clutch cable fork

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clutch cable fork
Whilst the car is vor and stripped, does the clutch cable fork "bolt" look right?

Have exploded view of this area which is not that clear, and reference to the Haynes manual, which shows the pull type ( ours being the push type of clutch with drawl method ) clevis pin and shaft, which has a hole, what is the arrangement for our car??

Does it have a central ish hole in the shaft that goes  into the clutch bell housing, like in the Haynes manual suggests, or does the threaded "bolt" or stud in the picture screw right thru the shaft and go into a corresponding hole in the other side of the clutch cable fork??

I cannot see the hidden side of the clutch fork to check.

Is the "bolt" or threaded pin sticking out too far, ie not in far enough??

All help greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Looks ok to me, but could probably tap through a little more. It just goes through the other side of the arm through a corresponding hole there.

They seize in pretty badly as they're only removed to change fork bushes (so never on most HDis!) so easier to remove with more thread showing, it doesn't need removing to remove the gearbox like on XUDs.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Tom but the "bolt" has a thread, cant tell if there is a drive "flat" or allan hole  on the end showing, but will try 2 lock nuts and see if it screws in more, unless otherwise informed.

ps finally got the hang of inserting pictures at last!
Thanks given by:
Nah it's flat in the middle, that thread is only so you can tighten a nut onto it to force it backwards out of the hole. It just taps in, but really it doesn't matter, your clutch arm obviously hasn't fallen off so must be in enough lol.
Thanks given by:
It's not threaded all the way down - the part that goes through the arm and fork is smooth, with the M7 threaded end there solely to remove it. As such, you won't be able to screw it in/out.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by: pug306driver
[Image: IMAG3093_zpsee44b081.jpg]

Mid removal with the correct pin removal tool there lol... But hopefully you can see how short the thread is in that pic. Looks like Alan has described it better than I can anyway lol.
So a tap fit into the fork, thru the shaft an into the other side of the fork?

A tap fit so it dont rattle out?

And the threaded section to use nut ( and tube ? ) and draw ( pull ) the tap fit pin out?
Thanks given by:
threaded section is to attach a slide hammer, the pin is smooth bar a few splines on the threaded end to stop it falling out, later ones have a spring clip.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
ah, now i see and understand, thanks thanks thanks. all is now clear.
Thanks given by:
Isn't it only the pull type that have the spring clip? I've never seen it on a HDi/1.8 but always on GTi6/XUD.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clutch Cable - 306 HDI year 2000 steve1001 10 1,545 25-10-2021, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  306 manual clutch cable 306clot 14 4,711 02-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Last Post: 306clot
  clutch cable change. alex-r 0 1,248 24-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Last Post: alex-r