306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
not had any problems with payen seals, they come with the rool.
(05-07-2016, 05:46 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]not had any problems with payen seals, they come with the rool.
If it comes with a tool it sounds ideal. Could you find me a link or screen shot please?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
got mine from south wales pistons, also engineparts.co.uk, dropped them an email with the part numbers after looking up on the catalogues they have on their website.
(05-07-2016, 05:56 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]got mine from south wales pistons, also engineparts.co.uk, dropped them an email with the part numbers after looking up on the catalogues they have on their website.
Will have alook... bit far from wales to go to that shop [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Managed to send the pictures off and had a confimation email back from larkspeed so just a waiting game now [THUMBS UP SIGN]

THat sucks about the clutch.

IMO an un-sprung drive hub is the only way forward.
(08-07-2016, 02:35 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]THat sucks about the clutch.

IMO an un-sprung drive hub is the only way forward.
Your telling me fella [PENSIVE FACE] getting prepared to foot the bill for another clutch going by peoples past experience with cg. Deffinatley wanting to push for a solid. Like you say seems the only way. Debating a helix if i have to buy one but heard mixed reviews of them on hdi's as in noisy on the splines.. also not sure how much more i could be looking at with a helix to get a full 3 piece kit from them.

Sucks atm as got the mot round the corner. Gotta re-do all the brakes again (dosnt need new pads but i like to replace them anyway) and still need the sill welding as been very stupid and left it till last minute just to spunk money on shows. Ended up buying a whole sill for it so no patching this and that.

(05-07-2016, 03:06 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]£10 for bushes?! like half that from a dealer.
Just wanted to say cheer for that tip! Payed pug a visit today and got fork bushes and enough genuine pressure plate bolts to do this job twice for a tenner Big Grin
[Image: f7b939f8be09ebc9750229cb9f941338.jpg]

Priced up the other seals and to go genuine from pug was serious cash.. i mean the grand total was gonna be £78 including the bushes and bolts.... after popping around euro's, mpd etc. Seems ebay will be the best price there.

So question is best make of seals to look for on the bay? And ones to avoid?

Payen are good, as above.
Are erling good as cant find payen?

Well i could see this email coming from miles away :/ [Image: 1f751ff4b5b93efb0f539d8f1a6a1b06.jpg]
So after speaking with the guys at larkspeed on the phone seems cg have done everything in there power to shrug the warrenty claim of as misuse as just after i had purchased the clutch they had also changed there warranty policy to 90day instead on a year.
Cg seem to think that the pressure plate being excessivley groved is fine to run a brand new friction plate on which i strongley dissagreed with. Was offered a five paddle friction plate with a solid center for £90 but what use is it if i still have to foot £80 for a standard clutch kit to obtain another pressure plate and thrust bearing?

Instead larkspeed have stepped in with a better offer that seems to cater my needs. 4 paddle unsprung which ive been assured will increase clamping force and increase the strentgh of center over the sprung option with one of there uprated pressure plates and a thrust bearing for £170. Feel that i have little choice with the horror storries ive heard surrounding the helix clutches rattle so excepted the offer :/ not pleased about re-using cg again tho...

Lets hope this one dosnt get added to my clutch trophey collection next year[Image: c751708e07084333514d689e7926589c.jpg]

I've not had any issues with erling gaskets. That's shit about the clutch but you knew that was coming though. Atleast your getting one at a reduced price I suppose

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Will jump on the erlings then.

Dunno what else to do seems both helix and cg have issues but never actually heard of a solid cg fail.. spose its the way to go but just annoyed im having to pay out yet again..

Tune a car they said... its fun they said [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Tbf, the solid one will rattle, it's a bit annoying but you've just Gotta live with it, they hardly sound like ferraris anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12-07-2016, 03:49 PM)deggerz Wrote: [ -> ]Tbf, the solid one will rattle, it's a bit annoying but you've just Gotta live with it, they hardly sound like ferraris anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sprung rattled aswell. Just hope this fucker holds, frustrated is not the word atm [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

(12-07-2016, 03:39 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]Will jump on the erlings then.

Dunno what else to do seems both helix and cg have issues but never actually heard of a solid cg fail.. spose its the way to go but just annoyed im having to pay out yet again..

Tune a car they said... its fun they said [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

I think less full throttle starts, you go through more clutches than brake pads [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Lmfao dunno what your on about.. tbf im now replacing the pads and they dont really need it 😐

I would be wary of a clutch with heavier clamping force, the ends on the clutch cable are only plastic and I don't think they can cope with too much more clamping force, certainly I snapped a few with an old helix (pre their redesign)

Oh and when I broke my first CG clutch about 8 years ago they said the springs in the drive plate are only rated to 280lb/ft I assume that hasn't changed.
(14-07-2016, 03:01 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I would be wary of a clutch with heavier clamping force, the ends on the clutch cable are only plastic and I don't think they can cope with too much more clamping force, certainly I snapped a few with an old helix (pre their redesign)
When you say the plastic end do you mean the two fingers that hold it ontop of the gearbox as may have snapped one....

(14-07-2016, 03:03 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-07-2016, 03:01 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I would be wary of a clutch with heavier clamping force, the ends on the clutch cable are only plastic and I don't think they can cope with too much more clamping force, certainly I snapped a few with an old helix (pre their redesign)
When you say the plastic end do you mean the two fingers that hold it ontop of the gearbox as may have snapped one....

Nope, the pedal end, the clip is like 3mm thick self lubricating plastic.
I'm surprised we don't see more broken if I'm honest
(14-07-2016, 03:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-07-2016, 03:03 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]

Nope, the pedal end, the clip is like 3mm thick self lubricating plastic.
I'm surprised we don't see more broken if I'm honest
Ohhhh shit... will keep an eye on that 😐 never actually looked at it nor changed one. might be worth stocking a spare cable in case

Good shout

I ended up having metal ends made
(14-07-2016, 03:54 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I ended up having metal ends made
Wouldnt be impossible for me. Engineer at a food factory and get run of the workshop on night shifts when its not busy.
Did you manufacture a whole new end and weld it to the cable? Really should get it off to take a look while ive got the time

You have to cut the plastic off very carefully then I think we cut a slit in the new one with a hole drilled through that was larger at the hook end then a small screw secured the cable from popping out the slot.

[attachment=28214]
[attachment=28213]
[attachment=28212]
(14-07-2016, 10:08 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]You have to cut the plastic off very carefully then I think we cut a slit in the new one with a hole drilled through that was larger at the hook end then a small screw secured the cable from popping out the slot.
Thats a nice little job.. not sure mine will look as clean as that [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] guessing cnc?

What about the auto adjuster as that would leave that as the last weakness?

Yeah CNC and yeah the auto isn't ideal at high clamping loads but you can use the manual cable off (IIRC) a 205.

Beautiful little things aren't they.
Really are a nice little bit of kit. Prob pork mine together with scrap stainless from work

Managed to put in the order for the final bits today. Liturally completley out of money now to the point i cant buy myself a can of coke [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT][Image: ef0944a778c5cae200562aaf0e8138bc.jpg]in the end ive ordered corteco seals as there described as the original supplier to psa.. hope that statments true! Had to give the shaft seals a miss due to lack of funds but lets face it.. if theres a leak its better to be external then internal here...
Looks like working on the car this week on my 4 days off will be a miss too as going to have to do some overtime to boost my finacial situation and go see my daughter too.
Fingers crossed the mot dosnt run out by then [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] (aug 16th)
Still got sill to weld in, brakes to service and and solve my exhaust mani leak...

Corteco should be fine.
Thank god..

Shaft seals are the main ones to do tbh, they always seem to leak once the shaft has been removed now. Dodgy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43