306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Right well some of the silicone has started arriving for the 3" intake. Did notice that ive completley overlooked the oil brether. Think will just simply solve this by having a 25mm pipe welded onto the intake to run it back in[Image: 66845410f6bef3a6bb95d158687006d0.jpg]
What clutch are you planning on running for 200bhp?
(16-01-2016, 10:14 PM)Sambarker Wrote: [ -> ]What clutch are you planning on running for 200bhp?
Ive got the stage 3 drive torque 5 paddle in. Will see how she copes with it all
(16-01-2016, 10:25 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-01-2016, 10:14 PM)Sambarker Wrote: [ -> ]What clutch are you planning on running for 200bhp?
Ive got the stage 3 drive torque 5 paddle in. Will see how she copes with it all

Will be intresting to see, not sure how my 4 paddle CG will get on over 200bhp, although it is a pull type
Horsepower is not the problem with a clutch, a standard gti clutch for example will hold 400hp no problems. Its the torque that creates the problem, and specifically in our case the low down wave of torque a diesel gets.
(17-01-2016, 06:17 AM)HDi--Power Wrote: [ -> ]Horsepower is not the problem with a clutch, a standard gti clutch for example will hold 400hp no problems. Its the torque that creates the problem, and specifically in our case the low down wave of torque a diesel gets.
Already know this fella. Increase will be upto 40lbft. If it presents a problem may just have it held back to 300lbft. Shes performing well at that now. Im more concerned about the gearbox side of things. Clutches can be changed but dont thing ive got any other options gearbox side?
I know theres a varient with a hydro clutch (cant remember what from, just woke up [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]) which means different box case but unsure if this means they've addressed the gears and made them stronger. Was tempted yo change the box later for somthing abit more "sprinty". Xud would just be daft but think theres a shorter ratio box from a hdi van out there? Seen it mentioned a few times but never looked into it.

Only reason im intrested in slightly shorter ratio's is to sprint, top ends no fun where i live and its not worth your licence in the persuit of it
I still fancy attempting to fit a 6 speed hydraulic ml box in the future
(17-01-2016, 09:48 AM)Sambarker Wrote: [ -> ]I still fancy attempting to fit a 6 speed hydraulic ml box in the future
Was unaware there was a suitable 6 speed out there? Think the '6 boxes are useless on a derv
Ml boxs would be a good choice they physically fit but then you have driveshafts gear cables and hydro clutch to sort
(17-01-2016, 02:02 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Ml boxs would be a good choice they physically fit but then you have driveshafts gear cables and hydro clutch to sort

Yeah, it would be possible, just £££
(17-01-2016, 02:02 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Ml boxs would be a good choice they physically fit but then you have driveshafts gear cables and hydro clutch to sort
Ml box?
We run BE gearboxs on our motors. Ml is just another type Peugeot do that's all.
(17-01-2016, 04:18 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]We run BE gearboxs on our motors. Ml is just another type Peugeot do that's all.
Ahhh ok, havnt started looking into it yet so you'll soon lose me till ive done some research [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Hydro clutch is a piece of piss to do on a 306 using a 206 slave cylinder but you would need to do it with the engine out. Then you just need a hydraulic line made up from there to the box and either a separate res or tap into the brake res.
(17-01-2016, 06:13 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Hydro clutch is a piece of piss to do on a 306 using a 206 slave cylinder but you would need to do it with the engine out. Then you just need a hydraulic line made up from there to the box and either a separate res or tap into the brake res.
Is this a worth while mod fella?
Depends on what box etc you go for. Im not really sure on which boxes will pair up with which engines etc but i know if you had a hydro clutch set up, using a paddle clutch that may be harsh to use with a cable would be much nicer.
(17-01-2016, 06:28 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on what box etc you go for. Im not really sure on which boxes will pair up with which engines etc but i know if you had a hydro clutch set up, using a paddle clutch that may be harsh to use with a cable would be much nicer.
Somthing i'll have to do some serious research on. Im after a stronger box, setup and partially shorter ratios but not madly short like an xud
Tbh there is a lot of generic slave cylinders out there and all will do the job nicely providing you match the amount of fluid they move but i like the 206 one because its very compact. Only issue is its plastic and whilst i cant see this ever being an issue, it may be worth putting a little heat shield over it.
(17-01-2016, 06:59 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh there is a lot of generic slave cylinders out there and all will do the job nicely providing you match the amount of fluid they move but i like the 206 one because its very compact. Only issue is its plastic and whilst i cant see this ever being an issue, it may be worth putting a little heat shield over it.
Hmmm... will have to see once the turbos all on and fitted. Blew the last diff so guessing this box wont take much more on a bigger turbo
1.9NAD g/box.

Win(ish) ratios if you want short ones.
(18-01-2016, 11:08 AM)mr_fish Wrote: [ -> ]1.9NAD g/box.

Win(ish) ratios if you want short ones.
Are they shorter than an xud? What the inbetween love child of an xud and hdi
Nad box is shorter, Rumors say that a xud xantia box it inbetween a 306 xud and hdi but i got 1 on my dt and dont think there is much difference tbh
You could spray the outside of the exhaust in high temp paint and let the soot protect the inside Smile
(18-01-2016, 08:55 PM)Uberderv Wrote: [ -> ]You could spray the outside of the exhaust in high temp paint and let the soot protect the inside Smile
Soot and possibly oil from gone seals [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] yeah thats not a bad idea. Wanted to wrap it so may provide some protection from when the wrap locks in moisture
1.8 205 nad box... lol
Ok so still ordering and waiting for parts to show up. Waiting game sucks so much.
The pipe for the exhaust tip arrived so had a mock up to see what it looks like. Mocked it on the other side and flipped the image for those of you with a keen eye Wink
[Image: 9cb3f638761a435ffb0674357f92c349.jpg]
Because im more of a rat rod'er im very tempted to flap it and heat wrap the pipe. At the same time im loving this clean look tho
Could be used as a crotch warmer whilst loading the boot Smile
have you considered the potential of ceramic coating? (comes in several colours)
(03-02-2016, 04:00 PM)Uberderv Wrote: [ -> ]Could be used as a crotch warmer whilst loading the boot Smile
Stick my balls in it for a laugh and make them look like two lumps of coal [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] got our laugh for fcs sorted then
ffs... i cant be the only person who thinks this looks wank. We will all look back at this in ten years and be like... why did we ever do that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43