306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
So much win Big Grin Ive booked friday off work so if you would like the 6 to have the complete Matt valet treatment i might suggest leaving it in my unit thursday evening Wink
(02-06-2015, 07:37 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]So much win Big Grin Ive booked friday off work so if you would like the 6 to have the complete Matt valet treatment i might suggest leaving it in my unit thursday evening Wink
Luckily I had the foresight to book Friday off too Big Grin 

IIt is in desperate need of an epic cleaning session as there's a good 6 months worth of dust and grease marks haha 
Finally changed the cv boot, last job on the list that's needed to make it roadworthy.  Just cosmetic stuff left to do by Friday Big Grin

Literally cannot not wait to get behind the wheel again 
stud and nut conversion arrived just in time for fcs Smile 
[Image: IMG_20150603_234553_zpsjswserms.jpg]
Haha just in time becauseracecar Big Grin
(04-06-2015, 10:12 AM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]Haha just in time becauseracecar Big Grin

This is getting pretty close lol 

Literally jut put the oil and coolant in haha 

All running sweet as, coolant bled, oil topped up and everything working. 

Mammoth cleaning day starting tomorrow 
Really nice day at fcs, usual not enough time to speak to everyone but I enjoyed it. 

The 6 behaved great and even polished up quite well from looking like a barn find a few days ago haha 

One of my few pictures on the stand before my phone died 
[Image: IMG_20150606_195849_zpsvjdqpjqy.jpg]

[/url][url=http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/ozonehostile/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150605_225459_zpsbopuisa8.jpg.html][Image: IMG_20150605_225459_zpsbopuisa8.jpg]
Now roll on pugfest and fitting the shinies I bought today Wink 
Making a start at fitting the shinies I picked up at fcs tonight,  got a full set of the baker bm group n engine mounts to go on, good job too as there's some movement in the gearbox mount at the moment which hopefully explains some of the odd noises I was hearing driving back from fcs, also picked up some of the bbm silicone hoses in preparation for a few engine bay changes Wink 

[Image: IMG_20150608_093521_zpsmas24huk.jpg]
An evening of fitting baker bm goodies is a good evening indeed Smile 

Stuart at baker sorted me out with a decent price on the group n engine mount set, group n fork bush and a red silicone hose set. Top bloke 

Breather hoses fitted, bottom oil return is a bit of a bastard to do unless you have child size hands but got there eventually 
[Image: IMG_20150609_211850_zpsudjmh2wm.jpg]
Took the oem mounts of, the top engine mount and gearbox mount were both pretty soft so certainly due a change anyway, the rubber fork bush was a bit reluctant to come out but 3 tons of pressure on the press soon got it out Wink 
[Image: 20150609_202537_zpsbzprkhnl.jpg]

Painted a few bits while they were off so left them drying overnight and I'll put it back together and test drive tomorrow after work 
Well the group n engine mounts are my new favourite thing, would thoroughly recommend for anyone with a gti6, throttle response is immediate and the car just feels so much better balanced gunning it through bends Big Grin

Not alot to do before pugfest other than fit the powerflex wishbone bushes and clean the road dirt off from all the fun I was having testing the new engine mounts. 

Also hoping to unveil my new wheels at pugfest but waiting on some bits to arrive from the states first Wink 
[Image: IMG_20150618_110652_zpseemjudag.jpg]
New wheels are on Big Grin
Bit of rear scrubbing so think I'll go down to 195 size tyres, thinking of trying some ns2r's after seeing good things from people using them on here Smile

Anyway, here's how it looks, excuse the flat tyre I didn't have time to grab the air line before work lol [Image: IMG_20150625_140917_zpsbopghq3b.jpg]
Sploosh.
nice!

want a foot pump there mate?!
Wheels looks the nuts mate Smile

Yeah I love my ns2r great tyre for the price,keep thinking my steerings f*cked then I realise they track tyres.

Watch some of my track sessions got a quick lap on my Facebook page,definitely cut 2-3 seconds off my lap times and literally hero it round ever bend (it's the like having a diff)Wear really good aswell and come with 7mm new.
(25-06-2015, 10:18 PM)7057sam Wrote: [ -> ]Wheels looks the nuts mate Smile

Yeah I love my ns2r great tyre for the price,keep thinking my steerings f*cked then I realise they track tyres.

Watch some of my track sessions got a quick lap on my Facebook page,definitely cut 2-3 seconds off my lap times and literally hero it round ever bend (it's the like having a diff)Wear really good aswell and come with 7mm new.

I'm just hoping I can get them in 45 profile, pretty tricky to get sticky tyres in anything less than 50 but anything more than 45 and I'll have some serious scrubbing issues and really don't want to flare the arches. 

If I really can't find anything I might have to pay a bit more and get some yokos 
Car looks great!

I know I've asked this about 5 times already but I keep forgetting. What do you use for dash shine? Big Grin
I remember your interiot being cleaned up very nicely at that mids meet.
http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/sy...84w-236265

I think you need these just for the bad ass tread pattern lol
(27-06-2015, 07:04 AM)RetroPug Wrote: [ -> ]Car looks great!

I know I've asked this about 5 times already but I keep forgetting. What do you use for dash shine? Big Grin
I remember your interiot being cleaned up very nicely at that mids meet.

Cheers man, I just used autoglym vinyl and rubber care, white silicone stuff in a bottle, spray on and wipe. Only issue with it is it evaporates in strong sunlight and makes the inside of the screen greasy if you have loads on so I just use enough to make the plastic a nice deep black 

(27-06-2015, 07:18 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/sy...84w-236265

I think you need these just for the bad ass tread pattern lol

Aha pretty funky looking tyre. 

Struggling quite a bit with finding decent tyres in 195/45/r16 as most manufacturers don't do premium sport tyres in that specific size :/

Can't get anything from nankang for at least 2-3 weeks which means I might not have decent rubber by pugfest so looking for alternatives that I can have fitted this week now 
Mate car looks awesome! Uber awesome wheel choice
195 45 is a bit small, you want 205 45 or 195 50.

shouldn't rub with a 205 unless the offset isn't quite right or the beam is iffy.
(27-06-2015, 03:21 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]195 45 is a bit small, you want 205 45 or 195 50.

shouldn't rub with a 205 unless the offset isn't quite right or the beam is iffy.

My team dynamics are 7j with a 195 tyre, very slight stretch but I kinda like it that way as it's got nice stiff sidewalls and tucks just inside the lip of the arch. 
Was hoping to do the same on the compomotives ideally as they're the same offset. 

The one thing that I haven't done yet is see how things are clearance wise with the tyres fully inflated as they're pretty flat as you can see in the picture, with some pressure in there I might be alright.... 

I'll have to wait and see tomorrow. 

If they do clear it'll be alot easier getting tyres in 205/45 lol 

(27-06-2015, 02:52 PM)Orta Wrote: [ -> ]Mate car looks awesome! Uber awesome wheel choice

Cheers man Smile 
adam b had 205 45 16 on pro race 1.2's in direct fit no rubbing, they were rainsports I think, so not the fattest of sidewalls, ps3's are similar and a damn good tyre.

I like the th's that have a bit of lip/dish but still a flat face, I had some really old ones a few years back in 15x8! Unfortunately they were an old school ford fit ( offset bang on at et0!) but the well was too far in and had no brake clearance.
(27-06-2015, 05:50 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]adam b had 205 45 16 on pro race 1.2's in direct fit no rubbing, they were rainsports I think, so not the fattest of sidewalls, ps3's are similar and a damn good tyre.

I like the th's that have a bit of lip/dish but still a flat face, I had some really old ones a few years back in 15x8! Unfortunately they were an old school ford fit ( offset bang on at et0!)  but the well was too far in and had no brake clearance.

Good to know Smile 
HHopefully they'll clear with some air in them as it is likely just the sidewall sag that's catching.  
From one nile owner to another, those wheels looks the bollocks mate. Very jealous. Look forward to having a closer look at pugfest assuming youre going?
(27-06-2015, 10:24 PM)impotentials Wrote: [ -> ]From one nile owner to another, those wheels looks the bollocks mate. Very jealous.  Look forward to having a closer look at pugfest assuming youre going?

Cheers mate Smile 

II'll be there, favourite event of the show season by far. I'll be on the hill most of the afternoon seeing if all the suspension upgrades were worth it haha 
(27-06-2015, 11:16 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-06-2015, 10:24 PM)impotentials Wrote: [ -> ]From one nile owner to another, thinch oz supers.se wheels looks the bollocks mate. Very jealous.  Look forward to having a closer look at pugfest assuming youre going?

Cheers mate Smile 

II'll be there, favourite event of the show season by far. I'll be on the hill most of the afternoon seeing if all the suspension upgrades were worth it hahna 

What tyres did you choose in the end. Just picked up some 16 Inch Oz supers. Need to get rubber...see you on the hill.
(28-06-2015, 07:49 AM)impotentials Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-06-2015, 10:24 PM)impotentials Wrote: [ -> ]From one nile owner to another, thinch oz supers.se wheels looks the bollocks mate. Very jealous.  Look forward to having a closer look at pugfest assuming youre going?

Cheers mate Smile 

II'll be there, favourite event of the show season by far. I'll be on the hill most of the afternoon seeing if all the suspension upgrades were worth it hahna 

What tyres did you choose in the end. Just picked up some 16 Inch Oz supers. Need to get rubber...see you on the hill.

I was using marangoni zeta sports on my team dynamics last year, real nice all rounder but I want something stickier on these wheels since the car never sees rain or cold weather lol. 

Waiting for a call back on a few tyre quotes, nankang, yokohama etc 
(28-06-2015, 10:55 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-06-2015, 07:49 AM)impotentials Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers mate Smile 

I was using marangoni zeta sports on my team dynamics last year, real nice all rounder but I want something stickier on these wheels since the car never sees rain or cold weather lol. 

Waiting for a call back on a few tyre quotes, nankang, yokohama etc 

Those nankang sportnex look great and cheaps.
"look great and cheap" are really not two things I look for when buying a tyre!!!
(28-06-2015, 05:39 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]"look great and cheap"   are really not two things I look for when buying a tyre!!!

^this lol

The ps3's are a lovely tyre, but if it's only a fun car, I'd go for something stickier. Maybe the Ad08 Yokie's?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35