306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Wow! Thats RED!! Stand out much!! Lol
Very nice shinies! This car is getting into really great shape!
I'd have thought the cam covers would be fine, especially with an extra beading of RTV around the seals they hopefully won't have sealing issues.
(04-08-2014, 10:48 AM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice shinies! This car is getting into really great shape!
I'd have thought the cam covers would be fine, especially with an extra beading of RTV around the seals they hopefully won't have sealing issues.

Cheers dude, I'm glad that you like what I'm doing compared to your level of ocd restoration haha

I'll update with pics of the roller bearing bushes later for those fans of mechanical engineering amongst you haha

Ooh, I also picked up a hybrid rear beam on the weekend, the beam will be going on my estate but the massive arb however..... It might accidently fall into the gti6 :p
Looking good mate will tidy up the bay no end.
That arb needs to fall into the 6 get on it already Wink
(04-08-2014, 11:05 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2014, 10:48 AM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice shinies! This car is getting into really great shape!

Cheers dude, I'm glad that you like what I'm doing compared to your level of ocd restoration haha

I'll update with pics of the roller bearing bushes later for those fans of mechanical engineering amongst you haha

Ooh, I also picked up a hybrid rear beam on the weekend, the beam will be going on my estate but the massive arb however..... It might accidently fall into the gti6 :p

I haven't really got that much done, but looking at getting the lacquer peel sorted soon which is good. At least yours has a working rev counter!

I want to do a full suspension change as well at some point but I've not really got the tools and haven't done it before so it'll be slow, and as the car is a daily I can't take it off the road for 2 weeks while I hit things with hammers and swear. lmao

I bet the car handles really well now! Roller bearing pictures would be appreciated but then I am an engineer by trade... Big Grin

Hopefully soon you'll have a really massive fall over and the throttle bodies will land in the engine bay!
(04-08-2014, 02:45 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2014, 11:05 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]

I haven't really got that much done, but looking at getting the lacquer peel sorted soon which is good. At least yours has a working rev counter!

I want to do a full suspension change as well at some point but I've not really got the tools and haven't done it before so it'll be slow, and as the car is a daily I can't take it off the road for 2 weeks while I hit things with hammers and swear. lmao

I bet the car handles really well now! Roller bearing pictures would be appreciated but then I am an engineer by trade... Big Grin

Hopefully soon you'll have a really massive fall over and the throttle bodies will land in the engine bay!

If you were going for a complete suspension overhaul I'd get everything ready to bolt on to minimise time. 2 days should be plenty of time to do front and rear at a nice leisurely pace Smile
Agreed but something always causes a hold-up when I do things. lmao
Could even do fronts & rears on consecutive weekends and just drive very carefully in the week.

Can't wait to see this sometime!
You doing anything with your 106 rallye?
(04-08-2014, 05:47 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed but something always causes a hold-up when I do things. lmao
Could even do fronts & rears on consecutive weekends and just drive very carefully in the week.

Can't wait to see this sometime!
You doing anything with your 106 rallye?

Yeah man, I did front and rear separately too, looked pretty funny with the mother of all cheese wedge stances before the beam went on

Ah yes the rallye, that's waiting patiently for funding (which will probably come from the sale of the dturbo tbh) to do an ultra ocd rebuild. I've been involved with a 205 rally car at the moment and it's given me a lot of new enthusiasm to build the rallye into an immaculate track ready monster Smile
Some pictures now I have proper Internet.....
Powerflex Bumpstead...... Never fitted them before but looks easy enough [Image: received_m_mid_1407054287136_97ed0a3dbb0...aad88.jpeg]

And my new project, which I can already see being a pain in the arse, the beginnings of roller bearing wishbones.....
Big plans for these which will eventually result in fully adjustable and extremely tough bottom arms

Bushes compared with an oem rubber type
[Image: 20140804_204004_zps1f7d58cb.jpg]

And this is where work is required, you can see on the oem roller bush the centre is protruding which is what allows it to rotate in the subframe, an essential part that's missing from the solid version that will need solving with a spherical joint or something....

Potential business in the works if it's successful
[Image: 20140804_204015_zpsbf6bae45.jpg]
I'd love a 106 rallye! Looking forward to seeing your progress with that.
hmm interesting.

be interesting how you feel about the bumpstops when your swearing trying to get them to fit!!
(04-08-2014, 09:16 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]hmm interesting.

be interesting how you feel about the bumpstops when your swearing trying to get them to fit!!

Aha so you've encountered them on yours?

Is it a case of pop the rubber ones out and try squeeze the powerflex in?
yeah, dead simple. Tongue
(04-08-2014, 09:34 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, dead simple. Tongue

Haha, I'll give myself a few hours then :p
(04-08-2014, 08:07 PM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love a 106 rallye! Looking forward to seeing your progress with that.

Despite being in the worst condition of my little pug fleet I think the rallye is still my favourite. They just have so much character and are an absolute riot to drive, the gti6 feels quite sluggish and numb at times compared to the 800kg rallye haha

I have been eyeing up getting a mint s2 in indigo blue just because haha
Not had much going on with this recently, been too busy at work and stripping cars to even drive it, but since the dturbo is being broken I thought id put aside a couple of bits for the 6 Smile

Now my standard gti6 calipers with mintex pads are damned good, but not quite as good as 4 pots sooooooo
[Image: 20140814_202644_zps59cb3eca.jpg]

got full set of braided hoses to go on too, also going to pick up a few bottles of 5.1 fluid to give it that extra edge :p

also to go on if I feel like it, a 16 row oil cooler plus the bits that have arrived back from powdercoating, but the MOT is due next month so i'll just put it through as it is at the moment since its all 100% currently Smile
If you're going to run this as a daily/regularly I'd suggest figuring out a way to blank the oil cooler in the cold months, or at least partially block off airflow? Otherwise when not hooning the oil just won't be warm enough, on the motorway on an icy january morning for example.
Or just a thermostatic take off plate.

Brakes look ace mate... I be interested in the gti calipers if they are in good nick
Yeah I was thinking about the need for an oil cooler, and it'll probably be fitted at the same time as the bodies, doesn't really need it at the moment but I'm sure the oil temperatures will shoot up with more power and higher rpm's

As for my 6 calipers, I'll probably hang onto them for the rallye since they've only been recently rebuilt and painted aha
(15-08-2014, 05:44 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Or just a thermostatic take off plate.

Brakes look ace mate... I be interested in the gti calipers if they are in good nick

D'oh. Yes, wasn't thinking. Smile
Picked up a couple of new additions Smile

Red PAS fluid cap just because
[Image: 20140817_215333_zps0fc1280a.jpg]

And a 406 v6 brake master cylinder to go with my brembos, all in the pursuit of that oem peddle feel lol. Hopefully clearance between the new MC and the bonnet won't be an issue
[Image: 20140817_215317_zps60cd48e9.jpg]
Like the red PAS cap...I 'upgraded' to the black washer bottle filler neck with the blue top like you've got as I had a white/half-clear horrible one.
OCD ftw. Big Grin
much attention to detail going on here!
(18-08-2014, 10:19 AM)mr_fish Wrote: [ -> ]much attention to detail going on here!

That's the plan Smile

Although it will be extensively modified, I want it to be fitted in a way that would look like it was there from factory. A lot different to what I've done previously with my projects, no intercooler hanging out or a dashboard full of gauges here haha
Picked myself up a 106 epas Setup to make room for the bodies, plus I suspect my current pas pump may be dyeing slowly as it's sounding a bit grindy for lack of a better technical term lol [Image: received_m_mid_1408451710460_e032ff55c8d...751fb.jpeg]

The idea is that being intended for a car that weighs approx 150kg less than the gti6, it'll be a bit heavier (which I like) yet still have that assistance there for slow speed maneuvering around town or whatever
It is heavier mate Smile. I find mine perfect now. Just enough assistance when dry steering.
Ditto... it's perfect. ;-)
Wire it into the ignition so I still have pas if the engine blows up lmao
Haha mine is on as soon as I switch the ignition on. Breakdown steering ftw!
Do you think a time will ever come where I'll get to properly see this in person?! The last few meets have had you absent (fair enough, distance) and when I went to speak to you at pugfest I forgot what I was going to say! So kind of just stood there like a lemon Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35