306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
what's? the plywood for?
(25-04-2016, 08:53 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]what's? the plywood for?

its a copy of the Peugeot tool for locking the camshaft pulleys to enable the centre bolt to be torqued up correctly

[attachment=27361]
(25-04-2016, 09:03 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-04-2016, 08:53 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]what's? the plywood for?

its a copy of the Peugeot tool for locking the camshaft pulleys to enable the centre bolt to be torqued up correctly

clever stuff! ThumbsUp
Ah nice one cully, I was trying to think of who I'd seen that had made something for the job
pin the flywheel and the cam pulleys job done
My bodies are fitted... I win. You lose. WINNNARRRR

those arches look mint... Mine do not... I'm jealous...
(25-04-2016, 07:02 PM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]My bodies are fitted... I win. You lose. WINNNARRRR

those arches look mint... Mine do not... I'm jealous...

Yeah but sam you havent even taken your skirts off so when your car snaps in half from bwarps and zakks does not.. our reasoning will make sense lol
It won't snap in half, the skirts are holding it together fine atm... Big Grin
Not much done recently, but I've been cleaning bits whilst they're off the car, it's the little things that count when trying to tidy up an ageing car like these 306s 
[Image: 20160430_182655_zpslipu9vh7.jpg]

[Image: 20160430_182715_zpsuzjd4ium.jpg]
Dishwasher? lol
(30-04-2016, 07:14 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]Dishwasher? lol

Steam cleaner haha
Matt came over today and shit got done for once lmao
Cambelt is now spot on after making some tools to tension it properly and make the job alot easier in the future, quite glad I did decide to do the belt as it was looking a bit worn and to me seemed a bit slack. 

Also started to put my new beam back together with the powdercoated bits and new wheel bearings 
[attachment=27476]
(01-05-2016, 06:53 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]Matt came over today and shit got done for once lmao
Cambelt is now spot on after making some tools to tension it properly and make the job alot easier in the future, quite glad I did decide to do the belt as it was looking a bit worn and to me seemed a bit slack. 

Also started to put my new beam back together with the powdercoated bits and new wheel bearings 

What size are those bolts? Replacing my beam soon, and would be nice with some new nuts and bolts Smile
All the bolts on the rear beam are various lengths of m12 and m8
and m14.
New beam ready to bolt up. It looks too good to fit to the underside of a car haha 
[attachment=27503]
looks good zac! id advise you turning the rear mounting bolts around tho as you may not be able to get them out again when needed.
(02-05-2016, 07:42 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]looks good zac! id advise you turning the rear mounting bolts around tho as you may not be able to get them out again when needed.

Ah good point actually, I'll change them around tomorrow Smile
just dont make the misstake with the top shock bolt! Wink
Looks good, that beam is soo shiny! What rear hubs/wheel bearings did you use? they look as shiny aha, got some conti direct continentals to go on mine Smile
(02-05-2016, 11:25 PM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good, that beam is soo shiny! What rear hubs/wheel bearings did you use? they look as shiny aha, got some conti direct continentals to go on mine Smile

I got a pair of FAG rear hub assemblys, try to only use skf or fag when it comes to bearings for anything as that's what would be oem fitted by pretty much every manufacturer
Ah cheers Ozone Smile Will see how these will last, were only £28 posted so!
I also have solid beam mounts and really like them, can get a little more skittish over rough ground though compared to standard mounts though, other than that and a bit more vibration, I find them really good Smile
Future/coming up shortly plans for your car? Smile
fag is genuine aswell Smile
Tonights activities mostly involved un-seizing this wonderful contraption.... 
[attachment=27526]

All great when it works but it had managed to seize fully closed this time, took alot of plusgas to get it moving at all! Hopefully it should be good for a while after the cleaning it's going to get lmao

Oh, and I changed the bolts around on the beam for future ease of beam mount removal
Boot floor is finished now, just got a lot of masking tape to peel off and brake lines to put back on, then time to fit the new beam 
[attachment=27617]
Looking good pal....considering hidden brake lines like the scoobys n evos?!
(11-05-2016, 05:09 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good pal....considering hidden brake lines like the scoobys n evos?!

Eventually Yeah, I'd like to sack off the compensator too eventually and go for a manual bias valve but at the moment I'm having to compromise on some things so that it actually gets on the road this year..
Thats looking good now mate Big Grin give me a call when you wanna get the beam on and we'll have an evening on it Wink
Refurbished brake compensator back together and painted
[attachment=27656]

And finally have the new beam fitted! Bit of a balancing act with a couple of jacks and several axle stands doing it by myself but wasn't too bad really 
[attachment=27657]

Also got the rear bumper back on and I'll start to refit all the brake lines etc tomorrow
Got a couple more hours in today, beam mounts tightened, hub nuts tightened (200nm!), brake lines all cleaned up a treat with some thinners and started to put all the brackets and heat shields I had powdercoated back on. 

Just have an order I'm waiting for from spoox motorsport to arrive then that should be everything I need to get it back together and ready for pugfest
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35