306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Collected my subframe earlier and set about refitting everything. Finally got everything ready to get the car on the road! (some assembly required) 

[attachment=28081]
Seen this on Facebook. Looks lovely.
Got a lot done today, inspired to get it on the road quicker than ever now I know how cheap it is to insure this year 

Anyway, subframe fitted, interesting job by yourself involving balancing it on my shoulder while putting the bolts through with my free hand lol 

Really glad I got it coated as it instantly makes everything underneath look 10x better 
[attachment=28090]

While the exhaust and gear linkages are off i finally got around to fitting the quickshift I've had for around 2 years lmao

Took about an hour of fiddling with the length of the shaft (giggedy)  to get it right, be interested to see how it is whilst driving, but just from changing gear sat in the car it feels a million times better than the knackered nylon ball did 
[attachment=28091]

I'll carry on tomorrow, hoping to get the struts and remaining front end back together and as much else as there's time for
what quickshift is that? is it the original stuck or have you transferred the reverse mechanism?
(25-06-2016, 09:18 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]what quickshift is that? is it the original stuck or have you transferred the reverse mechanism?

Baker bm one I bought ages ago and forgot I had until I came across it earlier lmao

I just carefully cut the reverse collar off then glued it back together once I'd set the throw how I wanted
Suspension and brakes done :Smile

Hubs cleaned and coated with zinc paint, ran a thread cutting die down the wheel studs to clean the threads out and refitted with fresh loctite. 

New strut top mounts and bearings, Bilsteins and eibachs fitted with new pinch bolts. 

Brembos serviced, cleaned and built back up with plenty of copper grease in an attempt to keep the squeal at bay. 
[attachment=28102]
New droplinks and track rod ends while I was there, all ready to go on the running gear side of things now
Looks stunning.
Electric power steering pump mounted and connected, fits quite nicely in the same location as it would be on the 106 it was liberated from originally 
[attachment=28135]

Also a massive thanks to Matt for lending me his scorpion exhaust until I can sort my own exhaust out. What a sir
Remind me what you said about scorpion exhausts on fb? lmao

Looking very nice though!
(01-07-2016, 08:36 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]Remind me what you said about scorpion exhausts on fb? lmao

Looking very nice though!

Isn't my first choice of system sure, but I'm willing to give it a good try :lmao

It's a million times better than my blowing magnex already haha
Welcome sir Smile at least one of our 306's will be at pugfest lol
(02-07-2016, 07:29 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome sir Smile at least one of our 306's will be at pugfest lol

You're not driving in your 306? Diesel would be the economical choice you know... lmao
Productive afternoon today, cars 90% done, hopefully finish it in the morning :Smile

Brakes bled with fresh 5.1 fluid, arch liners back on the front, scorpion exhaust fitted (much better fit than the magnex) with new exhaust gaskets, clamps and fitting kit, silicone coolant hoses fitted, proper gti6 Nissens radiator, welded on some new brackets for the oil cooler, cleaned out all the leaves under the scuttle, tidied up some wiring, new numberplates, fuel lines refitted along with new stainless clips throughout the engine bay. 

Tomorrow I've got to wire the cooling fans in, service items, slam panel, lights and front bumper back on plus whatever I forgot today 
[attachment=28140]
[attachment=28139]
[attachment=28141]
Good effort pal...
Actually rather excited about seeing this.
Again, like Piggy I'm rather excited to see this in the flesh but shouldn't the discs be the other way round?
Looks so nice!! Be a shame to take it outside and ruin it now. Confused
(03-07-2016, 10:26 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Again, like Piggy I'm rather excited to see this in the flesh but shouldn't the discs be the other way round?

Aha you're not the first person to bring it up, I've talked to loads of people about it and basically come to the conclusion that the fins should be cutting into the pad and then centrifugal force flings hot dust out. I've had them both ways around and noticed no difference so I'll just stick with what motorsporty type people have told me

(03-07-2016, 10:54 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks so nice!!  Be a shame to take it outside and ruin it now. Confused

Aha it will be kind of heartbreaking to take it out of the unit and across the gravely mud outside

Another good day spent on the car, although annoyingly it isn't quite ready to get on its wheels and road test yet, mostly due to having to work around problems that I've created by moving things around under the bonnet. 

With the new epas setup there was no longer any room for the original air intake setup I made so after about an hour of trying to move it around in a load of different places I've just had to put the biggest filter I could fit straight on the throttle body then make as good an air flow I could with the space given. 

Next problem, getting reverse to engage with the new quickshift. Lots of fiddling around with collars and shaft length (inb4giggedy) again. 

All front end went back together with no problems, become quite quick with the old 306 face on/off routine haha 

Oil changed, new spark plugs, new gear oil including redline lsd additive, thankfully there are no leaked from the diff housing, cooling fans wired in, epas pump wired in, coolant bled, interior reassembled, handbrake cables tensioned, and replaced all the tarnished engine bay bolts I could find with nice new ones 
[attachment=28145]

I'll be straight over after work tomorrow to get the last few jobs done
getting close now then man. looks epic.
(03-07-2016, 07:58 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]getting close now then man. looks epic.

Cheers buddy, can't wait to drive it now!
Awesome work every time I open this thread.
One of the cleanest 306s out there.
(03-07-2016, 08:19 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome work every time I open this thread.
One of the cleanest 306s out there.

Thanks buddy Smile
What everyone else said, really nice work and very, very clean car. Lots of things on here that I aspire to do to mine someday. Smile
Hope your ready for the manliest gearbox knock ever

"knock knock" said the man diff! Big Grin

"Dude your cvs are hanging" No there not shut up ha!
(03-07-2016, 09:31 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]Hope your ready for the manliest gearbox knock ever

"knock knock" said the man diff! Big Grin

"Dude your cvs are hanging" No there not shut up ha!

Haha I have heard about how noisey the 3j can be lmao looking on the 6 forum about them, the redline friction modifier seems to help

(03-07-2016, 09:12 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]What everyone else said, really nice work and very, very clean car. Lots of things on here that I aspire to do to mine someday. Smile

Thanks man, it's nice that it's taking shape after 6 months being stuck on the ramp
yeah ive abit in mine not too much as it will stop the plates from doing there thing
Cracking stuff dude! if you need help in the evenings you know my time is free for you too use Smile
Well, it runs! 

Couple of problems with the power steering, firstly a huge leak from the return pipe from a split I failed to notice, and the switching doesn't seem to work properly, as it doesn't always turn the pump off when the ignition goes off, but very nearly there! 

Straightened the tracking the best I could without the proper equipment, it ought to be good enough to drive to the tyre place to have laser alignment. 

Even put the compomotives on, a sight I haven't seen for a long time lmao
[attachment=28150]
Dem rimz....
I have found the magnex centre pipe.. just saying Wink left it behind the old 205 door for you behind my unit dude Smile
(05-07-2016, 07:07 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]I have found the magnex centre pipe.. just saying Wink left it behind the old 205 door for you behind my unit dude Smile

Ah legend sir! 

I shall retrieve that later then see what can be made of it after pugfest Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35