306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Few more bits on this evening, all the brackets for the abs sensors, handbrake cables and brake hoses that were powdercoated and my new Bilstein shocks. Looking so good so far Smile
Pick up some new bolts from work tomorrow for the brake heat shields then get the discs and calipers on. 

[attachment=27674]

Focus on the front end next
This is epic mate! Total costs wouldn't be too pretty though!
I do keep a list of everything I've bought for this but I've never added it all up for obvious reasons haha
....yeah yeah...nice n shiney...wheres the jenveys Tongue
(16-05-2016, 08:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]....yeah yeah...nice n shiney...wheres the jenveys Tongue

Waiting for a parcel from spoox with hopefully the last few bits I need to fit them :p
Woop woop
looks so clean, be a shame to get it all dirty again

*jenveys!!!*
Looking a proper tidy job mate. Keep up the good work.

I look forward to seeing it all back together.
First of my spoox orders arrived today 
[attachment=27707]
Couple of little jobs for tomorrow
noice. Looking really tidy!
When you did the timing, what bottom pulley did you use?
No, no no no no, no little jobs... Get the ruddy jenveys on!

I want bwaarp
(20-05-2016, 09:18 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: [ -> ]When you did the timing, what bottom pulley did  you use?

For some reason it was fitted with the wrong pulley when I came to lock everything off, the hole was way off when the top end came into line and if I rotated it around so that the hole on the bottom pulley lined up it was too high up. 

Took the pulley off my spare j4rs engine in the end and used that as its in pretty good condition apart from being a bit rust. 
I understand that on occasions the rubber can perish and the centre of the pulley can rotate out of alignment with the timing hole?
This evenings progress. 
Rear end is finished, time to concentrate on the engine side of things ;Wink

Anyway, brakes and heatshields all back on, looks even cleaner under there now 
[attachment=27733]
Today's job: seam weld the subframe 
[attachment=27746]

Took alot longer than I anticipated as you really have to spend a while getting all the years of dried out oil and road grime out of all the little gaps you're trying to weld up. Queue a couple of hours spent with the wire brush, flap discs and plenty of thinners to try getting the grease off. If I was to do this more regularly I'd get it shot blasted first lol 

End resultlooks good though, just need to get it powdercoated now along with another box of parts I've been gathering
Dropped the subframe off the car today. Revealed many things in desperate need of cleaning. Car looks far from being pugfest ready at the moment but I shall continue to chip away at the jobs when I can. 
[attachment=27760]

While everything is so easily accessible I've been looking at another expensive purchase which would likely put back the throttle body installation but would get the most out of the car in the long term...  Hmmm
Diiiiiiifff
(24-05-2016, 05:48 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Diiiiiiifff

Yep lol. Would make sense as the Diff housing is nice and accessible at the moment :p
Looks incredible mate, this is how I want mine to turn out in the very long term lol

How come you sprayed the inner arches silver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seam welding the subframe is not fun. It's galvanised so you are best off using a propane torch to melt the shite out of the joint first but you don't want to be breathing that stuff in.

I had mine shotblasted first and it still melts sminge out of the joint.

Looking v tidy underneath.
(25-05-2016, 12:40 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks incredible mate, this is how I want mine to turn out in the very long term lol

How come you sprayed the inner arches silver?

All the rally cars at one of the places I work have silver arches as you can see if there's anything wrong immediately when you're looking under there. Plus I think it looks way tidier than black
It's a good idea in that case I suppose, are you putting the arch liners back in?

(25-05-2016, 01:13 PM)C2K Wrote: [ -> ]Seam welding the subframe is not fun. It's galvanised so you are best off using a propane torch to melt the shite out of the joint first but you don't want to be breathing that stuff in.

I had mine shotblasted first and it still melts sminge out of the joint.

Looking v tidy underneath.

I've got another couple of subframes that Im getting blasted then dipped to see how they weld then. Hopefully get a neater result than the first one

(25-05-2016, 05:07 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a good idea in that case I suppose, are you putting the arch liners back in?

Yeah man, the rears are already back in place. I'm all for giving it as much protection as possible lol
Tonights job. Rebuild my vts quick rack 

All the boots on it had perished and let all the grease out so fair bit of crap to clean off the moving parts 
[attachment=27772]

New boots, clamps, packed with fresh grease, new tie bars, new track rod ends and all given a thorough polishing. 

Also changed the ram over from the gti6 rack as that has the stop to prevent the wheel catching the gearbox on full lock
Vts rack all built up with new everything and gti6 ram swapped over. [attachment=27782]

New aux belt vs rallye aux belt it'll be replacing. 
Just need to find a way to tension it now 

[attachment=27783]
Parcel from 3j on its way Wink
YEY!! A man diff!
(27-05-2016, 08:34 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]YEY!! A man diff!

Spent many hours reading through all the forums on the subject and even though 3j where a little more expensive it should be worth it. The dual ramps are really something! This'll hopefully be one of the the best mods to the car to date haha
i love mine couldnt imagine driving it with out one now, wait till you get back into a car with a open diff then it hits you haha
(27-05-2016, 08:47 PM)Stef205 Wrote: [ -> ]i love mine couldnt imagine driving it with out one now, wait till you get back into a car with a open diff then it hits you haha

Yeah haha, gonna be quite the experience switching between the 6 and hdi when they're both on the road
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35