306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Awesome project mate keep going!!
So theres a local cruise going to Great Yarmouth sunday so thought I better get the map on ready for full torque. Listening to that shitty selfie song didnt help matters but hey ho its on and ive got killer clutch slip lol
[attachment=15439]
Got all the bits here for the clutch so looks like full steam ahead fitting the paddle on friday Smile

Just found these photos on my phone from a few months ago taking pics in Norwich with my mate.
[attachment=15440]
[attachment=15441]
[attachment=15442]
[attachment=15443]
[attachment=15444]
Haha excuse my daughter riding shotgun but she loves cars Smile emphises on her cozy coupe project Wink
so much love for this project doing everything i have planned for mine!
Haha just killed my clutch Tongue looks like clutch fitting has to go ahead now lol
[attachment=15522]
^^lol

Only a matter on time
O right you are on a full torque map now then.
Yeah sorta f*cked the clutch at the wrong time as got a job interview this afternoon lmao
Oh dear! Great timing is not my forte either lol
Out comes the push bike lol
Snap, I've gotta buy one first so the mrs can pick Charlie up from nursery lol
Haha my miss's drives so my daughters in safe hands (apart from she's a female driver obv Wink )
(17-04-2014, 12:47 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]Haha my miss's drives so my daughters in safe hands (apart from she's a female driver obv Wink )

lol
Right we've all seen a clutch change so i'll cut the jibber with this, Just dropped all the hubs and driveshafts off both sides.
[attachment=15564]
Then ripped all the induction track out and battery tray and drained the box.
[attachment=15565]
then with the aid of a tool my farther in-law made me i popped the gear linkages off.
[attachment=15566]
Next I jacked the engine slightly on the sump to prevent it dropping and then unbolted the box and gearbox mount and lowered with a winch under the car.
[attachment=15567]
[attachment=15568]
[attachment=15569]
with the box off I could now inspect the clutch and what a shit storm. Luckily the flywheel was perfect but the clutch Was down to the rivets on the pressure plate side.
[attachment=15570]
[attachment=15571]
went to fit the new clutch and realised i'd been sold an xud one -.- with no chance of getting the conversion parts to run it this soon my only choice is to try and get a sach's oem clutch from a berlingo which are apparentley known to hold the torque. Failing this I can get a Luk clutch from euro car parts today and hoping to mix It with the ceramic paddle friction plate.
[attachment=15572]
the ceramic friction plate is slightly thicker then an oem clutch so should get slightly more clamping force. The diameter is partially smaller on the friction plate but all for paddles still make full contact and beings its a ceramic clutch and not organic the friction should be there in theory (and theory alone atm) to hold the torque
Ended up fitting the cg friction plate with a Luk pressure plate (bought a complete 3 piece clutch for £65 from gsf). Then it was just a matter of fitting the clutch and bunging everything back together.
[attachment=15639]
[attachment=15640]
[attachment=15641]
Couldnt help but gun it after a few miles of fitting the clutch, i'd forgotten what a good clutch felt like Big Grin
Well havnt done any work latley as i"ve no longer got access to the tools and workshop I used to use. Since the clutch has been in the cars ran fine apart from The gear box mount has started knocking about and the rear beams bushes are dying to Sad

Took the car to the slam media event in peterborough today Tongue tried entering the limbo for a laugh and ended up with ten people inside and two on the bonnet to slam it more lmao.
[attachment=15969]
Me just getting under the bar
[attachment=15970]
Aerial view (in the crowd with two monkeys on the bonnet)
Love this dude, went to full stage 2 pretty quickly. I'm going to start preparing the car for the FMIC, was the boost controller you fitted an absolute must on a HDi? I'll need to source one of those as well if that's the case Sad

Worst problem I've got is my lower crossmember / rad support is bent to buggery after the previous owner had a little prang. I can't see how I'm going to hammer it back straight again, so I'm considering getting a new bit welded in Sad
Was a good day out when we actually found it lol. Shame we couldn't get anymore people in the car we might have had more chance winning against the mx5's lol.

Got a few random pics of the estate and the 205

[attachment=15988]

[attachment=15989]

[attachment=15990]

[attachment=15991]
Looks good. Makes me wish my estate had lasted a bit longer! I bought a full FMIC kit and somehow I have lost it all! D:
My old pugs cross member was bent, ended up welding in a new one because I couldn't jack it back for shit lol.
as for an MBC im having problems with mine as I keep melting the boost pipes through, seems it doesn't matter where I locate them it just keeps happening.
as for stage 2 I had a lot of bits kicking around and kept buying parts when I saw them cheap as I knew I would need them later, had this car nearly 8 months now.

How on earth do you just lose an FMIC :O looking at the workshop I used to be in I could maybe understand losing a clamp lol
This is the constant proble with my Mbc, just ordered some stainless over braid to see if that will solve it.
[attachment=16023]
Couple more pics that ive found from slam media
[attachment=16024]
[attachment=16025]
[attachment=16171]
Love how low that is with everyone piled in it lol

1 question? How do you manage to keep an eye on those gauges without crashing? lol
Does look sweet low but somehow not as low as I've seen some 306s looking (not mine, mine isnt as low as it could be)
She can go alot lower but need the practicality still. The gauges dont put me off, the only important one to my left is water temp but how often do i need to look at it lol? No fans and shes still never baked in traffic
Just had to sort abit of injector chuff and may have stumbled across somthing i need to look up Smile
[attachment=16328]
[attachment=16329]
Any way back to what i was saying, while i had the injector out of the ex's vectra sri diesel that just looks like a longer version of the pugs, little play later revealed the tips just change over but need to look up spray angle and delivery to see if this could be suitable for hybrid injectors.
[attachment=16330]
Well the projects still alive though hard times have slowed it right down Sad
Bought some 106 quicksilver roof handles the other day and just fitted them, absolutley loving how much tidier the roofs looking though still needs a cheeky retrim Big Grin
[attachment=17265]
New handles Big Grin
[attachment=17266]
This is what the roofs getting re-done aswell.
[attachment=17267]

Turbos now shitting itself Sad managed to sort a gt15 for £20 so pretty happy but not looking forward to changing it :/ and balljoints have gone so i think nows the perfect chance to fit my polybushed wishbones Smile watch this space again!
nice!!! want !!!
Looks well does this!
Cheers guys Smile
Which engine are they out of? If it's the 1.9 jtd/ttid/whatevervauxhallcallit then they could be the good tips. Plane angle is just as important as spray angle, if not more so. There are a few threads about with more info on this, will take some searching, but there's tech specs on various tips in them etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43