306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LOL - watched a video without sound and concluded that a video entitled "1.6 16v corsa" is obviously the video of the car in question and is surprised when a Clio pulls on it.

Watch the actual video and notice that there's a Black Clio that basically goes backwards when James puts his foot down past him...
Meh I didn't read the title, a video of a car on track in a project thread for a car that was being discussed as being used on track would be enough for one to assume the video of a car on track was that of the car on track.
Now i'm really confused.... Ive got no sound either and can watch about 30 secs - 1 min of a video before it has to start buffering lol from which it never normally recovers
Did it not twig with anyone that I said:

"same session, different guy"?

Or its title?

Or the fact halfway through I overtake the car videoing!? Rofl
i thought it was a video of you going against a corsa lol you need to be more specific for us mere mortals james Wink
lmao Rofl lol
Congrats piggy this is now the biggest thread on the forum!

Shame its not as popular as a shitty old GTi thread though Wink

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/stats.php
I will admit piggy has done very well. Just watched the track time and my christ does that thing shift? Have you played with it more since i last went out with you in it?

On a side note one of the main reasons i stayed on this forum and got hooked is the diversity of petrol and diesel.
It's all liquid dinosaurs.

Why can't we all just get along.
You can brake a lot, lot later. Be interesting against mine in the dry, I'd annihilate you in the wet though (turbo torque with no diff) Smile
(24-09-2015, 10:55 PM)adam b Wrote: [ -> ]You can brake a lot, lot later. Be interesting against mine in the dry, I'd annihilate you in the wet though (turbo torque with no diff)  Smile

Yeah in the dry I was amazed how late I could brake...

But that session it had just stopped raining, I had never been on track in the wet n never been out on those tyres so I was quite tentative tbh. 

And yeah... Lack of diff was rather obvious even more so in the wet!

(24-09-2015, 09:13 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]I will admit piggy has done very well. Just watched the track time and my christ does that thing shift? Have you played with it more since i last went out with you in it?

On a side note one of the main reasons i stayed on this forum and got hooked is the diversity of petrol and diesel.

It is a little bit lighter, not by a massive amount, about 50kg.
But the main difference... Being able to use all the power (with the wet track being the limit) and not worry about temps. 
Tom (zx_volcane) was keeping his eye on temps for me basically so I could just keep it pinned.

(24-09-2015, 08:13 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats piggy this is now the biggest thread on the forum!

Shame its not as popular as a shitty old GTi thread though Wink

Thanks man... It will never be as cool as popular as a generic s/c gti, I know. Sad
Just lol at this thread - no wonder it has the most replies on the forum
(25-09-2015, 11:58 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]Just lol at this thread - no wonder it has the most replies on the forum

There is very little car related stuff tbh lol
Have you considered wiring in warning lights in addition to the temp gauges? That way you could have a light that come on behind the wheel if it got to a certain level so you wouldn't have to constantly glance at the gauges.
There's warning lights there as standard for water temp.
(25-09-2015, 05:27 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]There's warning lights there as standard for water temp.

while that is true...

an XUD would be ruined by the time a standard water temp light came on!
Modify it to come on at a lower temperature?
I'm 4th most replied too Big Grin

lol at girlfriend picture thread being number 2 most viewed lol
(25-09-2015, 05:32 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]Modify it to come on at a lower temperature?

Now its had some severe testing I'm less worried about checking it at every gear change tbh!

It's kinda in the corner of my vision anyhow.
Hmmm...

I duno. I'm guna spend a bit of time/money on the 206 and on an engine I have in my workshop.....

Loving this too much at the moment.
Be interesting to get Ruan n Bash to pop a comment on the thread after yesterday.......
Was nice to pop in and see you on the way back man. You have better coffee than a service station.....

And ruan took me for a spin in piggys car. How that engine has not died yet i have no idea man. I killed mine, at my power level. I can honestly say that things quick and not just quick for a diesel. Properly fast. I may have sworn a bit with ruan driving lol
Glad you enjoyed the pit stop!

Epic little ph1 dturbo you have too Tom!

Just need to go clean the passenger seat in my car now Wink
Sounds good James, how come Ruan drove & not you?
(27-09-2015, 08:35 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good James, how come Ruan drove & not you?

It was more fun to watch ruan squeeze into piggys seating position.

And yeah i cant complain about our back up car really. Never missed a beat done almost 1200miles on the trip.
(27-09-2015, 08:35 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good James, how come Ruan drove & not you?

Ruan hasnt had a drive in it since well over a year ago. 
2 birds(!) 1 stone so to speak!
I'll edit the video footage laters...

But as I keep getting asked I gave in and went and did a couple 30-70 pulls and one 0-60. I went super clean legal and went roadtrip to find dual carriageway too!

Anyone wana guess the times?
0-60 5 secs, dunno about 30-70, never timed that myself Smile
30-70 4secs at a guess
I guess traction issues will hamper 0-60 times. 30-70 should be stonking.