306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(22-03-2015, 09:16 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]JOOI are you leaving the fuel tank alone or are you gonna run a smaller one internally?

JOOI ?!?

Was considering an alloy tank...a friend can make me one at costs...but the standard tank is pretty light and nice and low regarding COG
Just out of interest. Sorry, my bad.

Yeah fair play! Just wondered.
Just out of interest

Jj beat me to it lol
Heh, fairplay with the strip out, impressed with level of effort for the few grams in the loom etc, For me its almost better not so much for weight, but just because i hate excess wiring for functions you dont need / dont have, looks good.

Personally I think id have left the dash in, or at least the right hand side, for what it weighs I think the few comforts it provides are worth it, that said, it is win dashless, all the field cars were like it and loved it, just not sure id like my road car to be missing it entirely!

Either way looks good Smile
It wont be completely dashless Wink

and i agree. Once I started and realised how much wasnt needed it annoyed and bugged my ocd not to see it through!
Piggy is crazy you jajajajajaj
Hope to see how their story ends.
Arduino so will void? I think your turbo is controlled by lung pressure, not vacuum?
Maskless headlights Big Grin really going committed with this
piggy have you not looked into fibreglass panels?
(25-03-2015, 08:52 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]piggy have you not looked into fibreglass panels?

think this is a budget build Wink

although, if you had some time on your hands, making moulds could be a goer I reckon - its not technically difficult
Yeah this month its tight budget. I really havnt spent much tbh. And once ive sold the bits i removed I'll be back in profit.
The idea is how light for how little.

after that, well, you'll have to keep watching Wink
Just swage everything James. Ultra weight saving for the price of drill bits & core bits lol. Im sure it was zakk that had a saxo that had every thing done even the masks in the headlights
(26-03-2015, 10:44 AM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Just swage everything James. Ultra weight saving for the price of drill bits & core bits lol. Im sure it was zakk that had a saxo that had every thing done even the masks in the headlights

to be honest, I have the hole cutters, but the tool isnt that cheap.

Plus there isnt actually much left I could swage!
Have to start doing the wings and quater panels lol
Not amused.

Paint on replacement wing is flaking and has a new ding from nowhere it seems.
Need to reinstate the damn auto rain sensor as a non auto stalk DOES NOT WORK with an auto system.
and the weather is just crap. Got nothing done today really other than crappy wet gardening.

Walking away before a hammer ends up somewhere it shouldn't
For the sake of saving the weight of a rain sensor, what was the point of removing it?
But I could say that for every little part I have removed...

But I've got a 10kg + box of wiring of little sensors etc to show it does make a difference. I'm going to see if Cully has an ideas to trick the sensor into thinking its sort of drizzling to give me a normal inter and then i can just tuck it behind the fuse box
So have you now cut the loom out so it wont work if you replaced the sensor?
Nah it will. But I dont wana have to refit the sensor back up in windscreen and run the loom all the way round the screeb
I'm sure it will be some sort of variable resistance jobbie. Pour water on the screen while measuring resistance then when you get the speed you want put that resistor in the wiring. Will obviously take two people to achive this.
there has to be a relay or something for the auto system to work on the fuse box, surely it could just a case of swopping that with a relay from an none auto wiper 306. As there is a trick with the prov spec rovers, that didn't have an intermittent wiper, all you did was swop the stalk and plug in the relay on the fusebox . just an idea for you to check.
its two relays in series. And the sensor controls the motor stop aswel.
I HATE wiper wiring, always SO complex for just controlling a ruddy motor
(26-03-2015, 07:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]its two relays in series. And the sensor controls the motor stop aswel.
I HATE wiper wiring, always SO complex for just controlling a ruddy motor

id have a look at a 306 that does not have the feature, and go from there. could be a case of switching one of those relays over,
Me and cully did today. Just compare the wiring diagrams.
Its a totally different loom.
Mental madness.
Good work piggy keep it up its looking ace lol
Ta paddy Smile ThumbsUp
Just thinking about this from a different way. What happens if you run someone over? These bits are not just there for your safety. They're there for the safety of pedestrians as well.
Fair play though. All seems a bit pointless to me but can't knock the attention to detail Smile
(30-03-2015, 07:16 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Just thinking about this from a different way. What happens if you run someone over? These bits are not just there for your safety. They're there for the safety of pedestrians as well.
Fair play though. All seems a bit pointless to me but can't knock the attention to detail Smile

Love to see the 'becauseracecar ' working in the court of law lol 
How is it driving with all this weight off? Handling better? Acceleration ..etc noticeably improved? How is the weight distribution feel, as still have a relatively heavy engine in the front - not knocking your efforts, just interested.

Sounds like you're following the 1 gram rule thing mazda did on the mx5 according to top gear (god rest its soul)

There is a noticeable difference on mine if I just bother to empty the boot of tools and spare parts!

Really need to sort the loom out on the zx, would love to strip it down to just what I need and tidy it all up.