306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(27-06-2014, 08:28 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Would a "2.1 GTd GTb" badge be too much?! Undecided

Hahaha lmao

Simply put - yes it would.

Just a DTurbo badge is enough imo.. Who needs to know what capacity it is etc..
I was joking...
Wow you Jap nerds really take things too seriously Tongue

I'm on the hunt for the Xantia 2.1TurboD badges which go on the door...just wana try them to see what they look like.

That or a GLX badge!!
Does anyone even look at badges? I've never understood the sleeper thing of putting different badges on... I find badges are just annoying when detailing lol.
(27-06-2014, 08:35 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]I was joking...
Wow you Jap nerds really take things too seriously Tongue

I'm on the hunt for the Xantia 2.1TurboD badges which go on the door...just wana try them to see what they look like.

That or a GLX badge!!

You don't wanna see me when I'm serious brah! Censored

I don't take anything very seriously on forums and it's hard to portray how you intend to have something read through a simple couple lines of text.. Blush

Phase 3's look better de-badged if you ask me. Slickkkkk!
Theres just a zilliom debadged ph3s out there...bit too much the norm for me!!
I can send you a 320d badge if you want to mix things up a little?
I have a badge that says " I was brave at the dentists today".
Had a word with the little'un and he will part with it for a fiver and a bag of Haribo starmix.
Get some BMW style "MSport" or "M Power" badges if you want to be a sleeper. Nothing fast ever has those badges on, Usually 318i's and 520d's
The XM seems to have TurboSD badges.

Quite like the idea of that. Hmmm. Maybe not...I still want a GTd badge but one that wont look tacky...IE chrome letters...

In other news:

Fitted some QH drop links today, as the 12k mile old £8.99 a pair links had split their boots. No play though! But much happier with a £23 set from factors ..kept box and receipt for future use within 12k miles!! Haha

Also found my suspension creak...believe to be a bolt that wasnt quite at the right torque setting.

Also swapped the spacers front to back...see in the AM if that fixes me wheel wobble. Heres hoping so!
They did a Mk2 golf "GTD" you could use one of them for the badge? I warn you tho Ive not seen one under £20 seem like a rare badge.
Or just get chrome ones and paint them black?
just shove an XUD badge on the arse end! that's it.
lol at this debate. Got more pressing matters to try and sort!! Like more GTB and a decent clutch sorted

On good news, the wheel wobble does seem to have all but gone. This after swapping the spacers front to back.

So looks like the proper job bolt on hubcentrics are out somehow.

Not sure if its cheaper to get another set, or have these refaced at a engineering shop!?
As I dont need to rush to get the GTB on, I thought I may aswell try and sort some decent pipes for it to be fed and then blow through...

Queue grinder...

[attachment=17241]

Not sure how to sort the inlet...theres SO little room at the back.

Main issue is the matrix pipes...the flexi bits can obviously be redone...but is there only one type of thr fixed part of the matrix pipes? I basically need them to point away or up to give me some room!
so found a mint moonstone bonnet at scrappies...went to get it...1hour away...

fitted it....to find its the wrong shade. Oh and it now has a dent/chip where I dropped a tool on it. Now I feel like a tool. Bit gutted as Im getting a mint front bumper at fcs.

Still cant feel car wobble/vibration at speed....thinking its driveshafts now. not much else left.

Serviced all the brakes for Pugfest, did a torque check of all the bolts too. And put another 1/2 litre of water in it......matrix needs doing!!!! Oil hasnt dropped a mm though. Good as gold!

Quick wash, if I can be bothered, and Im done!
(11-07-2014, 06:49 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]so found a mint moonstone bonnet at scrappies...went to get it...1hour away...

fitted it....to find its the wrong shade. Oh and it now has a dent/chip where I dropped a tool on it. Now I feel like a tool. Bit gutted as Im getting a mint front bumper at fcs.

Still cant feel car wobble/vibration at speed....thinking its driveshafts now. not much else left.

Serviced all the brakes for FCS, did a torque check of all the bolts too. And put another 1/2 litre of water in it......matrix needs doing!!!! Oil hasnt dropped a mm though. Good as gold!

Quick wash, if I can be bothered, and Im done!

FCS?! You're thinking a bit far ahead aren't you?!
erm....I didnt say FCS! Angel Itwasntme
(11-07-2014, 07:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]erm....I didnt say FCS! Angel Itwasntme

I must be seeing things!
(24-06-2014, 09:43 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Thats how modern diesels have such light clutches but with higher and higher torque figures. Hydraulic clutch FTW!

The cruise ship has a hydraulic clutch and it makes stop/start driving so much easier

Just whack on LXTD badges for the win piggy Smile
Reminded myself how much I like this at pugfest, so very tidy. Looked pretty quick up the hill too tbf.
Needs some more tidying for sure. But not sure I can be bothered. Every time I find a mint panel, it gets dinged withing a week Sad

Was happy up the hill...60sec run was my best...but she has more in her as the clutch slip was maaaaad!

Was so much fun, thankyou poodle for he extra two bargain runs....sooooooo happy with those!!! Made my day Smile
I had a run without anyone but couldnt find you to offer a seat!
Shouldn't have any clutch slip now Smile
I'll Just leave this here (it's the full size version)
[attachment=17586]
ta pal...

theres also an epic one in black and white of me coming through the esses by that John guy who did all the pics...need to find that...also want to contact him and buy it off him, maybe get a canvass of it.

RE: clutch, I'm guna email CG about it first....it kinda looks ruined tbh on closer inspection Undecided
Don't see how it's ruined

Ash 23 wanted to buy it he saw it in person and said it was fine also confirmed the grooves are normal

Could always sell it onto him and pay £ra*e.99 for a new one
Im uploading my pics later and i think i have some decent ones of ures piggy
Fire up some pics of the clutch piggy and let me have a look.

Kinda want to compare it to my own, as I noticed the plate looks like its down to the rivets in some places although pressure plate isnt scored or anything
Impressive hill climb time dude, especially with the clutch slipping Smile
(14-07-2014, 03:22 PM)mcglynn Wrote: [ -> ]Fire up some pics of the clutch piggy and let me have a look.

Kinda want to compare it to my own, as I noticed the plate looks like its down to the rivets in some places although pressure plate isnt scored or anything

[Image: DSCF3282_zps47e51fda.jpg]
[Image: DSCF3284_zpse9e88f2b.jpg]
[Image: DSCF3287_zpsd3d48901.jpg]

Its only the one side though, non flywheel side. Which is odd. You can see on the pressure plate where the rivet is making its mark and the lip in the face on the edges where its worn down across the entire face.

CG have come back to me saying another tech is looking into it as they cannot understand how it could have worn so much in 2000miles, but if I want they now can supply me with a brand new Kevlar clutch/pressure plate for £180 plus delivery. Wish they had told me that before Undecided

(14-07-2014, 03:22 PM)Damo Wrote: [ -> ]Im uploading my pics later and i think i have some decent ones of ures piggy

nice one matey! Smile
Kevlar XUD clutch? Yum yum!