306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The Racetractor. The End.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
grinding valves is always fun..... lol
Grinding valves is always fun.......lol

Why not put all your videos together into a guide? Will make them easier to find!
guide on here?!

I am limited to length at the minute on youtube, but they are in a playlist on my youtube channel ThumbsUp
port grinding time!! mwahahahaha

Your obviously getting YouTube hits now as they deem it necessary to show me ads before your bid. Looking good man. Lapping valves is boring but a necessary evil.
Am I mad... I do like lapping in valves!!! Confused just assume others find it massively boring!
Tbh, the porting thing would've bored me enough....lapping valves even more!

I just have no patience though! lol
(14-11-2014, 07:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Am I mad... I do like lapping in valves!!! Confused just assume others find it massively boring!

Depends how you do it. Years ago when i was on 106OC, there was a guy rebuilding a engine and he said oh, lapping valves doesn't take long at all.

Turns out he had put his suction cup stick in a drill and was covering the valves in paste and just spinning them up in one direction really quickly lol
The drill method isnt great to be honest. A seen it done before. On a little 1.1 tu engine it would do the job. On a performance or tight tolerance vehicle there is no alternative in my eyes than taking your time and putting some graft in properly.
Yeah Ive done that before. Gives them a good start but isnt a good enough finish for my liking
lapping valves is one of those tedious jobs thats is satisfying when there all done so understand when you say you enjoy it lol

how long before its back on the road..?
Put head back together tomorrow.

Put head on car sunday I hope!
Good video and great jobs Piggy Sunday to see if you let all mounted.
videos are longer so taking some time to upload...

heads rebuilt:

[attachment=20106]

turbo oil return line replaced too and block cleaned up. Headbolt threads in the block cleaned out too.

[attachment=20107]

Itwasntme

honing marks still clearly visible too ThumbsUp
Shiny! Big Grin
I was so close!!

[attachment=20120]

Light was fading and I had 6bolts and oil fill to do to see if she would fire....

Then my best mate rang and said his clutch had just gone!
Doh! Be out early tomorrow before work...praying it dont rain like forecast says it will!
finally got it edited...

Dang you got that back together quick
Well, the un-levelled dubstep at the end successfully scared the shit out of me and the missus, we're awake! lol

Looks good dude, will be so tidy when it's all complete.
Yeah I did that on purpose tbh, I thought peeps maybe getting a bit bored by that point in the video!! lol
It does look very clean in that engine bay Smile

I'm on my laptop via mobile broadband so haven't watched the videos but; did you check the valve seat seals with paraffin before reassembling it all?

That would be a killer.
Nah I didnt grant.
No need imo

Those seats are perfect!
If you're confident then!

I think I would cry after all that work, to have compression issues rooting from valve seats.

Looking forwards to seeing this up and running Smile
I never test mine either no need. You can tell there ok. But thats my opinion.

Also though am looking forward to this running again. Do like the vids though.
Wouldn't say you can tell. I tested mine and had 2 with a slight leak even though the seats looked perfect. If you've got it apart, it would be silly not to really.
a 6 is a bit different to an xud, thinner valve stems.
Why would that affect valve seating?
you heard the phrase "tapper" right? lol
Stop bickering. Seats are bang on.

It runs!

It boosts!

It just...well...doesnt have the umph it did...like its lacking fuel somehow. Hmm
Glad it runs. But not good on less umph