306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
(20-03-2016, 06:12 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]personally I'd get it fitted with the bolts loose so you can tweak to suit, then nip the bolts up.
Yeah feel its gonna be in and out several times this time but making sure its gonna be right!
Ok so shes back on but wont boost. No phisical whistle sound but found the wastegates jammed open.
If this is the case will i not hear an audiable whistle at all?
No, as all the exhaust gasses will bypass the turbine wheel and straight down the exhaust rather than spinning the turbine wheel.
(21-03-2016, 08:37 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]No, as all the exhaust gasses will bypass the turbine wheel and straight down the exhaust rather than spinning the turbine wheel.
Cheers fella. Need to drive it to work tommorow so will have to put up with na mode 😑 not smoking black tho so should be ok. Still got white smoke if i sit and rev but to drive theres none at all. Didnt get round to cpeaning the cooler tho as lost light
Ok so i dont think the rebuilds done shit [CRYING FACE] still seems to be pushing oil out and ive not even had it boosting with the actuator un-jammed yet. Starting to wish id of left the gt15 on.

So just to confirm... first picture shows clean turbo bottom pipe. Its the first ali pipe in the cooler system before the turbo. Cleaned this before a 30mile journey[Image: 569734965598ff18b28660d2260a991c.jpg]
This is two pictures of the same pipe after the 30mile journey. No boost remember as actuator is jammed. Correct in thinking this oil should not be present? Oil brether is also off to atmostphere
[Image: 031278d0b19e24f50167cd9046862a88.jpg][Image: 00896be243a564cf07847c8b181f88ee.jpg]
You fitted the seals yourself? Were they genuine Garrett seals?

Looks like dodgy/ill fitted seals to me...
(22-03-2016, 05:25 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]You fitted the seals yourself? Were they genuine Garrett seals?

Looks like dodgy/ill fitted seals to me...
Yeah myself and not sure if genuine.. guessing its duffed?
[Image: 82414e25ae4a78a2b7d3ac67d067648d.jpg]
Was there evidence that the seals needed replacing?
If there isnt I always leave originals in...as often better than cheap aftermarket replacements.

Did you get it balanced?

And its the oil drain straight down now?
(22-03-2016, 05:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Was there evidence that the seals needed replacing?
If there isnt I always leave originals in...as often better than cheap aftermarket replacements.

Did you get it balanced?

And its the oil drain straight down now?
Well had the same issue as ive got now. Oil in the inlet.
Presumed all would need redoing so went to town on it.
Didnt have it balanced but did however mark the nut and compressor wheel which where re-aligned on fitting

An yeah oil drains correct now
Obviously check it is coming from the turbocharger and make sure it's not something else...

But otherwise, you need to look at why that's happened, it's either going to be crap seals or the oil drain not being quite right.

Got any pics of how the oil drain is now?!
(22-03-2016, 06:30 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously check it is coming from the turbocharger and make sure it's not something else...

But otherwise, you need to look at why that's happened, it's either going to be crap seals or the oil drain not being quite right.

Got any pics of how the oil drain is now?!
Well theres no brether on the intake so can only see it coming from the turbo.

I havnt but it is pointing downwards deffo this time. Had to cut the oil return down to a stub and run a rubber hose all the way back.
Just bought another genuine gt15 oil return but if it is still this causing it is it not little to late?
IT LIVES!!!
decided today if the turbo was leaking oil id try to shit the shaft for a giggle in one of my more insane moods.
So proceeded to fix the actuator and get ready to fap the boost up insanley... well got to taking the c5 bottom pipe of to discover no oil....
Fixed the actuator and rather then fap it open closed it off abit because technicaly its a rebuilt turbo. Well took it on boost and had the largest cloud of white ive ever seen, and after that? Nout. Shes ran smooth as since with no white smoke at all. Im putting it down to the cooler possibly collecting oil up but its honestly confused the hell out of me. Not complaining tho as the hell hound is back 😈
Great news mate Smile
Well done. hopefully you wont be back in 24 hours time saying its broken again!
Cheers dum-dum
Hope not eeyore. Was set to throw my rattle out the pram on it. Shes only set to 1bar atm and gonna break her in again. Seems to be no smoke tho now and is running clean is
Get boosting!!! Nothing to bed in!!
(24-03-2016, 09:35 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Get boosting!!! Nothing to bed in!!
Replaced journal bearing and all
Yeah and? Its oil filled bearings... Nothing to bed in...

Get on and boost!
As above, you won't kill it like that lol. Good to know the new one is safe and sound, well done fella.
(25-03-2016, 07:35 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]As above, you won't kill it like that lol. Good to know the new one is safe and sound, well done fella.
Cheers
Where did you earth the battery in the boot jekyll as I've relocated mine and on my volt gauge I'm getting like 3 volts lol then it creeps to 11 volts after about 5 seconds then when I try starting her the starter just clicks and nothing happens
(03-04-2016, 09:17 AM)mattydturb Wrote: [ -> ]Where did you earth the battery in the boot jekyll as I've relocated mine and on my volt gauge I'm getting like 3 volts lol then it creeps to 11 volts after about 5 seconds then when I try starting her the starter just clicks and nothing happens

I needed about 4 earths to get mine to have a decent earth in the boot of my estate

[attachment=27051]
[attachment=27050]
[attachment=27052]
Cheers for that dumdum I've kind of got mine working now I've just put a nut n bot threw one of the holes already provided in the boot floor took it down to bare metal on both sides and now I'm getting 11v on a full battery so might have to put another earth on like you've done
Sorry liturally just seen this. Im earthed under a seat bolt. Found the biggest issue was forgetting to upgrade the engine earth for me
i used a light bolt hole and never had an issue once. ill take a pic when im down workshop next. as long as its clean both ends you should be fine
Where did you get the universal boost actuator from?
Can get them on ebay paul
I've just tried searching and can't find the bloody things, 1 more cup of coffee and I'll try again
Hows the car dude? Saw on facebook some bits did you get it sorted. Got a soare estate in workshop if you need bits
(24-04-2016, 08:00 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Hows the car dude? Saw on facebook some bits did you get it sorted. Got a soare estate in workshop if you need bits
Sorry dude been off here for a while as had alot of private issues. Yeah got the car sorted again after the smash up but thanks. Will do a proper update on here soon but shes back straight again. Perks of rattle can spray jobs hey [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
[Image: a9ae78b01ca2c1b7fa81b516297eac6c.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43