306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I agree but wpuld give you a rough idea of power than guestimating on how she pulls

I need one to see whether this map has done much certainly feels like it but agree its down to operator but tbh the guy we go to on these northern ones is pretty damn good now woth the dervs got an impressive result with mine with a f*cked lda pin

But said its a great oppertunity for u manual diesel guys to play and tune Smile
its a loooong way from me pal.

needs some work for sure...got rev counter sorted today...turbo not spooling fast enough and not enough fuel top end
(19-09-2013, 06:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]its a loooong way from me pal.

needs some work for sure...got rev counter sorted today...turbo not spooling fast enough and not enough fuel top end

You get the dials ok then fella?
yeah today. broke them immediately but I got spares!

guna frankenstein them anywau
(19-09-2013, 08:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]yeah today. broke them immediately but I got spares!

guna frankenstein them anywau

What did you do to break them?? It's fecking annoying my rev counter issues is the wires, same reason my speedo in intermittent as well Sad(. I may have to pay cully to sort my wires out..
(19-09-2013, 06:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]its a loooong way from me pal.

Ehhh how is it not spooling fast enough? stop bogging it!
just not spooling fully till about 2750. not sure why yet
so been fettling...lots of little issues I am trying to sort out. still not got round to having fun with the pump. But on inspection I have found I have only 80% throttle due to cable...lol so looking forward to 100%

Got me a fan switch sorted out....

[Image: 20130922_152749_zpsc08214d9.jpg]

Temp fitted my cool VDO dials...from a audi quattro for all those VAG lovers.
All wired in nice and neat as those dials sit on a circuit board and it came with the part loom Smile

[Image: 20130922_134114_zpseadb8c92.jpg]

Once I have sorted some other trim bits out, it will all come out, be glued in and filled/smoothed and painted to match. Should look nice and OEM.

Note the speedo/dials standard match the VDO gauges....wasnt a coincidence!

[Image: 20130922_134111_zps38a9c1bf.jpg]

Also note, much nice steering wheel! Its lovely and sits exactly where I want it. Can just reach the column controls Smile

Still none the wiser about my boot lock...sometimes not open. Always locks though. Wiring is fine. Guna try new servo next.

Next thing to do is replumb in new EGT and boost gauges which royal fail are sorting as we speak.
Also I have no fog light or glow plug warning lights with ph2 dials and I miss my oil level gauge....so the ph3 dials are in bits...will get the ph2 dials apart when take it all out for smoothing/painting and will make some Frankenstein ph2.5 dials!!

Aux auto tensioner has decided it doesnt want to run true anymore, wearing edge of belt rather quick...so up early to whip it out and replace with manual.

Otherwise its running just fine Smile need to get fuel/boost sorted though!! and get to a local RR for proper setup. Ruan rekons remove use of LDA....but that scares me too much!
I also need to raise the rear, just 10mm or so, sits that little bit too low that it irritates me. But all came apart quite well and we cleaned it all up and greased it...so cant see it being too much of an issue.

Still looking for a new bonnet Sad
Really looking awesome dude, id leave the ride height where it is.
nah if you see it side on, due to the front end being where it is...spot on for me...makes it look like I got a heffer in the boot.
I may wait till I done the ICE install and then adjust as that will weigh a few kgs!
The walnut kinda works, needs more to make it lol.Very tidy install though, progressing nicely man. Wish i could get through my own like this. lol
eek no.

dont like the walnut...although its REAL wood, not fake! lol
green turd gone Sad

[Image: 20130924_130802_zpsc6b3bd9f.jpg]

bit sad to see her go to be honest. oh well...on to better, faster, comfier things.

I am in process of working out the rear ride height. Its only subtle but note the following:

[Image: 20130924_102910_zpsbb713aa1.jpg]
[Image: 20130924_103009_zps393c59c4.jpg]

one is raised by about 15mm. I know its picky...but I think it needs raising that little bit. Just matches up with the front more.
front needs to go down 15mm :p
I wondered how long that would take lol ...nah sits lovely and rides spot on. Its on eibachs so I dont have option of lowering it anymore anyway.

Remember, OEM+, GT style. So felt spec, useless height isnt an option Smile
Definitely go up at the back then Smile

I've only just realised that my attempt at lowering my zx has just put it back to stock height, was 306 estate/tractor spec before - need more lows...
I love it at the height it is on the front but it just looks like Im carrying my weeks shopping all the time with the rear height. Will have a go at it maybe sunday.
Tbf the cut of the bodywork doesn't help, the lip of the rear arches are an inch or so lower than that of the fronts. Looks cleaner in the second pic though imo, fair play.
yeah. Twas my thought.
Guna get all me ice in the boot first then I can really see what adjustment I need!!!
Looks much better with the back end up dude.
man up and lower the front ffs
My car is 40mm all around, so still has pugs dragster effect suspension...only cool people keep it + if it's level and you go shopping/holiday is looks/feels broken lol
(26-09-2013, 06:04 AM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]man up and lower the front ffs

hey! even you said so at action day!
i was just humoring you lol
OK.

SO picked up a Nissens rad last night on way back from seeing 1000s of mins at CC.

Just looking at it I know it will help the old 2.1 keeping cooler! So will try and fit that.

Also was getting concerned over mpgs...despite I suppose it bedding in, fiddling with pump, taking on Audis and doing 30-70runs (not cheating in 2nd from 25mph!!! Tongue )....I was getting 40mpg...not bad I suppose....then found my fuel tank was leaking at the filler elbow! lol

[Image: 20130927_115129_zps88291bfe.jpg]

So, Niall sorting me another one early next week...currently got car parked up at a angle to keep fuel away from elbow!

Then its play time with a box of stuff...........

[Image: 20130927_130045_zps1c622a32.jpg]

ninja

Oh and I am in the market for a GT1749s....was fitted to a few different 2.2dci/diesels around 1998-2000 if anyone spots one for decent dollar Wink
Thats not bad with a leaky elbow. On a run on VEG mine was doing over 60mpg though
As pedantic as you are on the forums, this project has so much attention to detail...in fact that's probably because you are pedantic Tongue This is shaping up to be one of the most mature cars on here Smile
(29-09-2013, 01:32 PM)306Puggy Wrote: [ -> ]This is shaping up to be one of the most mature cars on here Smile

you may want to rethink that comment when you see my winter plans! haha!
Why the gt17? Can you not just sort the fuelling out so the gt20 spools properly?
(30-09-2013, 06:02 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Why the gt17? Can you not just sort the fuelling out so the gt20 spools properly?

ninja