306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
I see what you did there!

I quite like that idea personally. Good thinking.
(11-11-2016, 03:34 PM)1616six Wrote: [ -> ]I see what you did there!

I quite like that idea personally. Good thinking.

thanhk you Smile
(11-11-2016, 03:29 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]ok. look at the front view of your car.
on the right is a blank with a 'loop' moulded in it to match the grille.
so bend a c/h to match the shape and fit across the l/h hole to give a matched look
Thats not a bad idea... got the old blank i could try neatly cut the bit out off then tiger seal it all up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Even better Justin, just cut the backing out of the blank & leave it with just the pattern of the lines if that makes sense?
Yeah get what you mean. Still need the trumpet to mount the hose to.. could always do away with it and stealth it out right behind the grill itself

(11-11-2016, 11:22 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]Been told i should be able to fit a 3door cage in her no probs as floor pans the same

The floor pans aren't the same. The 3dr has outer seat mounts that bolt into the inner sill, the 5dr/estate has outer seat mounts in the floor.

I'm sure rippthrough can build you a custom cage to meet requirements for not much more than an off the shelf one.
(14-11-2016, 11:09 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2016, 11:22 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]Been told i should be able to fit a 3door cage in her no probs as floor pans the same

The floor pans aren't the same. The 3dr has outer seat mounts that bolt into the inner sill, the 5dr/estate has outer seat mounts in the floor.

I'm sure rippthrough can build you a custom cage to meet requirements for not much more than an off the shelf one.
Completley over looked that. Well pointed out. Also rear seat fixing too

Just to backup what chris has said, floors different, and PM Rippthrough for a rough price on a high spec cage Smile worth paying the extra for tbh!
Yeah it's probably close in the points where a cage mounts but is it close enough and do you want to spend £500 on a cage to find out it isn't especially knowing the B pillars would be in the wrong place to start with.
Eurgh looks like any thoughts on cage have been pushed back [PERSEVERING FACE] been getting a knock last few days and seems the 18mm bolt has come loose on the passanger wishbone. In turn this has more then likley shat my lynx roller bearing wishbones yet again as even if loose there should be no play either end and withe the 18mm bolt loose the pbush becomes a pivoting point and stresses the needle bearings.
Put this down to bolt coming loose due to vibration on these norfolk roads considering there is no room for give in my suspension setup (roller bearing wishbones, spax rsx coilovers, rose jointed top mounts)
Also been having issues with engine movment due to the baker bm stuff failing so just gonna go ott with my xmas bonus and redo the lot.
Looking at following
[Image: 972183c37fe75905874db9fb4a4e9ffb.jpg]
Hoping this will be enough to sort my niggles out. My thought is allow some form of dampening in there to reduce the vibration. Not only that but if the bolt did come loose again a bush will be more forgiving then a solid bearing that dosnt want to twist. Money that could be spent on other things like the cage... but then what goods a cage if i cant even get the car round a corner without falling apart

Not sure I'd go for the vibratechnics stuff. IMO the Baker BM stuff is just as good at a third of the price

Good to see it getting places though Smile
(12-12-2016, 10:16 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure I'd go for the vibratechnics stuff. IMO the Baker BM stuff is just as good at a third of the price

Good to see it getting places though Smile
Was looking at the design of the powerflex and vibra pbush mainly. Just dislike the fact the powerflex option dosbt have the metal insert. Was told by some one who ran the powerflex that they had to copper slip them once a year
[Image: faaeae6b016b0a30ab3350e9657c9bea.jpg][Image: 6c6b2a4dddd516211653799cf9edb020.jpg]
The baker bm stuff is very good but just dissapointed by them atm. It was no secret there top engine mount sucked and alot of people damaged them. After contacting them (cant remember if his names clive or stu) he said they'd have the first wave of prototype top mounts ready to rival vibra's design for fcs... never happened. Was meant to be top of the list for one but even now he still not finished them. Cant to the point i cant hang around waiting for one of his mounts so jumping on the band wagon with vibra. Big shame as love bbm as a company but its a needs must thing now.
Im hoping shes going places.. just feel like im covering the same ground over and over but hopefully i get through these teething issues

Ive done a lot miles on powerflex bushes... Still tight n smooth
(13-12-2016, 07:17 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Ive done a lot miles on powerflex bushes... Still tight n smooth
Daily abuse? Clock up serious miles latley. Just worried about them prematurley wearing out.. for the sake of £20 dunno if the vibra's would be the better option

I run them in the racetractor..... I don't abuse my cars but they get driven hard whenever I'm in them. Only done 5k in last year...but I fitted them when I built the moordoor 2.1gtd waaay back, must be 3yrs ago now

Plus powerflex replace if worn out. Can't argue with that imho
(13-12-2016, 08:06 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]I run them in the racetractor..... I don't abuse my cars but they get driven hard whenever I'm in them. Only done 5k in last year...but I fitted them when I built the moordoor 2.1gtd waaay back, must be 3yrs ago now

Plus powerflex replace if worn out. Can't argue with that imho
Tbf i forgot about there replacment policy. Do they need greasing like ive been told or just on and off you go?
And as daft as it sounds do you think it could help with this 18mm bolt vibrating undone? My only thought is road vibration if everything is solid, transfering to much into the subframe?
Dosnt help how low i am but still have helpers in the coilovers and on a soft setting

I know it's simple but have you used thread lock if it's becoming a reoccurring problem?

Oh and in regards to powerflex black wishbone bushes, I've been running them for just over a year now, admittedly I've only put about 3k on it since but I'll be looking to regrease them during the cars annual hiatus, they don't particularly look like they need it but I've got to drop the subframe anyway so might as well. 

Any race designed parts are going to require a lot more maintenance than oem stuff as it's designed for maximum performance at the cost of durability. Stuff like clutches and suspension components are replaced or refreshed every season/event depending on the use. Something people overlook when fitting race parts to road cars and expecting them to last thousands of miles just because they where expensive. But I'm sure you know that after all your clutch troubles :p
Ive not yet regreased mine... Probably should. They come with a grease.
And as said...threadlock??
(13-12-2016, 08:46 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's simple but have you used thread lock if it's becoming a reoccurring problem?

Oh and in regards to powerflex black wishbone bushes, I've been running them for just over a year now, admittedly I've only put about 3k on it since but I'll be looking to regrease them during the cars annual hiatus, they don't particularly look like they need it but I've got to drop the subframe anyway so might as well. 

Any race designed parts are going to require a lot more maintenance than oem stuff as it's designed for maximum performance at the cost of durability. Stuff like clutches and suspension components are replaced or refreshed every season/event depending on the use. Something people overlook when fitting race parts to road cars and expecting them to last thousands of miles just because they where expensive. But I'm sure you know that after all your clutch troubles [emoji14]
Ive tried loctite but hasnt seemed to work. All threads look good aswell :/ yeah realise they tske lots of maintanence and think i expected to much of them really. Nearly done 10k since they were rebuilt.

Sounds like powerflex have alot of peoples votes then and there replacment policy has deffinatley got my intrest too so looks like thats the way i'll go

As for engine mounts unless baker bm has suddenly started making tye topmounts feel ive got no choice but to go vibra.

Please dont mention clutches... i'll cry [CRYING FACE]

Is it possible to get new subrame inserts??

Powerflex engine mount too maybe??
(13-12-2016, 12:34 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Powerflex engine mount too maybe??
Ive got there lower old style one but wasnt aware of them doing the others.

Anyone know if pug stock the nut inserts for the wishbones??? Damaged one the last time so have to force my fingers in the gap to hold the nut [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

(13-12-2016, 01:29 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]

Anyone know if pug stock the nut inserts for the wishbones??? Damaged one the last time so have to force my fingers in the gap to hold the nut [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

They're a shit design tbf, I made a solid insert for mine so it can't budge anywhere now. 

Either that or weld it in place
Which type of Loctite? There are various different types for different applications. You want to be using the blue stuff for this type of application iirc?
(13-12-2016, 02:07 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]

They're a shit design tbf, I made a solid insert for mine so it can't budge anywhere now. 

When you day solid insert.... do you have any pics please

Blue loctite. Came from work [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]

(13-12-2016, 02:26 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-12-2016, 02:07 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]

When you day solid insert.... do you have any pics please

Blue loctite. Came from work [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT]

I havnt got a picture to hand but essentially it's a block of steel, about 20mm thick with a hole drilled through and tapped. It's a pretty uncommon thread size iirc
Hmmm may pop to a scrapy. Could poss get the nut and weld it into some solid plate

(13-12-2016, 04:26 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm may pop to a scrapy. Could poss get the nut and weld it into some solid plate

There's a couple of variations of 306 subframes that I've come across so far that each have a different captive nut design for the roller bush and a different sized bolt. Seems to be no pattern to which cars the different subframes are on though
(13-12-2016, 08:43 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-12-2016, 04:26 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm may pop to a scrapy. Could poss get the nut and weld it into some solid plate

There's a couple of variations of 306 subframes that I've come across so far that each have a different captive nut design for the roller bush and a different sized bolt. Seems to be no pattern to which cars the different subframes are on though
Sugar. So sounds like i maybe better off just getting paired captive nut and bolt from a scrapy if pug dont do them?

(13-12-2016, 08:44 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]

Sugar. So sounds like i maybe better off just getting paired captive nut and bolt from a scrapy if pug dont do them?

The hole sizes in the subframe are also different depending on the captive nut, just to make things even easier lol. 

Chances are that if your local scrap yard have a couple of 306s one of them will have the type you need
(14-12-2016, 08:15 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-12-2016, 08:44 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]

The hole sizes in the subframe are also different depending on the captive nut, just to make things even easier lol. 

Chances are that if your local scrap yard have a couple of 306s one of them will have the type you need
Fml.. well i'll try my luck and spot weld them all up [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43