Clutch cable

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch cable
Hello all 306oc, well yesterday me clutch made to loud sounds and now its bitting hight now ive had some one look at it and its not slipping they have said it could be the cultch cable any one got any idears how to change them ive done one on my 106 but i have got no idear where the 306 one run lol Blush . Thanks rob
Thanks given by:
Good question..... Anyone have a guide as I can't find one on this site? I'll be fitting my new cable to my car Wednesday and never done one before my self.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So im not the only one then lol
Thanks given by:
Cutch Tongue

Thanks given by:
I hope you haven't got air con...or a big HDi engine in the way! Its a right pain in the arse!!

Heres a guide Niall done....but it would've been so much easier on his 1.8 than the HDi!!!!!!! http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-844.html
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 01:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I hope you haven't got air con...or a big HDi engine in the way! Its a right pain in the arse!!

Heres a guide Niall done....but it would've been so much easier on his 1.8 than the HDi!!!!!!! http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-844.html

Great that's me screwed!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Haha, allow plenty of time, and get a mate to help. It is a PITA, but if me and SRowell can manage it I'm sure anyone else can! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 02:44 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(27-08-2012, 01:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I hope you haven't got air con...or a big HDi engine in the way! Its a right pain in the arse!!

Great that's me screwed!

snap mate woops Blush
Thanks given by:
Its an awful job on the hdi, turbo and ac pipes all in the way. there is another guide on 306gti6 too. Im doing mine and can't get the rubber back onto the hole, need to cut my ac pipes out i think!
Thanks given by:
if you use a BFO lever bar to pull the ac pipes out the way, it pops in easy. i used a pry bar and a chisel to get enough leverage. you need pull them out about 2 inches, if not more. unclip them from the bulkhead, and dont worry about breaking them, theyre flexible enough
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2012, 10:32 AM)rob-306hdi Wrote: Hello all 306oc, well yesterday me clutch made to loud sounds and now its bitting hight now ive had some one look at it and its not slipping they have said it could be the cultch cable any one got any idears how to change them ive done one on my 106 but i have got no idear where the 306 one run lol Blush . Thanks rob

Sounds like the auto adjuster mech has gone, try stamping on the pedal quickly a few times, if not any better just replace it. Easy job, dont see why everyone complains...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2012, 03:57 PM)Connor Wrote:
(27-08-2012, 10:32 AM)rob-306hdi Wrote: Hello all 306oc, well yesterday me clutch made to loud sounds and now its bitting hight now ive had some one look at it and its not slipping they have said it could be the cultch cable any one got any idears how to change them ive done one on my 106 but i have got no idear where the 306 one run lol Blush . Thanks rob

Sounds like the auto adjuster mech has gone, try stamping on the pedal quickly a few times, if not any better just replace it. Easy job, dont see why everyone complains...

cheers mate Smile
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2012, 02:18 PM)samass Wrote: if you use a BFO lever bar to pull the ac pipes out the way, it pops in easy. i used a pry bar and a chisel to get enough leverage. you need pull them out about 2 inches, if not more. unclip them from the bulkhead, and dont worry about breaking them, theyre flexible enough

Doesn't work like that on the HDi.....you have space to get your hand to the bung OR to bend the pipes out the way.....there isn't space for both lol, engines too damn big!
Thanks given by:
Its the bloody EGR valve in the way.
Thanks given by:
(28-08-2012, 10:11 AM)DaveW Wrote: Its an awful job on the hdi, turbo and ac pipes all in the way. there is another guide on 306gti6 too. Im doing mine and can't get the rubber back onto the hole, need to cut my ac pipes out i think!

exactly this! Everything is in the way!
Thanks given by:
So sam and toms done it on the hdi quick tips on getting it done.
As some off you know i do not touch the engine of my car that's all my dads job. But he's on holiday and I need the cable done before Saturday (trax) so I'm doing it my self tomorrow.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Its just really fiddly to get it back through the bulk head under the aircon pipes. I find it easier with two people tbh thats about the only tip i have.
Thanks given by:
Don't forget to tie a shoelace or something to the old one before you pull it out, its a right lady garden to get the new on in the hole if you don't have any hair around it.
Sorry, if you don't have the string to pull it back through Tongue

Thanks given by:
Definitely that ^^^ and make sure its something strong......a string of pubes would most probably just break. Tongue

But seriously, the only difficult part is getting the pedal clip throguh the hole, then getting the grommet/bung back in properly. We didn't get the bung back in properly yet, just couldn't do it....but as were dropping the gearbox for a clutch change, we'll just rock the engine forward to push it back in (if we remember!). The pedal clip bit was most certainly easier with 2 people, one in the car pulling on the string tied to it it, and one n the bay, crowbarring the AC pipes and pushing the cable roughly in the right direction (you can't actually see the hole so it's all done by feel!).
Thanks given by:
Right so what you mean is inside the car tie the string to the white clip, then under the car pull the cable out then tie the new cable to the string and pull it from inside the car?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Yep, spot on.

I still have the string from sams hoody tied to line, never tool it off lol

Thanks given by:
Yeah the hole is so small tho, you can remove the fusebox panel and then take out bit of the air ducting to get abit of a better view of the pedals and the hole.
Thanks given by:
This is apparently the way to get the best view of the clucth cable hole....... Big Grin

[Image: EML003.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lmao

actually, pretty much what i did!

Thanks given by:
Haha, won't catch me doing that, I go dizzy just laying down never mind upside down lol. Tbh its not too hard to see after removing the cover and duct, and with a good torch sitting on the ground outside the car, I found I could see fine. Smile
Thanks given by:
Well start of the day was just terrible. Starting jacking car up got it on first axle stand no problem. Come to raise other side and guess what..... My driveway started collapsing and my car falling over. Just got hold of the car. Shouted my mum to get my next door neibour and sorted that put an got a tow down to my uncles garage who has a pit. Much safer. Just trying to get the clip through the bulkhead now.

My pedal has no spring to it. It's just drops to the floor? Is that cos the clips off it?

Good old fashioned pit.... Umm too tall for it!!!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
yea the pedal is held up by the cable, so no worries there

Thanks given by:
Ok good. See what you mean by the who. Got the air duct out but still no use. Got a mate coming when he's finished work so should be a help then one thread as one pulls. Smile

Doing ok though to say I haven't relied on my dad whoop Smile

I've come to a solution.... Samass can I borrow some of your lube.... My arms are too fat.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Right I'm in... How do I adjust it?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
It auto adjusts....
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clutch Cable - 306 HDI year 2000 steve1001 10 1,667 25-10-2021, 06:38 PM