306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Sams astor 6 new shoes!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
And there I was thinking that you were going to see sense and drop a XUD in it Smile
Na man if I did it would be a dw10 plus want to keep it a gti as theres not many astor 6's about anymore
Yeah defo keep it gti as there aren't many astor's about like you said. I was just having a laugh Smile

Will it just be having a standard engine or will it have some shines
I no dude Smile just a standered engine not much point having to much power at my hight lmao just keep it tidy I guess Big Grin
Gutted for you about the engine but its a good excuse for you to buy the cams I'm selling haha
I would if I had the spare money dude Smile
Well they don't seem to be going anywhere soon loo
Get a V6 dude, couldn't be much worse on fuel, extra torque to drag you over speed humps and the very slight increase in weight will help get the car lower Smile
Haha true that, but low and not so slow but not fast is my style Tongue

(04-01-2014, 08:38 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Get a V6 dude, couldn't be much worse on fuel, extra torque to drag you over speed humps and the very slight increase in weight will help get the car lower Smile

I have thought about it but, the v6 engines are alot taller soooo if I kept it yhe same hight id technically be a crank shaft scuffer as there will be no sump left lmao
The V6 cant be that much taller, IIRC they are only the same stroke and they run a 60* V so should be shorter than the 2.0
if you go V6 you WILL have to run a sensible ride height, the exhausts and sump hang below subframe level, and you cannot lift it any higher.

helped build and have driven a few Wink
(04-01-2014, 06:24 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]And there I was thinking that you were going to see sense and drop a XUD in it Smile

Wait, it's a petrol?... Wink

Unlucky about the engine mate, nice to see you still sticking at it
I could get a v6 fitted just need to sell myself to afford air/hydraulics, and run the exhaust out the bonnet lmao

Cheers dude in away im glad this engine has finally gone as it was a tapper anyway and really didnt have a reason to put a new one in, but now I have Smile just want a mint engine to be honest only detailed Smile
exhaust out the bonnet wont solve the sump issue, and you can't make it shallower, as its only an inch deep anyway Wink
Shame about that bud...
But as I always say, wana go through water?...buy a boat!

Guna keep to standard engine or gey something shiney bolted on it?
Haha true, unless the engine can be raised?

Will I have concluded that a 306 doesnt survive in water when there pretty low lmao

Not really thought about it chap, just a standered on for now if I do it wont be until I some how come onto mega money then a snail will be added but until then just a bog standed engine will do for now Smile.

I no one thing ill be changing is re routing the airfilter!
nope, engine can't go up, inner CV's will hit the subframe, as well as master cylinder, bonnet, chassis leg...
True that
killer that... ;-).. ive got a induction kit wich basically points my air filter at the floor .. im super cautious around puddles... ive got no room to re route it cos the sylicone pipe is massive! i went out just now and the foam filter is wet from my drive home last night ... bad design methinks .. ive got meself a 16v 6 speed wet vac... lol !
good luck getting it sorted mate.
(05-01-2014, 01:11 PM)shaverspeedengineering Wrote: [ -> ]killer that... ;-).. ive got a induction kit wich basically points my air filter at the floor .. im super cautious around puddles... ive got no room to re route it cos the sylicone pipe is massive! i went out just now and the foam filter is wet from my drive home last night ... bad design methinks .. ive got meself a 16v 6 speed wet vac... lol !

Yeah man he design good with the standeted air box, I want to get the filter up by the abs pump

(05-01-2014, 01:55 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]good luck getting it sorted mate.

Cheers fella
Well good news the cars getting picked up on thursday Big Grin and the coilover springs should here tomorrow Big Grin
Your a mechanic and your sending your car to a garage?...
Well I work at kwikfit so more like a fitter lmao havent got the space at work todo it chap
Meh im sure you could figure it out :p But yeah the space thing sucks, guess im fortunate to have a mate with a unit, barely got room to park at home let alone work on anything Sad
Ooh unlucky dude. At least it's going to be given a new lease of life :-)
I could do it at work easily just need 4 jacks just to get my car on the 2 post, then get the engine out, plus the boss is avit annoyed that my cars in the garage most days anyway tinkering away haha so ill just let colin do it and I no itll get done propperly then

(05-01-2014, 11:49 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh unlucky dude. At least it's going to be given a new lease of life :-)

Yeah it sucks but its happened, and I was that close to put it up for parts but somethung stopped me doing it whuch im glad I didnt now Big Grin
So your having a rebuild and new everything almost? Or just replacement engine?
No more tap tap haha Smile
New engine, cambelt, water pump, clutch, rad and no more tapping Big Grin the one in my car now needs a new conrod in cylinder 4 but I dont no what else is bent Sad driving it home was scary flat to the floor in 3rd was about 40mph and it didnt sound happy doing it so ideally the engine I have needs a full rebuild which I dont have the money for
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36