smooth it off when I go to rewrap it. Not sure it suits the badge at all with the wrap
Window sliders FTW. Now you look like a proper racecar. Looks good as always
Catflaps...NO!..Piggyflaps Smile
Wouldn't want to be in there on a hot day!! Fortunately it looks like summers over for this year. lol
Pugfest was PigsweatFest!
Single wiper conversion might save a kilo and a smaller washer bottle will save a couple.

Stick on number plates are worth about 100g each.
(30-07-2015, 10:11 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Single wiper conversion might save a kilo and a smaller washer bottle will save a couple.

Stick on number plates are worth about 100g each.

Yeah and add some areo aswell 

Why #becauseracecar
I only keep a bit if water in bottle so cant be faffing with having a smaller one and i hate single wipers. Stick on is no good really as i remove the front plate for track time added air flow
4 seater track car?...

[attachment=24663]

Wheels having a quick flat and polish:

[attachment=24664][attachment=24665]

could do better but I would need to care more
Stick on will work on the back and doesn't need to go on the numberplate recess at the front does it. Could go on the bonnet to hide a rubbish smoothing job.
Realised today.

I know every nut/bolt/fixing. Because I have undoone/removed/replace/refitted everyone.

#happyfeeling

(30-07-2015, 10:43 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Stick on will work on the back and doesn't need to go on the numberplate recess at the front does it. Could go on the bonnet to hide a rubbish smoothing job.

I got holes behind the rear one too for weight saving!!
Wheels looks lovely,definitely going to give it the stealth look.

You sourced some seats yet ??
(02-08-2015, 05:22 PM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]Wheels looks lovely,definitely going to give it the stealth look.

You sourced some seats yet ??

Road trip tomorrow to go see some.

Full FG, 6.7kg each, brand new with sticky plastic on em!!
Did you ever try plumbing that other head drain behind the fuel pump in?
(03-08-2015, 10:45 AM)2.1dturbo Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ever try plumbing that other head drain behind the fuel pump in?

What do you mean!?
I think he means on the left hand side of the head. There is a small plate thats just a blank. Looked at this myself. You can buy a bit that you can add a pipe onto it. Imo when i was building mine up everyone elses plumbing in system worked so i kept to what was proven.
Some 2.1s have them and some dont, just like the xud9s.
Have yet to find out the pattern or benefits etc.

I have a blank there iirc.

But after driving for a few hours monday with constant abuse I am very happy. Needs an oil cooler though, thats what holds the heat most at the mo

FG seats have landed along with some ninja bits.

Hope the food poisoning was worth it Sad
Time to start shaving off more weight...

https://youtu.be/A9Q6VBD1jMM
I struggle to hear your voice because of the music.
(08-08-2015, 07:05 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]I struggle to hear your voice because of the music.

Yeah a few said

Rushed editing while ill tbh was the reason plus some clips had different levels which I dont have software to sort

Need to use my external mike more too
Might be time to update ur sig Wink

Looking good Piggy, Uber light Big Grin
Yeah I thought that the other day...

Anyone want some piggypoints to make me a new one?? :-)
I'm still yet to find out what we can use these PiggyPoints for? Itwasntme
I struggle to find the need, time, effort spent in lightening a car? Surely, if you're just after a lightweight, pokey car, take the current engine and drop into a stripped 205 - will probably be safe also given you won't need to cut every support and chassis piece going?

Out of principle perhaps?