306 manual clutch cable

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 manual clutch cable
hi all, as by the title i am asking if anyone knows if there is a manual clutch cable that can be used with the 306 hdi? the reason i ask is after just fitting a new clutch and cable, the bite has adjusted to a point where im not happy with it (right at the top of the pedal...)

does anyone know if the 309 cable would work?

Jake
Thanks given by:
They're a push clutch right?

Phase1 BE push clutches all used a manual cable IIRC, motaquip part number VVC 365.
Thanks given by:
HDi's are push type yep.

But if you use the clutch a bit, the bite should drop to the right place with the auto-cable anyway, I've never had an issue with them tbh.
Thanks given by:
Stamp on it and slip your foot off so it bangs back up a few times, that usually helps.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(28-09-2014, 03:47 PM)Poodle Wrote: Stamp on it and slip your foot off so it bangs back up a few times, that usually helps.

the issue im having is i fitted the cable and the bite was in a nice place right neer the floor but now after driving the car a bit the bite has moved right up to where you only just need to touch the peddal

i was aware that the cables only adjust one way is this wrong?

jake
Thanks given by:
You can take the adjuster apart and reset it...tiz a biatch to do though as i found
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2014, 09:08 AM)Piggy Wrote: You can take the adjuster apart and reset it...tiz a biatch to do though as i found

surely if i reset it it will just adjust to the same place again?

jake
Thanks given by:
Bite should not be near the floor.
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2014, 09:04 AM)306clot Wrote:
(28-09-2014, 03:47 PM)Poodle Wrote: Stamp on it and slip your foot off so it bangs back up a few times, that usually helps.

the issue im having is i fitted the cable and the bite was in a nice place right neer the floor but now after driving the car a bit the bite has moved right up to where you only just need to touch the peddal

jake

Uhh...its moved to the right place then!! lol
Thanks given by:
Nah it shouldnt be right at the top either, the bite should be about an inch from top stop position iirc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2014, 11:06 AM)Piggy Wrote: Nah it shouldnt be right at the top either, the bite should be about an inch from top stop position iirc

yeah its like its gone a bit too far that is about how i would set a clutch, about a inch or a bit over of pushing before it disengages can they move back the other way at all?

jake
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2014, 09:04 AM)306clot Wrote: the issue im having is i fitted the cable and the bite was in a nice place right neer the floor but now after driving the car a bit the bite has moved right up to where you only just need to touch the peddal

jake

Ah i see, my mistake. Could do with finding out why it's set itself up there first then, is there full movement on the clutch arm, nothing fouling the self-adjuster, etc?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 06:12 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(29-09-2014, 09:04 AM)306clot Wrote: the issue im having is i fitted the cable and the bite was in a nice place right neer the floor but now after driving the car a bit the bite has moved right up to where you only just need to touch the peddal

jake

Ah i see, my mistake. Could do with finding out why it's set itself up there first then, is there full movement on the clutch arm, nothing fouling the self-adjuster, etc?

no there's nothing to stop the cable operating properly, the only thing that i can amuse has played it up is running a higher sprung pressure plate, i have bitten the bullet now and bought a 309 1.8 d cable as its got the same be3 gearbox connectors manual adjust and plastic pedal clip, all i will need to change is the cabin gromit on the 309 cable and take the one from my 306 cable, hope that works out well

jake
Thanks given by:
Fair play, hope it works, let us know how you get on. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(01-10-2014, 05:41 AM)Poodle Wrote: Fair play, hope it works, let us know how you get on. Smile

got the cable fitted yesterday, was a bit of a pig but got the cabin grommet changed over and was just a general pig to get into the bulkhead as there is no room on hdi's, got the other end on the gearbox just but there is no adjustment with the cable and i had to modify the plastic inserts that go into the clutch arm to make cable thread long enough and had to use a nylock nut instead of the 2 that its supplied with but luckily having these mods and the nylock nut just poking through the bit is in the best place it can be, hope fully when the cable settles in and stretches a bit i can do better adjustment but as it is the bite is better than the auto cable

[Image: IMG_1202_zps6de02145.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clutch Cable - 306 HDI year 2000 steve1001 10 1,550 25-10-2021, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  clutch cable fork pug306driver 9 2,056 26-01-2016, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  clutch cable change. alex-r 0 1,251 24-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Last Post: alex-r