306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Can't help but feel the thread title has been misleading for some time...

N E chance ov N E PIX ov trumpets M8?
(16-03-2016, 06:34 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: [ -> ]Can't help but feel the thread title has been misleading for some time...

It's work in progress I promise lmao
(16-03-2016, 08:27 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-03-2016, 06:34 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: [ -> ]Can't help but feel the thread title has been misleading for some time...

It's work in progress I promise lmao

Makeup
i've seen them... they are currently in the wrong peugeot lmao
(17-03-2016, 08:53 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]i've seen them... they are currently in the wrong peugeot lmao

Nice and safe in the 106 rallye storage cupboard :p
yeh the thread title is misleading.... maybe ill put bodies on mine before this is even started...
Too much painting going on! More Bwappp required.
Only got 10 weeks until fcs now so things will be happening Wink
(17-03-2016, 09:32 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]Only got 10 weeks until fcs now so things will be happening Wink
Didn't you say that last year?
(18-03-2016, 12:40 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-03-2016, 09:32 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]Only got 10 weeks until fcs now so things will be happening Wink
Didn't you say that last year?

Chris i thought after your performance at FCS last year you had wiped all memory of the weekend? Wink
Having a bit of an issue with demon tweeks at the moment, basically they've sent me B6 rear shocks instead of B8 that I ordered (note that on their website they list both B6 and b8 dampers for the rear, each with different part numbers and prices)  long story short, I sent them back to be exchanged for the ones I ordered and now they're telling me that Bilstein don't manufacturer a shortened damper for cars with a torsion bar rear suspension as they don't need it. 

Does anyone have proper b8s on the rear of their 306? I'm sure they exist as the koni dampers Im looking to replace are a good 30mm or so shorter than the Bilsteins I was sent. 

Or failing that, is there a b8 shortened damper for a 205/xsara vts that would be the right fit?
speak to bilstein, there's loads they do that'll fit.
According to the Bilstein catalogue, there are no B8 rear shocks. The B8 kit comes with B6 rear shocks instead.

I think Paul_13 has put Bilstein 205 Challenge rear shocks on his estate, not sure how he's got on with them though. If the B6 rear shocks in my kit are pants, then I may go that way myself (Got some redundant ones on my 205 - That's going Grp A tarmac rears).

Pretty sure the Bilstein 205 Challenge shocks cost a few quid mind.
(22-03-2016, 01:49 PM)Alan_M Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure the Bilstein 205 Challenge shocks cost a few quid mind.

Assuming you mean the 1038's then they're pretty cheap - £160 a pair delivered from PLR, which is cheaper than it costs to get Bilstein to service/overhaul them!
Ive got 205 tarmac group A dampers on the ZX, cost a bit more than Challenge like Anthony said, mine are about £240 a set iirc, challenge £160 delivered or thereabouts.

main difference is the damping rate and oil capacity, challenge stuff should be 0k on standard bars as long as youre not rallying.
I've had the B6 sent back after speaking to the chaps at Bilstein as at my new ride height they should be ok. Any issues then I'll be back in touch with demon tweeks. Once you can actually get through to the customer service guys they're very helpful
[Image: 20160323_204241_zpsbwr9gnnq.jpg]
The parts pile grows ever bigger but still no time to fit anything :'(
Finally had a day off to get some jobs done, going to be cutting it pretty close to get everything done by fcs. 

Took all the arch liners out as there's a couple of patches that need attention before they rust, few bits on the boot floor that I've stripped back and resealed too. 

Taking all the running gear off as it's all being upgraded and more bits ready for powder coating. 

Started running new battery cable from the engine bay to the boot as I need to clear some room under the bonnet ready for the jenveys. 

[Image: IMG_20160326_180142_zpsw2jbgo0v.jpg]
eugh all of the shinies! D:
Had another day free since a machine delivery didn't turn up so locked myself in the unit armed with rolls of sand paper and paint. 

Cleaned out all the dust and flakey paint in and around the arches, removed as much wiring and pipes as I needed, sanded all the original paint and stone chip off, primed and painted silver like we do on the rally cars at work 

[Image: IMG_20160328_201040_zpsxnsxumu9.jpg]

Left it to dry now but may need another coat later in the week. I'll attack the boot floor and underside with the same treatment when I can some more time to do so
Working more local again this week so I can crack on in the evenings again Big Grin

Added a second coat of silver to the arches and started stripping the underseal off the boot floor ready for the same treatment. Really starting to notice the places where these 306s will start to rust badly as they age, get your bumpers and sideskirts off and have a look is my advice lmao
I admire your attention to detail.
All of your vehicles are meticulously maintained.
That is all.
More jenveys

/Thread
Been a bit busy with work recently but I have been Chipping away at the job list, I've finished the underseal touch-up and the arches are all looking great, I've taken the rear brake compensator valve apart to free it up a bit although I'll be looking to get rid of it completely at some point and fitting a manual bias valve instead. 

Other than that I've just been cleaning and painting a few bits like the rear arb (didn't get it powder coated as it's an incredibly tight fit in the tube as it is) and front strut assembly ready to refit over the week

(06-04-2016, 06:26 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: [ -> ]I admire your attention to detail.
All of your vehicles are meticulously maintained.
That is all.

Cheers dude Smile

(06-04-2016, 07:59 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]More jenveys

/Thread

Working on that Wink
Started to swap bits off my two subframes today, removing everything off one ready to seam weld it and taking the steering racks apart to swap the gti6 ram onto the xsara rack.  
[Image: 20160423_161743_zpsnlxwpysv.jpg]
Been putting it off for ages now so decided to finally get on and change the cambelt 
[Image: 20160424_190124_zpsfv6cs77i.jpg]

Not a bad job really, much more straightforward than an hdi
(24-04-2016, 06:37 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]Been putting it off for ages now so decided to finally get on and change the cambelt 
[Image: 20160424_190124_zpsfv6cs77i.jpg]

Not a bad job really, much more straightforward than an hdi

Is that before or after you realise its the wrong crank pulley? Wink
How can it be more straightforward than a HDi? Only one cam! Confused

I'm still in 2 minds whether to do mine. Was told it was done 'about a year ago' but can't find any history of it. The crank pulley also looks pretty knackered. Don't wanna mess it up though lol.
After lmao, the original must've broken at some point and been replaced with an xud one by the looks, Xu10 pulley on and it all lined up perfect.

Just need to make a tool today to hold the cams in position to tension that last little bit between the pulleys

(25-04-2016, 08:28 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]How can it be more straightforward than a HDi?  Only one cam! Confused

I'm still in 2 minds whether to do mine.  Was told it was done 'about a year ago' but can't find any history of it.  The crank pulley also looks pretty knackered.  Don't wanna mess it up though lol.

First of all the cam cover is one single piece with all the bolts in easy to reach places, belt route is easier to get at, tensioner (the 136 tooth anyway) is better and you don't need to drop the engine off the top mount to get at it. And I'm sure there's more room down the side to get your hands in than a diesel
(25-04-2016, 08:28 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]Just need to make a tool today to hold the cams in position to tension that last little bit between the pulleys
I made these they work a treat Wink
[Image: 20150829_173154.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35